Tutorial Editing Roster File - UPDATE - edit default fields (sort of)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok, first of all, I want to be clear that this isn’t about hacking the game so you can play an illegal version. To edit what I am about to suggest requires game in the first place and exporting the profile and settings files to usb for editing

NB – this is for Xbox game only – don’t know if same is possible for PS3 version

NB – so far, even though I know what settings to change, I cannot get them to work in game

To rip some text direct from MattW’s keyboard

“If you set up a usb stick as storage on the Xbox and save the game data on there, you can use Xbox 360 USB Storage Explorer (Xplorer) - Xtaf v44 (New) to access the roster files."

Using this utility results in 2 dat files being exported.

USER.DAT
USRSTAT.DAT

From my testing, I believe it’s the USER.DAT file that stores all player attributes. I believe this as I can change settings in USRSTAT.DAT file and nothing happens in game. However my current settings for sound, choice of camera, edited player names etc remain unaffected

If you try and change even one value in the USER.DAT file, then all settings revert back to default. I.e. player names, attributes, sound settings etc

So what values do I know about – well you need a hex editor and then open up USER.DAT

The player rosters are listed twice. As far as I can tell, the first set of roster players are the default ones that come with game. It’s the second set of roster files that save your changes that you make using in game player editor. So it’s this roster where licenced and unlicenced players should be changed

Look at word doc I have uploaded and I will get through the values I know about starting with field highlighted (Hex Address 6E442, value ‘01’) then working right then down across the page

‘01’ = Batting Hand (01 = right handed, 00 = left handed)

‘64’ = ‘Batting Judgement’ NB 64 is a hex value. I.e. (6*16) + (4 *1) = 100

‘05’ = ‘Placement Value’

‘64’ = ‘Running speed value’

‘64’ = ‘Strength Value’

‘64’ = ‘Timing Value’

‘64’ = ‘Bowling Accuracy’

‘06’ = Bowling Action
• 00 = Steyn bowling action
• 01 = Anderson bowling action
• 02 = Flintoff bowling action
• 05 = Collingwood bowling action
• 06 = Rashid bowling action
• 08 = Swann bowling action
• 09 = Vettori bowling action

‘00’ (4 spaces to right of last value) = Bowling Arm
• 00 = right handed
• 01 = left handed

’10’ = Bowling Cut value

‘3C’ = Inswing Value

‘45’ = Outswing Value

‘49’ = Pace Value

‘02’ = Bowling Style
• 00 = Fast
• 01 = Fast medium
• 02 = Leg spinner
• 03 = Medium
• 04 = Medium Fast
• 05 = Off Spinner

Next 10 values are to do with DOB. Onto next value after that

‘01’ = Ethnicity
• 00 = Black
• 01 = Asian
• 02 = White

‘42’ = Outfield Catching Value

‘42’ = Reflex Catching Value

‘53’ = Running speed value

‘05’ = Throwing accuracy value

‘53’ = Throwing distance value

There are some other obvious values for kit but I concentrated on the above

That’s the good news.

Bad news is that cannot get changes to be reflected in game. I exported working USER.DAT file to USB, then made one attribute change using in game editor and exported that USER.DAT file to USB also

Then did a text compare and found about 3 sections, as well as actual player attribute were changed. A header section then 2 other sections down list. I am assuming you have to know how to change these values correctly to ensure changes are made in game but at present I don’t know how

I also understand that even if I posted my USER.DAT and USRSTAT.DAT files they cannot be used on another 360 profile. If someone finds a way round that I will post mine

There you go then – will sticky thread for a while, but unless someone makes headway in next few weeks this thread will die a slow death down the forum pages

Attachments

• sachin.doc
    115 KB · Views: 245

finn2shoaib

Banned
hi i was wandering if u hav got any further on dis and if you have been able to edit bat etc and if so is it available for ps3 (does it work) also do you have the link because I dont have microsoft word

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I have no idea about PS3 I am afraid (I have 360) but I am still investigating further about getting changes to 360 version to work in game - probably not possible but won't know for sure yet

here is file in PDF version if interested

Attachments

• sachin.pdf
    63.1 KB · Views: 124

timchrist984

Club Captain
Please note that I have basically no hex editing knowledge.

I opened up my ps3 dat file then I went the hex adress you mentioned, but didn't see sachin's kit details that I saw in the screenshot. I entered in the values that you had entered in in the screenshot and sachin's kit details started to appear.

Is this what is meant to happen or does the kit info appear to start off with on the xbox version?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Mmm looks like file sizes are different in the 360 and PS3 versions then

All the info I was editing comes after the kit details so this is what you need to look at

However I have an update which I will explain in more detail shortly, but for 360 users, it is possible to make changes via hex editing and get changes to work in game!

This includes licenced players stats as well as changing bowling actions for any players etc.

Currently trying to work out best way to share the User Settings so any 360 user can use mods made by any person but this is all work in progress

If PS3 is like 360 version, then the player roster is actually stored inside a container file (Called savegame.txt) and you have to make changes to savegame.txt (same data as in my screenshot) and then rehash and resign file so that 360 thinks save file has been modified by game and not externally

So changes made to your PS3 user.dat file may/may not work

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
It is now possible to edit player rosters for IC10 360 version for licenced as well as unlicenced players. In post one of this topic I explained how to hex edit the user.dat file; in this post I will explain exactly the steps you need to follow to edit rosters and get them to work in game. I will also explain how to share rosters with other users

NB ? this file editing is intended for offline use only. Do not attempt to use modified rosters for online play and if you do so, it?s at your own risk. Planetcricket cannot be held responsible for any member attempting to use a modified roster for online play.

These are the steps you need to follow to modify the roster

1. Download Modio from GameTuts - Download Modio

2. Save your User Settings and Profile file for IC10 to your USB drive (needs to be formatted for Xbox 360 use). Keep your current settings on your hard drive and use the USB drive for modified rosters created by yourself/from other people

3. Run Modio. Click on ?Open from a device?

4. You need to then select your 360 profile detected from the USB drive (it will be all numbers and letters)

5. Then select your game; ?Int?l Cricket 2010?

6. Then select your gamesave: ?USER.DAT?

7. You are then presented with a screen that shows the currently loaded file with information on Profile and Device ID from your Xbox 360

8. At top of this screen click on ?File Contents? tab

9. Here you will see 2 files. Savegame.txt and summary.dat. Savegame.txt is the roster file

10. Right click on savegame.txt and select ?Extract File?. Save file to your pc

11. Then using a hex editor load the savegame.txt file you have just extracted by using Modio in step 10

12. Make changes to roster as per my instructions in post one of this topic. Save changes

13. Go back to Modio screen (back in point 10)

14. Right click on Savegame.txt and select ?Replace file?. Select your savegame.txt file that you have just edited in point 12

15. Click on ?General File Info? tab at top of screen

16. Click on ?Rehash and Resign? button at bottom of form. NB ? this is most important step in whole process

17. Click on ?Save to Device? at top of screen

18. Select your 360 Profile you wish to save file to. Your User settings file on USB drive has now been updated with changes made to roster

19. Put USB drive into 360. Load IC10

20. When at Select screen at start of game, you will asked which device to load settings from. Select your USB Drive

21. If roster file has been hex edited correctly and steps above followed correctly, your changes will now be seen in game

Sharing Rosters with other users.

To share a roster you only need to share the savegame.txt file. Follow above steps up to point 11. Then upload this file to Planetcricket (like I have in this post)

The end user just needs to download savegame.txt file to their computer. Follow steps above from points 1-9. Then skips points 10-13 and continue from point 14. Here is where you replace your current roster on USB drive with new roster from savegame.txt

Miscellaneous
You can give players any points from 5 -100 for all categories for fielding, bowling and batting.
When using normal ingame editor, you might see points available to distribute as -150 (for example) but this doesn?t stop game from working with your modified stats

Sample Roster
I attach a roster I have been using for people to try. Features are

? All names updated and most squads updated

? All players now use licenced bats and gloves (not correct for each player but licenced nonetheless

? I always play as England so all other teams (except Australia in this roster) have had their batting and bowling stats enhanced (well stats that matter anyway). This is to make T20, ODI and Tests more challenging

? Fielding stats for most players altered, most importantly throwing accuracy reduced to 5 to increase chances of overthrows

? Some bowlers had their actions changed. 2 that come to mind is that Lee and Johnson for Australia now have the slingy action

? In custom players Steve Davies is included for England. However he is already in game so replace him

? I am in custom players (With a very good player likeness, lol) so suggest you remove me from game also

No idea if anyone interested in this, but if you are I will try and answer any questions here. Enjoy!

Attachments

• savegame.txt
    2.5 MB · Views: 315

thedilscoopr

Banned
I was wandering because I am only interested in being able to change the kits and bats. Is this possible

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I was wandering because I am only interested in being able to change the kits and bats. Is this possible

Yes each player in roster has section for gloves and bats used (reference to two bats for each player, 1st reference is to bat used for ODI, second reference is to bat used for tests

Great news, I wish I had an XBox right now! Does modio work for the ps3 file as well?
I don't think so. However as you seem to be able to hex edit the user.dat file directly with no 3rdparty software and there is no problem with sharing PS3 files perhaps you can simply hex edit the values and see if works in game?

timchrist984

Club Captain
Can you please tell me the hex location that the roster starts at please? Also, is it possible for an editor to created?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Well perhaps to save some time, send me a user.dat file I can alter. I will alter Johnson to have a slingy action - will then send back for you to try in game? If this works then it will be worth you spending some time on it

as for an editor, there 'might' be a simple one released in September - that's up to other people as it's beyond my capabilities

Users who are viewing this thread