EA Cricket 2005 - 8/10

edoherty

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I in Austalia and i am dissappointed with te gameplay, can anyone give me any tips on how to pierce the leg side field ???

Who is looking foward to AFL Pemiership 2005 ???

madmattg

International Cricketer
AFL 2005 is only a reharsh of 2004 no new stuff, so I have heard as the games company creating previous AFl version has been taken over. The new company announced it would not be improving or changing the previous title.

Dont know how true this is.

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
edoherty said:
I in Austalia and i am dissappointed with te gameplay, can anyone give me any tips on how to pierce the leg side field ???

Who is looking foward to AFL Pemiership 2005 ???
Get tutsi 1.2 patch

With tutsi 1.2 patch i would rate Cricekt 2005 - 7/10

philt

School Cricketer
I would go for a 7/10 and thank EA for not making an arcade type game. BLIC just seems too unrealistic when you've played Cricket 2005 for a while though I can see why it might appeal to the Playstation generation...

BomberAUS

School Cricketer
I'd only give it a good rating while using a gameplay patch like tutsi's or Eddie's.

tomnut

School Cricketer
The only serious bug I can think of is that you cant save a game in Xbox version.

ok iam planning to buy the XBOX version of cricket 2005 but i have heard you cant save a game as the quote above says but can anyone give me abit more detail about this? like does it mean you cant save it at all or does it just mean you cant save it after one game in a test match?

cheers

tomnut

School Cricketer
ok cheers barmyarmy .

does anyone actually have the XBOX version of cricket 2005? and if you do, do you think the save option is a bad feature for the game or does it not effect you?

cheers ppl

Cricketlover

School Cricketer
u all are mean

u all people are very much mean......................ea has made such a beautiful game and without bugs and u r saying 6 /10..........3/10...THANK GOD that u have cricket 2005 unless think of those that dont have it...........u all are?????????????

raptorclaw

School Cricketer
tomnut said:
ok cheers barmyarmy .

does anyone actually have the XBOX version of cricket 2005? and if you do, do you think the save option is a bad feature for the game or does it not effect you?

cheers ppl
Not many do, most people have it on PS2 or PC. I think EAC is a very good game, although BLIC is easier and, for the casual gamer (in my book, the hypocrite who calls himself a gamer) much more fun. Yeah, whenever you'll play co-op you'll find yourself dredging up all your cricket knowledge and pausing for minutes at a stretch, and longer to berate the other guy for his foolhardiness. Running a little off track here...

Yes, the save option is horrible. You can't save in-game AT ALL, only AFTER you've completed the match and the next fixture is due. This renders Test matches completely unplayable. Still, I'm looking for a patch since my PS2 is far, far away, and if I find one I'll tell you.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
lol

Vijayakrishna said:
Hi All

EA Cricket 2005 is pretty good. Even I hate EA for what they did with soccer. I love PES4/WE8 thousand times better than FIFA 2005. But, you know, I would say this is the best cricket game ever. But this does not mean there are no bugs at all. Cricket 2005 does have bugs but despite that the game is really enjoyable with good graphics and decent gameplay.

Some say that the controls are difficult. I feel you should never comment on the controls within just a week of having got this game. My batting has certainly improved with time and my bowling is top class now. You should practice more and it is fun to practice in a match in Cricket 2005. I was really surprised with the player updates in the teams. The team lists are really up-to-date.

I heard that BLIC does not leave the front foot/back foot option to us. With the option of choosing front foot or back foot, this really opens up twice the number of shot possibilities in EA than in BLIC, including edges, pop-up, top-edges, leading-edges and bruises on the rib.

Talking about AI hitting sixes of all yorkers, I dont think all yorkers go for sixes. I had the AI bowled and LBW as well. Even otherwise, in a way this is good, because you will be tempted to bowl 6 yorkers in an over and with lucid control for bowling it is possible. You should choose when to bowl a yorker. Look for the special deliveries and bowl yorkers and bouncers only when you see those, it will make things effective.

I can share tips with you to make this game's experience much better. To start with, dont try to score a boundary in the first couple of overs itself. Take your time, play defensive shots. Use all shots in the book. The late cut off the back foot has been a very effective shot for me. Dont go for a power-sweep, just do a normal sweep. And before you sweep, move the batsman around so that your sweep will go finer. To play piercing shots off the offside, move behind and give yourself enough room to free the arms. use your left thumbstick to the best effect to hit your shots towards the gaps. And when you run, dont forget to slide with "Right Trigger".

Also, try playing against a human opponent or play along with a human player against AI. This is really good fun and you'll wonder with the amount of time you spend in the tactics and planning.

The only serious bug I can think of is that you cant save a game in Xbox version.

I'm very happy that EA has made a good cricket sim instead of an arcade. True cricket lovers would like sims more than arcade-style game and also complications and difficulties in controls are welcome. After all we are gamers! The bottomline is, this is a game really worth buying. I'm enjoying this game thoroughly. Even if BLIC is better, I wouldnt regret for having bought this game. I would give EA Cricket 2005 a solid 8 out of 10 points.

Dude!!! Ur the BLIC-lover and EA hater on the Blic forums in codemasters!!!! ha! u said that cricket2005 had 26 bugs or sumthing!!! and u said BLIC was the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whats up with u whose side are u on???
U r willow genius on the other forum. U used to be called "VIjayakrishna" but u are trying to satart a new identy here! LOL!!! when u first started ur Willow one, u had a sig sayin: "i used to be called VIjayakrishna"

lol haha!

Hero

Club Captain
We have seem some Blic fans turning to Cricket2005 because that was no so impressive as they were thinking.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
cricket 2005 is a lot better than codies childish attempt at the game. 7/10 for EA in my opinion. But Guys i need help on which AI patch to use. And can u tell me if AI patches reinforce or over write each other. I think they overwrite each other but please help me on this

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread