Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Suggestions

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Before my suggestions many thanks to @BigAntStudios and team for such a wonderful game.

Hotkey\shortcut for field editor

During bowling the frequent thing we do is changing the fields. It takes some time to open the menu searching for the right field. If we have an option to mark the fields as favourite and able to navigate through the arrow keys it would be great.

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can I ask people to only post here once you have played the game? Obviously that won't happen, but it would be appreciated.

Can u plz ad licencez?

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^ The above account is hacked, where is the real BRAB

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Preview and change kits
In Casual mode after we select the teams & difficulty, if there is an option to preview & select the kits it would be cool especially when there are multiple versions of same team

Improve reaction time
After the slow motion fielding or when the player slides the ball near the boundary line, the nearby fielders taking couple of seconds to react.

Sultan Ms Nama

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
@BigAntStudios sir please add full sleeves option for wicketkeeper
I constantly saying but in previews this option not available
And one more thing fielder circle not there that is while batting or bowling we can't see fielders where r they placed that's the biggest drawback in previous DBC 14 and this time also u didn't rectify it
So please update me regarding this!!!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@BigAntStudios sir please add full sleeves option for wicketkeeper
I constantly saying but in previews this option not available
And one more thing fielder circle not there that is while batting or bowling we can't see fielders where r they placed that's the biggest drawback in previous DBC 14 and this time also u didn't rectify it
So please update me regarding this!!!

Looks like lack of field radar is a design choice, not a bug. Though I agree it would help speed up gameplay (especially online).

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
One suggestion would be that the game has fielder rating but that isn't useful when using field editor..It would be a lot more useful when the field editor shows the fielder with the rating so that we can place the right player in the right place..

savvart

Associate Cricketer
One suggestion would be that the game has fielder rating but that isn't useful when using field editor..It would be a lot more useful when the field editor shows the fielder with the rating so that we can place the right player in the right place..

I agree...

Warlow

School Cricketer
Great game loving the kits, bats and the Stadium creator the most, ive got 2 suggestions
1. More stats while batting or bowling, the run rate, run rate required ect
2. I enjoy playing competitions but if I play a world cup and I want it to be in Australia i would like all the games being played on Aus fiels not the home teams>

Again thanks for the great game

Fryzigg

Club Captain
Played three co-op games one of each format so far, so these are things that have either remained unchanged from DBC14 and/or early ideas. Edit: Have now played through the T20 club cricket tournament also.
  • Big Lines: When it rotates to behind the stumps it will close it the instant it hits directly behind so bit hard to see movement and such.
    • Maybe just hold it till a X or A input?
    • Also could we get the first ball of the next over have the entire last over
  • Co-op Running between wickets: Feels very clunky with not having independent controls.
    • Change back to DBC14 method of individually controlling all actions of the batsmen including running.
  • Replays: Pretty much the same with the same sort of nuances.
    • If a review is possible (lbw or ct behind) you get no replay of the wicket
    • The angle for catches, I think should have at least the first angle being directly behind the umpire (broadcast?) that way any movement can seen and such.
  • Ball rolling towards stumps: Can't stop at least not from anywhere I can see, so happy to be corrected.
    • Enable a button which lets the user push the ball away from the stumps so it doesn't just roll onto the stumps had this occur twice where it was rolling very very slowly.
  • Fielding Presets: Just a quality of a life thing where you might like a field you set during a game but forget to go into academy and make it after.
    • Allow custom fields to be saved as you make and use them in game.
  • Line Ups: QoL
    • A button to change the order of batting by moving the player and sliding them in rather than plain switching (look at Cricket Captain games)
  • Career Stats: I know a lot of people are stataholics including myself and the removal of being unable to see your stats except when your in-game in career mode is disappointing.
    • The stats are being tracked so maybe make them available similarly to DBC14 and the User statics menu in "Settings". Also maybe the introduction of more graphs such as average over time with runs scored in the innings (similar to tv infographics) for example.
Most of these suggestions are not very gameplay orientated as I haven't played too much yet and the gameplay for the most part has seemed fine.

Last edited:

varunschuey

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@BigAntStudios @mikeymerren Congratulations to Big Ant on a well developed game, and I really love the game play sliders. Here are a few suggestions to improve the experience:

1.Head to Head statistics for matches with Friends
Playing friends online and having bragging rights is a fundamental attraction. It would be awesome to have a page with simple stats such as Won, Lost, Highest Team Score, Biggest Win, Highest Individual Score and Best Bowling Figures against each of your friends. This should be fairly simple to implement through a patch and will go a long way in enhancing the allure and longevity of the game.

2.Field Settings

Quick access to preset fields (through D-Pad) would considerably quicken up the game. I feel it is a crucial requirement and was available in DBC 14.

3.Fielding Radar
I know this topic has been extensively debated, but looking at the amount of flexibility built into the game through Player Difficulty Settings, AI Modes and Game Play Sliders.......this should be an optional feature as well. Something that can be translucent and toggled on and off by batsmen through the D-Pad.

I know there are arguments for realism and everything but if we can have an Onscreen Scoreboard, Bowling Indicators, Throw Meters and Ball Trails....this merits inclusion as well, especially as the majority of the people want it (just like how we don't insist on the batsmen to look through their eyes at the scoreboard).

4.Bowling Speed Indicator
The game play sliders should quicken up or slow down the speed at which the ball arrives, but the speed indicator should display representative speeds based on the type of bowler and his attributes. This means that I could have Brett Lee bowling with the pace slider set to max, and although the pace is very quick (feeling like 210) but the display should read 160 kph and not 210 kph.

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
One suggestion would be to make WK visible as soon as the batsman hits the ball, he/she is transparent for way too long..

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
One suggestion would be to make WK visible as soon as the batsman hits the ball, he/she is transparent for way too long..
You can toggle transparent WK's on and off.

I'd like to see a minimal field view HUD option, I liked having the position indicators in DBC 14 but having the names and ratings is a bit too much and you wouldn't know who is the best fielder in every team (especially at club level)

alioz

Club Cricketer
I got my game yesterday as it released in Australia now. I am kind of a player who only plays online. And i was one of the best online player for the last game in Xbox (I have now moved to ps4). I was ranked number 3 or something and played countless tournaments among some great players. I loved it.

But I can't believe they have taken out online difficulty setting. I mean what were they thinking!!!! i played online for the first time yesterday and scored 70 runs in a 5 over match! Please again dont think that i am saying everything is bad about the game. But for me online is the only thing i am interested in. Please fix this with an update. @BigAntStudios

Users who are viewing this thread