editing help

• Thread starter imported_potter
  • Start date
I

imported_potter

hi again ... sorry that i just kepp asking for help everytime(coz u just provide help everytime i need it ;) )

i wanted to know how do u guyz edit the .pak (names.pak etc) files .. coz im having some problems here ... whenever i try to swap a sound using tom hicks editor (i mean commentory of m . hafeez only) ..it gives me an error that sound cannot be swapped ... file size to big or something like that .. i only get to swap only 1 sound file i.e hafeez2 but when i try to swap hafeez1 ... it gives me the error ... so plz help me out ....and one more thing i wanna know is how can i boost my pace ... i mean like there are patches which can boost the pace of cpu to about 162 km .. i mean the cpu balls at 162 km (fast bowler) so how can i boost human controllers pace .. i tried to hex edit but it only resulting in cpu bowling arround 170 km :lol:

any help would be muchly appreciated
thankx in advance

I

imported_potter

aww thankx for the help ......i'll try it as sonn as it downloads....
i asked one more thing thay is it possible to boost my my (human controllers) bowling pace in the game coz the cpu keeps on bowling at 160+ miles an hour at me .. iwant to bowl at the same pace so that i can get good seam movement with bowlers like mcgrath at reasonable pace ( although i know that i can make it a fast bowler from med.fast but i dont want to change this thing) so plz help me out ..

thankx again for the help

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Unfortunately no-one has figured out how to change the pace that human bowlers bowl at, only the computer bowlers. It may not even be possible.

I

imported_potter

well if there is a file for CPUs configuration ... then there must be a file for USERs configuration ...... if we can find that ...then its possible ..but the question is where is the file ..

and one more thing ... i was just checking the forumn and i found a thread regarding *.bin file editing ... i downloaded the software and openned the file .. but it seems to confuse me that how to edit it .. it seems like its the hex editing ... but looks a bit complicated :unsure: ...now if ya guyz now how to edit then im sure u must've edited that file which makes the keeper and the slips stand further away from the wicjet ... if u have done that then tell me about that coz im trying to find a way to edit it ....

thankx again

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
well if there is a file for CPUs configuration ... then there must be a file for USERs configuration

Not neccersarily. We'd have found it if there was. It is probably encoded in the program.

As for the *.bin editing.... I'd suggest leaving it alone, it's only for the real experts.

I

imported_akeel

he anil you said that the commentary is working

how i am using the tom hicks editor but its not working

what did you do to make it work

plz tell me

waiting for ur reply

I

imported_potter

in the previous posts ..... barmyarmy posted about Goldwave .. i downloaded the software and openned the sound ... then i removed the extra bit of sound in it and saved it .. in this way i was able to reduce the size of the file and it worked for me .... try the software and u'll be able to do it by r own ... im sorry but i cant attach the files coz i just bought a new HD :( .... newayz .. try it out

R

rasi

Instead of trying that, you could download the files from my site www.cricket-grafix.tk in the patches section.

Just download which countries files you want and use any sound-editor to record commentary. The files will fit perfectly, as they are the original files in the game. :D

I

imported_akeel

hey guyz u people r not getting my point

the problem is i have made the changes in the sound but the problem is that the sounds are working in the editor and are saved in the editor but they are not working in the game he just call them the batsmen or the bowler or the wicket keeper.

R

rasi

Open the exe in a hex editor and see if the sound file is names.pak

Just search for names.pak If it shows up then there is no problem with the exe.

Download GAP and open the names.pak to see if the file has been modified.

I

imported_potter

Hi Iniyan !!
can u plz tell me wht is GAP .. and whre can i download it ??

thankx in advance

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The problem here seems to be with yuor ctms. The usual reason for the problem seems to be that somehow the ctm was corrupted when you made up (blank field, too many captains etc) The best solution is to remake the ctm from another base and make sure you are extremely carefull.

Users who are viewing this thread