Editor for Cricket Captain 2020 (Release)

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Would it be possible to update the editor but co.pletely remove the ability to alter batting or bowling ability?

I only use it to change regen date of births and batting/bowling hand so that they resemble real academy players.

The reported cases of online cheating did not involve ability editing.

@weetabixharry are you planning to update the editor to 20.12 version? If not, I think at least a squad and team editor maybe nice to have.

The reported cases of online cheating involved the squad editor.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
How do you roll back the version then to 20.11? I've never played the game online but I only downloaded the game after the editor was available.

There is information available online if you google it. Let's just say I don't recommend this route. It's not officially supported, quite complicated to do and can leave your Steam in a broken state.

carloliver

School Cricketer
does this still excist? click the links below and just get an error message

This is the release thread for the Cricket Captain 2020 Editor. This Editor is also fully integrated into the Cricket Captain 2020 Scout.

Please use this thread to download the latest version of the Editor and to report any issues.

WARNING! This is the first editor release for CC 2020. I haven't had any issues, but please back up your savegame if you don't want to risk corrupting it.

Screenshots:

View attachment 234172 View attachment 234173 View attachment 234174

Quick Tips:
  1. Run Cricket Captain 2020.09 and load an Easy difficulty career mode game, or a Tournament game.
  2. Run the editor.
  3. Only "Load" or "Apply" the Player Editor while viewing that player in-game.
  4. Only "Add Coach + Physio" while viewing the Coaching screen in-game.
  5. It should be safe to "Load Budget", "Save Budget" and set "100% Squad Fitness" from just about any screen in the game.
  6. If you change a player's role (batsman, bowler, all-rounder, keeper, opener, etc.) then always exit their profile in-game, then exit the next screen (so the correct team order is regenerated) before editing any other player.
  7. I haven't had any issues, but there is always a chance the editor could corrupt your savegame. Back it up if you don't want to risk losing it.
Please check the following FAQ before asking a question. I will update the FAQ with any new questions.

FAQ (PLEASE READ)
:
  • Q: Can I use this editor to cheat online?
  • A: No. The editor is not compatible with any game modes eligible for online play. If you try to use the editor in Normal difficulty career mode, then it will crash. It will definitely not work correctly and could corrupt your game. Also, this is a very simple memory editor, so if it did work in multiplayer then it would be easily detected by Steam and your account would be banned.
  • Q: Can I edit player ability?
  • A: Yes. You can offset by a specified +/- percentage, or randomize player ability (within specified limits). However, you cannot view ability or potential ability. (This limitation is requested by the game's developers).
  • Q: Does the editor run on Mac, Linux or mobile devices?
  • A: No. I have tested it in Windows 7 and 10. If there is high demand, then I could look into porting to other platforms.
  • Q: Where is the download link?
  • A: Click on a version name in the table below.
  • Q: How did you write this editor?
  • A: The original version was written (in C#) by Fe98 more than a decade ago, based on a huge community effort to reverse-engineer earlier versions of the game. They deserve most of the credit. I have just updated and added features.
  • Q: Is the editor finished?
  • A: No. There are a lot of features that I am still working on. Please feel free to suggest anything else you would like to see in the editor.
Downloads:

Version | Date | Description
2020.07-01 | 06/07/2020 | First public release. 2020.07-02 | 06/07/2020 | Fixed unknown contracts. Thanks @ahmedleo414. 2020.08-01 | 08/07/2020 | Update for patch 20.08. 2020.08-02 | 12/07/2020 | Added ability/potential offset %. 2020.08-03 | 18/07/2020 | Integrated Selection Editor. 2020.08-04 | 18/07/2020 | Added support for demo. 2020.09-01 | 19/07/2020 | Update for patch 20.09. Integrated Squad Editor. 2020.10-01 | 06/08/2020 | Update for patch 20.10. Added several missing nationalities. 2020.10-02 | 10/08/2020 | Fixed Squad Editor. Added player appearance. 2020.11-01|20/08/2020|Update for patch 20.11.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
After some discussion with the Cricket Captain developers, the editor is being made available again. It sounds like they're working very hard to improve protection against online cheats and it now appears to be safe to upload the latest editor.

So, this thread has been re-opened for any feedback. Please find the latest editor here: 2020.14-01.

The Scout thread will be updated within a few minutes.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Will the editor work with the normal mode or is that still locked out?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
After some discussion with the Cricket Captain developers, the editor is being made available again. It sounds like they're working very hard to improve protection against online cheats and it now appears to be safe to upload the latest editor.

So, this thread has been re-opened for any feedback. Please find the latest editor here: 2020.14-01.

You are talking like this game is as popular as overwatch was in its prime :D and is enlisted for Esports competition.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India

Is there a Mac version for the editor?

Users who are viewing this thread