EA Cricket 2005 - 8/10

Vijayakrishna

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi All

EA Cricket 2005 is pretty good. Even I hate EA for what they did with soccer. I love PES4/WE8 thousand times better than FIFA 2005. But, you know, I would say this is the best cricket game ever. But this does not mean there are no bugs at all. Cricket 2005 does have bugs but despite that the game is really enjoyable with good graphics and decent gameplay.

Some say that the controls are difficult. I feel you should never comment on the controls within just a week of having got this game. My batting has certainly improved with time and my bowling is top class now. You should practice more and it is fun to practice in a match in Cricket 2005. I was really surprised with the player updates in the teams. The team lists are really up-to-date.

I heard that BLIC does not leave the front foot/back foot option to us. With the option of choosing front foot or back foot, this really opens up twice the number of shot possibilities in EA than in BLIC, including edges, pop-up, top-edges, leading-edges and bruises on the rib.

Talking about AI hitting sixes of all yorkers, I dont think all yorkers go for sixes. I had the AI bowled and LBW as well. Even otherwise, in a way this is good, because you will be tempted to bowl 6 yorkers in an over and with lucid control for bowling it is possible. You should choose when to bowl a yorker. Look for the special deliveries and bowl yorkers and bouncers only when you see those, it will make things effective.

I can share tips with you to make this game's experience much better. To start with, dont try to score a boundary in the first couple of overs itself. Take your time, play defensive shots. Use all shots in the book. The late cut off the back foot has been a very effective shot for me. Dont go for a power-sweep, just do a normal sweep. And before you sweep, move the batsman around so that your sweep will go finer. To play piercing shots off the offside, move behind and give yourself enough room to free the arms. use your left thumbstick to the best effect to hit your shots towards the gaps. And when you run, dont forget to slide with "Right Trigger".

Also, try playing against a human opponent or play along with a human player against AI. This is really good fun and you'll wonder with the amount of time you spend in the tactics and planning.

The only serious bug I can think of is that you cant save a game in Xbox version.

I'm very happy that EA has made a good cricket sim instead of an arcade. True cricket lovers would like sims more than arcade-style game and also complications and difficulties in controls are welcome. After all we are gamers! The bottomline is, this is a game really worth buying. I'm enjoying this game thoroughly. Even if BLIC is better, I wouldnt regret for having bought this game. I would give EA Cricket 2005 a solid 8 out of 10 points.

sam p

School Cricketer
I agree.

I think they took a bit of a risk making a cricket sim as opposed to an arcade game because it could scare a lot of people off who won't have the patience to play the game properly. Cricket is a slow, tactical game and EA's game plays with a realistic tempo. I also enjoy the fact that you have to learn how to play it, you need to learn when to play which shot when, pick off the bad balls, etc. It makes it much more satisyfying, rather than just pick and a joypad and start scoring 6's off any delivery without any skill....you soon get bored.

It's got it's problems but it's definitely the best cricket game going.

sonic

Club Cricketer
Vijayakrishna said:
The only serious bug I can think of is that you cant save a game in Xbox version.

well i was going to buy the xbox version...not now...what a glaring omission.

Cowburn199

International Coach
Vijayakrishna said:
Hi All

EA Cricket 2005 is pretty good. Even I hate EA for what they did with soccer. I love PES4/WE8 thousand times better than FIFA 2005. But, you know, I would say this is the best cricket game ever. But this does not mean there are no bugs at all. Cricket 2005 does have bugs but despite that the game is really enjoyable with good graphics and decent gameplay.

Some say that the controls are difficult. I feel you should never comment on the controls within just a week of having got this game. My batting has certainly improved with time and my bowling is top class now. You should practice more and it is fun to practice in a match in Cricket 2005. I was really surprised with the player updates in the teams. The team lists are really up-to-date.

I heard that BLIC does not leave the front foot/back foot option to us. With the option of choosing front foot or back foot, this really opens up twice the number of shot possibilities in EA than in BLIC, including edges, pop-up, top-edges, leading-edges and bruises on the rib.

Talking about AI hitting sixes of all yorkers, I dont think all yorkers go for sixes. I had the AI bowled and LBW as well. Even otherwise, in a way this is good, because you will be tempted to bowl 6 yorkers in an over and with lucid control for bowling it is possible. You should choose when to bowl a yorker. Look for the special deliveries and bowl yorkers and bouncers only when you see those, it will make things effective.

I can share tips with you to make this game's experience much better. To start with, dont try to score a boundary in the first couple of overs itself. Take your time, play defensive shots. Use all shots in the book. The late cut off the back foot has been a very effective shot for me. Dont go for a power-sweep, just do a normal sweep. And before you sweep, move the batsman around so that your sweep will go finer. To play piercing shots off the offside, move behind and give yourself enough room to free the arms. use your left thumbstick to the best effect to hit your shots towards the gaps. And when you run, dont forget to slide with "Right Trigger".

Also, try playing against a human opponent or play along with a human player against AI. This is really good fun and you'll wonder with the amount of time you spend in the tactics and planning.

I'm very happy that EA has made a good cricket sim instead of an arcade. True cricket lovers would like sims more than arcade-style game and also complications and difficulties in controls are welcome. After all we are gamers! The bottomline is, this is a game really worth buying. I'm enjoying this game thoroughly. Even if BLIC is better, I wouldnt regret for having bought this game. I would give EA Cricket 2005 a solid 8 out of 10 points.
10/10 for me :D

Cowburn199

International Coach
sonic said:
well i was going to buy the xbox version...not now...what a glaring omission.
I know its unbelievable that you cant save it on the xbox..luckily i bought it on the pc :D

hardeepdewal

School Cricketer
ive got blic 05 and very happy with it. buying this game the other day, i was suprised how addictive it is with all its features. i still think blic is better but cricket 2005 is good. 6.5 out of 10

madmattg

International Cricketer
OK EA 2005 vs Brian Laras ( aka Ricky Pontings ) International Cricket 2005.

Who has tried the new International cricket?

Users who are viewing this thread