NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Good to see some hard hitting by Deccan.

3 Aussies in the middle order.. What else do you need to win a match?

harrisb

International Coach
thanks to everyone for the positive feedback. i hope i won't let you down in the next few updates.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
thanks to everyone for the positive feedback. i hope i won't let you down in the next few updates.

You better not... Anyways can you post all the teams squad??

ADA

School Cricketer
Good start for DC....:) The presentation might have looked even better if some pics were added... Anyway it is good.... With whom will DC play in their second one???

harrisb

International Coach
11354106.jpg

topbar-news.gif

6/2/2010
IPL Weekly
lg-share-en.gif

Welcome to IPL Weekly, a brand new online magazine feature that will bring readers up-to-date with the happenings in the 3rd DLF IPL.

First, let's review round 1 of IPL3.

The fixtures were:

Chennai Super Kings vs Mumbai Indians
Delhi Daredevils vs Rajasthan Royals
Kolkata Knight Riders vs Kings XI Punjab
Deccan Chargers vs Bangalore Royal Challengers.

In the first match, Chennai against Mumbai, played at the MA Chidambaram stadium. Mumbai won the toss and chose to bat, which didn't look like the right decision. It didn't get much better for Mumbai when Phil Jacques fell after less than two overs, and when Kiran Powar followed 5 deliveries later, Mumbai were struggling on 14/2. Imtiyaz Ahmed, hoping to impress, scored 1 before being beaten by a straight one from Balaji. At this stage, Balaji had 2 wickets, and Mumbai were hoping that the next man in, Sachin Tendulkar, could bring life back to the innings with Shikhar Dhawan, who was on 6 when Sachin joined him. Big hitting from the little master saw him hit an innings saving 73 not out. Had it not been for Dhawan and Pinal Shah, Tendulkar may have run out of partners way before he reached his 50. Mumbai eventually reached the end of their innings nine wickets down, and would be hoping that their strike bowlers, Malinga, Khan and Fernando would do the damage to Chennai that would win them the match.
Good bowling from Chennai meant that Mumbai's batsmen couldn't settle, and when they tried a big shot, with the exception of Tendulkar, were caught or bowled, 3 wickets for Tyagi, and 2 each for Murali and Balaji.

Chennai had a similar start, losing Mukund in less than 2 overs, and were 12/1. However, Hayden and captain Badrinath moved the score along. However, Mumbai took wickets at regular intervals, and it looked like it would be a close match. Suresh Raina proved to be the match winner, his 45, accompanied by the rest of the middle-order, saw Chennai home with over 2 overs to spare.

Mumbai: 165/9
Tendulkar 75*
Dhawan 34
Tyagi 3/42

Chennai 167/6
Raina 45
Patel 27
Khan 3/45

MOTM: Sudeep Tyagi

Chennai Super Kings won by 4 wickets.

Elsewhere, Damien Martyn scored a blisteringly quick 91* to see Rajasthan chase down 185 runs to beat Delhi, who had seen Gambhir and David Warner both hit 50's for them at the Feroz Shah Kotla.

In Kolkata, the Knight Riders were playing Kings XI Punjab at Eden Gardens. Kolkata won the toss, and were bowled out for 179, in which Chris Gayle hit back at recent criticism with a standalone 74. Ishan Malhotra took 4/13 for Kings XI, and it looked like Punjab would have a challenge to get to 179 on a pitch that was clearly favouring the bowlers. However, they relied on Yuvraj too much, and although he top scored 41, it wasn't enough, and with 5 balls to spare, Agarkar took the wicket that rounded off a great performance from Kolkata, who had looked out of it at one stage.

Deccan easily beat Bangalore, after bowling Bangalore out for 137 in 17 overs, Deccan cruised home with 6 wickets left in just 15 overs. Uthappa scored 54 for BRC, but apart from Boucher (34), nobody else in the Bangalore team batted well, and Deccan were left with a small total to chase down. They did this well, and quickly, Gilchrist and Ponting set the tone for the Chargers, Laxman got in... and then out again, and Andrew Symonds finished the match with an amazing 34 from 16 balls.

Thanks for joining us today, we'll be back tomorrow with more action from the IPL.

Courtesy: PlanetCricket

65407323.jpg

50297746.jpg

? Planet Cricket, 2010 | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Nice presentation and writing.
Good win first up for you guys.

harrisb

International Coach
11354106.jpg

topbar-news.gif

16/2/2010
Round 2 Preview
lg-share-en.gif

Well, the IPL is back, and after a short break after the first round, the second round will be played tomorrow. First, let's have a look at the table,

ipltable.png

As you can see, there isn't much to talk about, 4 teams have won a match, and 4 teams have lost a match. That's all round 1 does, gives 4 teams a good start, whereas the 4 losing teams will have to improve to stop them from falling further behind.

Deccan Chargers are currently top, on NRR, but Kolkata, Chennai and Rajasthan are all also on 2 points, which means that a win in round 2 is crucial to maintaning that top 4 position.

The round 2 fixtures are as followed:

Mumbai Indians vs Delhi Daredevils @ Mumbai,
Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders @ Chennai,
Rajasthan Royals vs Bangalore Royal Challengers @ Jaipur,
Kings XI Punjab vs Deccan Chargers @ Mohali.

The big game will probably be at Chennai, where two of the four teams that won in round 1 are taking on each other. Chris Gayle, who smashed 74 for Kolkata in the first round, will be looking for another big score.

102620.jpg

Chris Gayle plays the pull shot

For Chennai, it will be Suresh Raina hopefully hitting another big score. His 45 in the first match against Mumbai, accompanied by Sudeep Tyagi's MOTM figures of 3/42, will make sure that this is a game not to be missed.

Mumbai against Delhi will see two teams with outstanding talent come face to face, however both teams will be desperate for a win because neither of them won in round 1. Mumbai will need Sachin to be on top form, following on from his unbeaten 73* in the first match, and Delhi will need Sehwag to bounce back from a poor score in the first match if they want to win. The power of Gambhir and Warner may not be enough against the bowling power of Zaheer Khan, Malinga and Fernando. For the winners, it will mean that they still have a chance of winning the IPL, for the losers, it will make it even harder to qualify for the play-offs at the end of the season.

Bangalore go to Jaipur tomorrow to face off against Shane Warne's Rajasthan Royals, who thanks to Damien Martyn's superb 91* in the first round, are one of the 4 winning teams. However, Bangalore have the batsmen to hit big if they want to, with the likes of Pietersen, Ryder, Boucher and Uthappa, plus youngster Virat Kohli. All of these, combined with the pace of Steyn, and the spin of Kumble will be a tough team to beat. Bangalore are without Wasim Jaffer, and Rajasthan are without Morne Morkel.

In the final match of round 2, Deccan travel to Mohali to play KXI Punjab. Deccan are definitely one of the strongest teams out there, with the likes of Gilchrist, Ponting, Dravid, Symonds and Rohit. However, new signing Kemar Roach has expressed his concerns over not being selected in the first match. He has said that although there are lots of international players at Deccan, he feels that he is definitely good enough to be part of the four that play. Deccan's selectors and coach Brook Harris feel otherwise, as they've been playing the three Aussies of Gilchrist, Ponting and Symonds, accompanied with the all-round talent of Englishman Stuart Broad. Kings XI will need to rely on Yuvraj, Hughes and Bopara to hit a big score, and for Brett Lee to destroy the Deccan top order.

Thanks for joining us today, we'll be back tomorrow with more action from the IPL.

Courtesy: PlanetCricket

65407323.jpg

50297746.jpg

harrisb

International Coach
11354106.jpg

topbar-news.gif

22/2/10
IPL Stopped By Terror Attacks
lg-share-en.gif

In the past few hours, India has once again been attacked by terrorists, and almost all of the players involved in the IPL have gone home, and so have the team managers.
The attacks were focused on Mumbai, but Delhi and Chennai have also been attacked. The death toll has not been announced, as bodies are still being found, but it is expected that the death toll will reach 1000.
In Mumbai, a plane that took off from the airport, was hijacked almost immediately, and then crashed into the main city of Mumbai, close to the stock exchange building.
Delhi and Chennai have both been attacked by masked gunmen, in Delhi, they opened fire near the lotus temple, killing many tourists and religious visitors. In Chennai, it was much the same, gunmen attacked the central station in Mumbai, before attacking the Ripon building.

In a statement, the IPL commissioner Lalit Modi said this:

This is a terrible incident, and my immediate thoughts are with the victims, and their families and their friends.
In the aftermath of this accident, many players and coaches involved in the 3rd DLF IPL have left India, and have returned to their home countries, I understand that most of the Indian players have also flown out of India with team colleagues.
Because of the attack, and the players leaving, the IPL is being suspended indefinitely for this season.
It is unlikely that the season will be able to restart, but we hope that next year's new IPL will still be held in India.
I would like to end by again saying that everyone involved in the IPL is very upset by this attack, and our thought's are with the victims and their families and friends.

That is all.

The IPL has been suspended indefinitely, and it is unlikely that it will continue.

Courtesy: IPLT20.com

65407323.jpg

50297746.jpg

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Nice way to end a story :p

harrisb

International Coach
it could be resumed, but later on, i've got a fresh idea, and one that won't be done by many other members, as i have found with this one, since this one started, a lot of IPL stories have started, and although it wasn't a pleasant way to end the IPL, it's one that could happen because of the security fears surrounding the IPL.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The fact is, your last 5 stories ( since November 2009 ) have not even continued after 40 posts. If not bothering to do a story for long terms, why starting a thread then? We need proper explanation to see this thread continuing, otherwise, it will be closed after merging all your 5 story threads. :readit

the reason for not continuing with the last few stories is that i felt that my story wasn't getting much feedback, after the initial burst of comments, they dried up and nobody posted, which was a huge let down for me.
Also, i didn't feel the urge to complete the story, mainly because playing C07 is so bad, and therefore makes it feel like a chore to play the game just so you can write a story that nobody comments on.

Hopefully this story will attract more members, as it's different, and also it's based around the IPL so far.

I hope that this is an alright explanation, and i hope that your next few posts are positive, i'm sorry if i've broken rules, but when i have asked you to close and delete threads in the past, i don't get a response.

anyway, IPL auction action to come soon...

watch this space.

Mate,good luck for this one.But,the reason you have posted for not continuing with the stories is nothing really.Do the stories for fun,please.Anyways looking forward to this.

Harris, you cannot stop stories because nobody posts. Most of my cricket stories have had little feedback, you've just gotta keep going, otherwise you'll end up never getting very far with an story.

Stop using it as an excuse for frequent loss of interest in your stories. Come up with a good idea, right plenty of updates and get into the game before starting a new story. Then you know you are enjoying it and you have updates in the bag to start with.

I have said that 'i didn't feel the urge to continue mainly because C07 is so bad, and it feels like a chore to be playing a game that you don't really want to so that you can post updates on the internet that nobody praises you for'.

This time, i feel i've got a great idea, because it can go so far, beyond just this IPL with Deccan, i can move on to other domestic cricket and eventually international cricket. Cricket Coach is a lot better than C07 for me, i love statistics and everything like that, whereas C07 is actually a 'game', whereas Cricket Coach is more of a management game, which i love, because you can tweak things here and there, like Football Manager, and have loads of fun using it.

I hope that this has cleared some things up, and I hope that you'll be reading and commenting on this story for a long time.

Hmmm :sarcasm

harrisb

International Coach
if you want to get a member of staff to close the thread for you, and if you want to shut my other one as well before it's got going, then go for it.

at the moment, there are members with two stories going at the same time. this one is on hold, i needed something to put it on hold with, but it will be back, so please don't think that i'm ending this story. it's just on hold for a bit, and also, why does a story attract so much attention when it is announced that the story is on hold, but during the time of it being written and updated, it doesn't attract many members to it??

i can easily continue this, because i'm using cricket coach, and i can just go to another job.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
We all have the same problem with replies, especially us non-Indian members. Still, you should seriously try writing 20 updates for a new story to make sure you enjoy it and are into it before making it public. That way you always have updates in hand and can continue to stay ahead. Just advice, take it or leave it, but as someone who used to do this all the time understand that what I am saying is true. The forum has really gone downhill the past year because of the lack of long standing stories.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Right treva. Ending the story for no reply thing isn't happening for me really. The thing is that you should enjoy your story. I'm really missing when I used to do my story as I enjoyed it. Personal issues have made me put it on hold right now. I'm hoping I'll get back into it. Harris, I think this story really had the potential and you can keep going with it. I've seen you have started many English stories in the past but you could never get it past say 4-5 pages. So what is the point in starting a new story everytime?

harrisb

International Coach
We all have the same problem with replies, especially us non-Indian members. Still, you should seriously try writing 20 updates for a new story to make sure you enjoy it and are into it before making it public. That way you always have updates in hand and can continue to stay ahead. Just advice, take it or leave it, but as someone who used to do this all the time understand that what I am saying is true. The forum has really gone downhill the past year because of the lack of long standing stories.

Right treva. Ending the story for no reply thing isn't happening for me really. The thing is that you should enjoy your story. I'm really missing when I used to do my story as I enjoyed it. Personal issues have made me put it on hold right now. I'm hoping I'll get back into it. Harris, I think this story really had the potential and you can keep going with it. I've seen you have started many English stories in the past but you could never get it past say 4-5 pages. So what is the point in starting a new story everytime?

i'm not ending the story, just ending the IPL part.
On Cricket Coach '09, you can go from one job to another, it's like FM, but for cricket.
I hope that you'll be ok with the fact that i'm going to be doing two stories from now on.

This one will continue to be done using Cricket Coach, the other England one, will be simmed in Cricksim and PCCS.

Thanks.

harrisb added 7 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Out Of A Job

Due to the recent events in India, I find myself out of a job, and I'm already looking for a new one. However, the chances of finding another job managing a cricket team are tough, and i'm sure that whatever job i do find, it will most probably be a long way from the top. Most of the test playing nations have superb coaches, and their job's are safe, so for me to come in with not much experience isn't going to work. Hopefully, that's where I'll be one day.

I've been contacted by a few nations, and been told that they'll be watching me in the future, they said that in the time I spent at Deccan, i proved that i could control a team with many outstanding players, and a few big egos. I think that my next job could be with a team in the northern-hemisphere, be it a country or country, but i doubt that i'll be working southern-hemisphere yet, due to the timing of this. Also, working away from home comes with enormous strain, being away from friends and family is very hard, so i'd prefer a job somewhere closer to home.

I'll keep you posted on where I stand in terms of finding a new job as the time passes.

Users who are viewing this thread