Editor for Cricket Captain 2021 (Release)

Andyut

School Cricketer
This is the release thread for the Cricket Captain 2021 Editor. This Editor is also fully integrated into the Cricket Captain 2021 Scout.

Please use this thread to download the latest version of the Editor and to report any issues.

WARNING! This is the first editor release for Cricket Captain 2021. It may be unstable. Please back up your savegame if you don't want to risk corrupting it.

Screenshots
:

View attachment 252417 View attachment 252418 View attachment 252419

Quick Tips:
  1. Run Cricket Captain 2021.01 and load an Easy difficulty career mode game, or a Tournament game.
  2. Run the editor.
  3. Only "Load" or "Apply" the Player Editor while viewing that player in-game.
  4. Only "Add Coach + Physio" while viewing the Coaching screen in-game.
  5. It should be safe to "Load Budget", "Save Budget" and set "100% Squad Fitness" from just about any screen in the game.
  6. If you change a player's role (batsman, bowler, all-rounder, keeper, opener, etc.) then always exit their profile in-game, then exit the next screen (so the correct team order is regenerated) before editing any other player.
  7. Selection Editor: Only use this tool in the match start screen (just before the coin toss).
  8. Squad Editor: Only use this tool when viewing the international squad you want to edit. Clicking "Load Players" launches the Scout, which allows you to filter a list of players to consider for selection. When you close the scout, the filtered player list will be copied back into the Squad Editor.
  9. I haven't had any issues, but there is always a chance the editor could corrupt your savegame. Back it up if you don't want to risk losing it.
Please check the following FAQ before asking a question. I will update the FAQ with any new questions.

FAQ (PLEASE READ):
  • Q: Can I have the editor for a previous patch of Cricket Captain 2021?
  • A: No. There are editors for previous products (e.g. CC2018, CC2019 and CC2020), but you should always update your game to the latest patch to use the editor.
  • Q: Can I use this editor to cheat online?
  • A: No. The editor is not compatible with any game modes eligible for online play. At best, the Editor will crash if you try to edit a Normal mode game (and is likely to corrupt your savegame). The editor is a very simple memory editor that is easily detectable by Steam. If you try to edit online games, you will be banned. You have been warned - I am not responsible for any bans.
  • Q: Can I edit player ability?
  • A: Yes. You can offset by a specified +/- percentage, or randomize player ability (within specified limits). However, you cannot view ability or potential ability. (This limitation is requested by the game's developers).
  • Q: Does the editor run on Mac, Linux or mobile devices?
  • A: No. I have tested it in Windows 7 and 10. If there is high demand, then I could look into porting to other platforms.
  • Q: Where is the download link?
  • A: Click on the version name in the table below.
  • Q: How did you write this editor?
  • A: The original version was written (in C#) by Fe98 more than a decade ago, based on a huge community effort to reverse-engineer earlier versions of the game. They deserve most of the credit. I have just updated and added features.
  • Q: Is the editor finished?
  • A: No. There are a lot of features that I am still working on. Please feel free to suggest anything else you would like to see in the editor.
Downloads:

VersionDateDescription
2021.00-0103/07/2021First editor for Cricket Captain 2021 (beta release).
2021.00-0213/07/2021Update for full commercial release.
2021.00-0314/07/2021Bug fixes due to memory misalignment in player data record.
2021.00-0415/07/2021Fix bug in Scout (also affecting Selection Editor and Squad Editor).
2021.00-0517/07/2021Update for latest hotfix.
2021.00-0620/07/2021Update for hotfix 5. Fixed batting stats. Incorporated new Scout loading mechanism.
2021.01-0131/07/2021Fixed bug in Scout player loading after 1st season.
2021.03-0106/11/2021Update for v21.03 and fix support for demo.
2021.03-0201/01/2022Integrate Coaching Editor and other minor updates.
2021.03-0329/01/2022Integrate Scout version 2021.03-02.
2021.04-0105/02/2022Update for v21.04 including support for demo.
This looks awesome. Is it only available for Windows or is there an iOS equivalent?

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@weetabixharry
Hi, Is there any way you can increase the number of overseas players in domestic leagues?
It depends what you mean. I don't know how to change the league rules directly. But in CC2018, for example, I gave the option to make all players in the game appear to have a specified nationality. So, for example, if you were playing in the English domestic league, you could make all players appear to be English. That would allow you to sign as many overseas players as you want, and select as many as you want in your teams. However, you would need to switch the option on when you need it (e.g. to sign new players, and to proceed to matches), but then switch it off again afterwards (so the overseas players could be selected by their countries, etc).

If you just want to increase the number of overseas players in the matches that you play, then something like the Selection Editor could do that. That allows you to select any players in the world to play in the match (not just players in your squad).
Post automatically merged:

@weetabixharry I am getting an error when trying to use the auto coaching feature. See the attached screenshot
@ahmedleo414 I have not been able to reproduce this error. Is it happening consistently for you?

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hi @weetabixharry just wanted to clarify if there was any attributes for bowlers with regard to the economy rate (or aggression).
@Prashanth S Kharche Cricket Captain has various training options for aggressive and defensive bowling, so these attributes must exist.

I think I may have found the attributes for "bowling aggression" and "one day bowling aggression" (which are affected by the training sessions), but I have never tested them. I don't have any time to work on this at the moment, but it's one of the things I have planned for the future, along with wicket-keeping attributes and fielding attributes.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
@ahmedleo414 I have not been able to reproduce this error. Is it happening consistently for you?
yup, it's still happening. I tried with an England county save and same thing. I'm on Windows 11, if that makes a difference

here is the whole error code if you need it.

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.
   at System.DateTime.DateToTicks(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day)
   at CricketCaptain2021Tools.Functions.GetInGameDate(ProcessMemoryReader& pRd)
   at CricketCaptain2021Tools.CoachingEditorForm.a(Boolean A_0)
   at CricketCaptain2021Tools.CoachingEditorForm.b(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4470.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
CricketCaptain2021Editor
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/ahmed/OneDrive/Desktop/CricketCaptain2021Editor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4488.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4488.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4395.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4470.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4161.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England

Adnanleft

School Cricketer
@weetabixharry I can't seem to run the editor in a tournament game, there's no difficulty restrictions on it anyway. It's working fine on the 2020 version, not so much on 2021.

muzzys

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Would it be possible to know when the editor for CC 2022 will be released?

Users who are viewing this thread