Edge Discussion/Debate

Ken Tremendous

County Cricketer
You
Are
Welcome

;)
I think we found the culprit as to why everyone else was seeing plenty of edges to keeper/slips and i was seeing boggar all.

What have you got it set for the Ashes series youre currently playing?

One thing though...due to my slight OCD when it comes to the statistics i keep when playing this game (which is a lot, including averages of every player i use, sad i know)...ill need to rebuild my database from scratch due to this change, because, what happened, might not have happened, might it? Im almost confusing myself...we go again.

Massive virtual cheers to you fella - i dont expect to run through sides now nor do i want to, i just want to be rewarded more often than not when i create a genuine chance off the bat - youve done the trick for me here.

Next rounds on me...

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I think we found the culprit as to why everyone else was seeing plenty of edges to keeper/slips and i was seeing boggar all.

What have you got it set for the Ashes series youre currently playing?

One thing though...due to my slight OCD when it comes to the statistics i keep when playing this game (which is a lot, including averages of every player i use, sad i know)...ill need to rebuild my database from scratch due to this change, because, what happened, might not have happened, might it? Im almost confusing myself...we go again.

Massive virtual cheers to you fella - i dont expect to run through sides now nor do i want to, i just want to be rewarded more often than not when i create a genuine chance off the bat - youve done the trick for me here.

Next rounds on me...

Had any more? It’s good to know for sub continent or when creating roads.. where pace of pitch means less edges..

Ken Tremendous

County Cricketer
Had any more? It’s good to know for sub continent or when creating roads.. where pace of pitch means less edges..
True.

Just restarting, same teams, settings, just changed to Autumn and Providence Stadium, won the toss and bowling, will update...

Ken Tremendous

County Cricketer
Just bowled 10 overs, NZ are 33/1, a run out, which is the first time ive had the RR closer to 3 than 4 in such a stretch for a while - whether friction is playing a part who knows.

Ive already seen a few different shots to different areas of the pitch than i had seen before, and had one edge fly just out of the reach of gully, whereas previously they went nowhere near.

Are you on 45 for your current series?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Second over since ive changed it...

Think youve just saved this game for me mate!

@Rumple43 worth considering this info, what with the settings for Aus and Eng both having pitch friction 65 at present...
And this, gents, is why we do testing.

Lovely stuff, will factor it in

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Just bowled 10 overs, NZ are 33/1, a run out, which is the first time ive had the RR closer to 3 than 4 in such a stretch for a while - whether friction is playing a part who knows.

Ive already seen a few different shots to different areas of the pitch than i had seen before, and had one edge fly just out of the reach of gully, whereas previously they went nowhere near.

Are you on 45 for your current series?

No 65 as I’m trying to set up a road! I also found that the lower the ball friction the more Bowleds and LBW’s…

RDB3

Club Cricketer
I'm busy experimenting with a slow dusty pitch. From the above comments it sounds like increasing the pitch friction slider to about 65 will result in less edges. (Will change it to 45 for Dry Hard and Medium Grassy pitches)

Will keep you posted.

travder92

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Any time I get the AI to play a crap shot for an outfield catch my AI teammate drops it cold or it goes right through them.

Users who are viewing this thread