International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I feel that the career mode is mostly directed toward personal results. I feel it would be better if there was more communication in the middle when you are batting. For instance, you could either tell your partner or he/she could tell you to do a certain task, like "let's try to rotate the strike more" or "I feel I'm in good touch so just try to hold up one end" or something like that. If there was anything like that it would be great. That would make you feel like you are working together and when the team would win it would feel more satisfying even if personally you haven't scored much. Communication within the team in career mode would be nice.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Also I think in career mode the scorecards of international tours are very unrealistic because if you look at a 5 match test series players perform in matches randomly or according to their respective attributes but what plays a greater role in an international series is the current form of the player.
If the player plays well in the first match he is considered to be in good form and ideally should be performing well in the rest of the series as well
But I saw a test tour of India to England in my career mode where players were performing so much randomly that if kohli got a hundred in the 1st match then rahane was getting it in the 2nd. Then pujara in the next one and in that test even the wicket keeper scored a hundred. Every batsman from the line up got atleast 1 hundred in that 5 match series.
Teams were making more than 500+ scores with ease and declaring as if they were playing in India.
Form is an important aspect of cricket and should be present in the game

piyush rana

Club Cricketer
I think what lacks in Don Bradman cricket is the responsiveness of AI. In game like this there has to be a lot of skills to improve as a player in career mode and you cannot be perfect in cricket in my opinion.
It seems to be very easy to play shots early in the inning of the channel outside off stump, if they watch cricket before making games then they should know how hard it to score of the ball just outside off stump for a batsman.If I made some changes in the pitch conditions like bounce, my batsman seems to be adjusted according to the bounce which is not easy for any cricketer.
They must take a great look into the cricket and make some huge changes like techniques varies with different advantages.
Another thing I noticed in the game is that any batsman from any nation play spin very well which is not the reality actually in reality only few players outside of Asia plays spin very well so do some homework and make it happens in your game as well even sometimes Asian also unable to play spin very well.I observe in the game that it doesn't matter how much spin difficultly you set your player always play ball from the mid of the bat I mean how can it be possible to play the ball which turning sharply to play from mid of the bat.This seems to be same for new ball swing, tell me one thing "IS EVERY BATSMAN ABLE TO PLAY NEW BALL?" I think it's answer is no.
In the last I wants to ask any cricket player about the point I made in above paragraphs are right or wrong because I observe cricket very closely and these are very important to make a real cricket game.
Come on BIG ANT make some major patches and fix these issues to give your game a life which it require.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think the individual skills should be hidden and instead just have a set range of seven or eight 'levels' for batting and bowling which determines the skill ratings.

The ranges could be:
Legend (Bradman, Warne)
World Class (Smith, Anderson)
Experienced International (Morgan, Dhawan)
International (Bairstow, Woakes)
Experienced County
Average County
Inexperienced County
Club

Then maybe three or four strengths and weaknesses that can be selected for each individual that slightly reduce or increase skills in certain areas. They could also have a temporary impact on confidence during a match. So if a batsman is weak against spin bowling and his innings starts against spin maybe his confidence doesn't increase as quickly. Additionally if a batsman comes in against pace bowling but has a weakness against spin it could trigger the AI to bring on a spinner.

Examples, for batsman (e.g. pace bowling, spin bowling, aggressive batting, defensive batting, legside, back foot); for bowlers (hard pitch, soft pitch, swing bowling, attacking bowling, defensive bowling). You could have dozens and include types of batsman (LH, RH), types of bowlers (SLA, RFM).

One thing it would do is make for more consistent sharing across the academy and also add some variation to how batsman play.

Couldn't agree more.

vinit85

Club Captain
Please help me out....
While Playing Career Match, where can i see Batsman/Bowler confidence meter..??
If i am playing any career match (Batting), how will i come to know weather batsman is good enough to play Big Shots..??
Example: Hitting 4,6 or 2-3 runs, Batting confidence should go up....
Missing the ball while play or getting Edge, confidence should go down.....
Same for Bowling as well....
So, do we have this option to check in Game play..?? please let me know
If we dont have then suggesting to add this option in next patch...
Thanks.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Please help me out....
If i am playing any career match (Batting), how will i come to know weather batsman is good enough to play Big Shots..??
Thanks.

push d-pad up to see confidence and stamina.

vinit85

Club Captain
push d-pad up to see confidence and stamina.

Is This for DBC 14 or DBC 17..??
I am aware, its available in DBC 14, but cant find Confidence and Stamina option in DBC 17
I am playing DBC 17
recently purchased from steam.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
My biggest irritation at the moment is the fact that I'm dealing with moron players in my squad as captain!

How can I not get to choose a squad of my liking. I mean no V Kohli in an India squad?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
My biggest irritation at the moment is the fact that I'm dealing with moron players in my squad as captain!

How can I not get to choose a squad of my liking. I mean no V Kohli in an India squad?
Go play Ashes cricket then...

D

Deleted member 46200

You must admit that's the best answer so far... ? Not!

Okay, I guess you're not playing career mode then as you do get to choose your squad once you are skipper. In other matches you do choose your team just prior starting the game so, any chance you can elaborate, mate

D

Deleted member 46200

Please help me out....
Thanks.
Which platform...?

D

Deleted member 46200

I feel that the career mode is mostly directed toward personal results. I feel it would be better if there was more communication in the middle when you are batting. For instance, you could either tell your partner or he/she could tell you to do a certain task, like "let's try to rotate the strike more" or "I feel I'm in good touch so just try to hold up one end" or something like that. If there was anything like that it would be great. That would make you feel like you are working together and when the team would win it would feel more satisfying even if personally you haven't scored much. Communication within the team in career mode would be nice.
I do agree with you the communication would be great the relationship could turn bad with run outs and near misses...

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
You must admit that's the best answer so far... ? Not!

Okay, I guess you're not playing career mode then as you do get to choose your squad once you are skipper. In other matches you do choose your team just prior starting the game so, any chance you can elaborate, mate

Thanks for your response.

I am cent percent sure I'm playing career mode. I can select the playing XI but not the squad.

Users who are viewing this thread