Dropping catches even if it is correct

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Hi all. Recently I am getting really frustrated about this bug. Because you know catches win matches right? So this is how you catch right? Bring the analog stick marker to the catching circle and confirm the catches with A or X button. I did that too. But he drops the catch. It happens sometimes and sometimes it does not happen.
What can I do? Am I doing something wrong?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I had a similar problem early on of thinking why am I not getting these catches. It was pointed out to me there's also a green circle that indicates when to catch. I think that's it, it's been a good while since I used manual fielding.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm guessing their fielding skills come into effect as well maybe?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would assume that fielding skills are relevant in how quick they close or the size of the circles. There is a perk to increase the size of catching targets.
I think that's bugged. The few times I've had caught and bowled opportunities, Full reflex catching and catching, sometimes the analog L/ or right starts off screen, way off screen lol. And the shots aren't hit hard either.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think that's bugged. The few times I've had caught and bowled opportunities, Full reflex catching and catching, sometimes the analog L/ or right starts off screen, way off screen lol. And the shots aren't hit hard either.
Yeh I've had that. I wonder if it's the game making catches difficult - making you move the circle a long way - but it moves it so far it goes off screen.

I don't dislike the catching mini-game but it feels a case of good idea but the implementation just doesn't hit the mark.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Analog stick going off screen is not much of a problem. The most frustrating problem is that I am not able to catch even after I bring it into the catching circle...:(

SJP2005

School Cricketer
Hi all. Recently I am getting really frustrated about this bug. Because you know catches win matches right? So this is how you catch right? Bring the analog stick marker to the catching circle and confirm the catches with A or X button. I did that too. But he drops the catch. It happens sometimes and sometimes it does not happen.
What can I do? Am I doing something wrong?
I believe it also depends on their stamina - if they are low on stamina more likely to drop it

Users who are viewing this thread