Editor for Cricket Captain 2021 (Release)

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
With this editor we can edit just players only .
There is also the Club Editor section (which allows you to edit club budgets and coaching/physio sessions). And the Squad Editor tool allows you to change which players are in each squad. And the Selection Editor tool allows you to change your opponent's team selection.
Can you make a editor so we can add more clubs in domestic team leagues and also including adding more matches for each team? I plays a newzealand domestic league which only have 8 teams and 6 matches and doesnot even have any division so can we hope for a club editor from you in future?
What you are describing is not a club editor, but a competition editor. Can I make one? Well, I don't need to because one has already been made. What you need is the Fixture Editor. It hasn't been updated for several years, but the source code is available at that link. If you're interested, then I suggest reading through the posts at that link and see if you can help with updating it for 2021.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@weetabixharry There seems to be a problem when trying to edit Tom Latham. Whenever one tries to change his batting order, it reverts back to opening across all formats.
Thanks for letting me know. I am currently on holiday and don't have access to the Editor source code, so I will look into this in 10 days - 2 weeks.

mugsy

School Cricketer
Hi weetabixharry, thanks so much for putting the editor together.

I've tried to use different editors in the past but I could never get them to work. Yours seem like a solid one but I am yet to try it out. I just want to clarify a couple of things before I buy CC21 and try to use this editor.

My friends and I regularly play cricket drafts i.e. picking teams on a turn by turn basis. If we create teams such as the ones shown below;

1. Are we able to use the editor to customise squads so I can play a match between these 2 sides? I saw you mention a squad editor, is that a part of this editor?
  2. If I create such a team am I able to save it in the game and re-use it?
  3. If it is possible to create them can you give me a 101 on how that is done via the editor?

Typically we end up with about 8 teams like the ones below and I would like to play a tournament between each of these teams. I am happy to sim each game by itself if we cannot create a tournament but ideally, these squads can be saved so they can be reused for multiple games.

Thank you so much for all your work so far :)

Team 1
Len Hutton
Sanath Jayasuriya
Ricky Ponting
Vivian Richards
AB de Villiers
Keith Miller
Prasanna Jayawardene
Pat Cummins
Rangana Herath
Andy Roberts
Glenn McGrath

Team 2
Matthew Hayden
Marcus Trescothick
Rahul Dravid
Don Bradman
Zaheer Abbas
Imran Khan
Rodney Marsh
Fred Trueman
Muttiah Muralitharan
Joel Garner
Courtney Walsh

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hi weetabixharry, thanks so much for putting the editor together.

I've tried to use different editors in the past but I could never get them to work. Yours seem like a solid one but I am yet to try it out. I just want to clarify a couple of things before I buy CC21 and try to use this editor.

My friends and I regularly play cricket drafts i.e. picking teams on a turn by turn basis. If we create teams such as the ones shown below;

1. Are we able to use the editor to customise squads so I can play a match between these 2 sides? I saw you mention a squad editor, is that a part of this editor?
  2. If I create such a team am I able to save it in the game and re-use it?
  3. If it is possible to create them can you give me a 101 on how that is done via the editor?

Typically we end up with about 8 teams like the ones below and I would like to play a tournament between each of these teams. I am happy to sim each game by itself if we cannot create a tournament but ideally, these squads can be saved so they can be reused for multiple games.

Thank you so much for all your work so far :)

Team 1
Len Hutton
Sanath Jayasuriya
Ricky Ponting
Vivian Richards
AB de Villiers
Keith Miller
Prasanna Jayawardene
Pat Cummins
Rangana Herath
Andy Roberts
Glenn McGrath

Team 2
Matthew Hayden
Marcus Trescothick
Rahul Dravid
Don Bradman
Zaheer Abbas
Imran Khan
Rodney Marsh
Fred Trueman
Muttiah Muralitharan
Joel Garner
Courtney Walsh

A similar topic was discussed recently here. I think the two main initial conclusions from that thread are:
  1. Cricket Captain (without any editor) allows you to select "all time greatest" teams, but only in 1 vs 1 "tournaments". To create multi-team tournaments, I believe it should be possible to use the Squad Editor to edit squads in the multi-team tournament modes ("20 Over World Cup", "One Day World Cup" and "Champions Cup"... unfortunately there are no red-ball options). However, note that you can't choose the number of teams competing in the tournament. To do that, someone would need to revive the Fixture Editor, which has not been updated for ~5 years.
  2. Saving squads for future use is possible in theory, but I need to write a new software tool for that. It should be relatively easy for me to write a tool that works for one version of Cricket Captain, but when Cricket Captain is updated (new patch) it would not be possible to load squads saved with a previous version. It is possible to fix this, but it gets quite complicated and would take some time to develop.

I recommend you download the free Cricket Captain 2020 demo to see if you can do the things you want before buying Cricket Captain 2021. Go to this link, then click on "Download Demo" about half way down the page, on the right hand side:
1630737785566.png

Then download the Cricket Captain 2020 editor using this link:
2020.14-01

The editor should work with the demo, but you may need to manually select "CC 2020 Demo" in the Options -> Game Version menu.

This should allow you to try out the editor before you commit to buying Cricket Captain 2021. There have been some editor improvements in 2021, but the main features are the same as 2020.

Squad Editing:

The squad editor was originally designed for editing international squads. I believe it should work for tournament modes, but there could be some small issues (like I think the text doesn't update in the player's profile to state their new team name). I haven't tested it much, so it would be up to you to try it out and send me feedback so I can fix any issues.

To use the Squad Editor, you must first navigate to that squad's screen in Cricket Captain. (I don't mean your personal squad's selection screen... I mean the general squad lists available for all teams). Depending on the game mode and the squad type (international/domestic), these squad lists are in different places, but should be easy to find.

You should see that squad load up in the Squad Editor (left hand side). You then need to import a list of players to the right hand side (which you can then swap into your squad). To do this import, the Scout is launched, which allows you to set filters to narrow down the list of players. For example, if you only want West Indian players, then you can set a Nationality filter. If you specifically want Len Hutton, then you can set a Name filter.

Once the player(s) you want are displayed in the Scout, just close the Scout and those players will automatically be imported into the Squad Editor (right hand side). Select one player on the left and one player on the right and click the swap button. You can repeat this process until you have all the players you want.

Note that players can only be swapped. They cannot just be added or removed. Therefore, you cannot change your squad size.

If this is not clear, I'll make a short tutorial video.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@mugsy A small clarification: you need to start a new tournament game with any random squads, then edit them all after the new game is started. (You can't currently edit the squads in the normal squad selection stage when creating the game).

Users who are viewing this thread