Editor for Cricket Captain 2021 (Release)

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
Just noticed today while using Cricket Captain 2018 editor , that different players improves at a different rate (i-e reaching their potential) some players never improves no matter what you input in the potential rating and some even loses ability despite high potential and some player improves at a brisk rate surpassing even the potential rating and some players just slowly improves towards their potential, I will be glad if you can manage to find and include the improvement rate factor in the editor.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
Just noticed today while using Cricket Captain 2018 editor , that different players improves at a different rate (i-e reaching their potential) some players never improves no matter what you input in the potential rating and some even loses ability despite high potential and some player improves at a brisk rate surpassing even the potential rating and some players just slowly improves towards their potential, I will be glad if you can manage to find and include the improvement rate factor in the editor.
It's primarily based on age I suppose. The younger the player, the more chances he'll reach his potential. The older the player, he will automatically deteriorate with age. That's the premise of the skill attributes in the game too.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
It's primarily based on age I suppose. The younger the player, the more chances he'll reach his potential. The older the player, he will automatically deteriorate with age. That's the premise of the skill attributes in the game too.
No actually , I setup a team of regen in Pak domestic circuit,(All squad of 18 players all of them having ages between 18-19) , all the batsmen having the batting ability of Flintoff (editor) and potential of Greenridge , all the bowlers having start ability of Imran Khan and potential of Richie Benaud for allrounders the batting ability is again flintoff with potential Greenridge again the bowling ability is Imran Khan and potential Richie Benaud , I sim through couple of seasons.

After simming through 3 seasons , only 3 players have reached their potential attributes out of the 18 , some of them improved a bit , some improved decently and some even have poor atributes then initial attributes , This concludes the rate of development factor is there in the game , it will just great if it can be included in the editor.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
And No , nothing to do with performances either , the best performing batsmen has actually even worse batting skill then his initial skill and one of the 3 players who hit his potential attributes actually was play 2nd team matches only and only played 3 FC and 1 T20 game in those 3 seasons, But yes he performed heavily in 2nd team games.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
And in one another scenario I input the potential of Don Bradman to 10 batters whose initial ratings in early 1000s while playing Pak National Team captain only , and to my suprise after 3 seasons only one batter rating was 3700 something which close to Bradman rating of 4096 while all the others were in between 1000-1900 after 3 years (couple of them actually had worse skill then initial skills even though their potential was 4096) , (I edit their all those 10 batsmen ages to be 20 exactly as well) This definitely proves that there is hidden development factor which accelerates/halt or slowly way the race to hit potential attributes

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
Through my testing I findout that there is super speed development probability assigned to each regen which is about 10-15% chance that a particular regen having super development factor attached to him and that regen reaches his potential in 3 years time no matter what his initial skills or performances are , there could be another development rates which needs to be find out

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
Through my testing I findout that there is super speed development probability assigned to each regen which is about 10-15% chance that a particular regen having super development factor attached to him and that regen reaches his potential in 3 years time no matter what his initial skills or performances are , there could be another development rates which needs to be find out
@weetabixharry If you are interested in my save file , I can attach it here.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
No actually , I setup a team of regen in Pak domestic circuit,(All squad of 18 players all of them having ages between 18-19) , all the batsmen having the batting ability of Flintoff (editor) and potential of Greenridge , all the bowlers having start ability of Imran Khan and potential of Richie Benaud for allrounders the batting ability is again flintoff with potential Greenridge again the bowling ability is Imran Khan and potential Richie Benaud , I sim through couple of seasons.

After simming through 3 seasons , only 3 players have reached their potential attributes out of the 18 , some of them improved a bit , some improved decently and some even have poor atributes then initial attributes , This concludes the rate of development factor is there in the game , it will just great if it can be included in the editor.
I think you are the first person who has ever tried to test this. Your results are interesting, but not surprising.

The problem is that we really have no idea about how the game works. Out of the many thousands of bytes of data that represent each player, we have only guessed 4 attributes: batting ability, bowling ability, batting potential and bowling potential. It is not surprising that different players develop differently - these differences could be encoded somewhere in those unknown thousands of bytes, or randomized, or a mixture of both. We simply don't know.

I have been trying to say since ~2008 that editing these "ability" and/or "potential" attributes is (in my opinion) quite pointless because if you really want to create a specific type of player, then you need to understand all of the attributes, not just these 4. (And we don't even understand these 4 - they are just guesses). As far as I know, the only people who understand these things are the game's developers (and I don't think they currently have any plan to release an editor - and if they did, I don't think it would include any kind of ability editing).

In theory, it should be possible to reverse-engineer the game and discover more attributes to edit, but this needs quite a lot of effort. I have spent many, many hours trying to find attributes related to wicketkeeping ability, fielding ability and bowling aggression, but never found anything. To make any progress, I would need to create new tools and come up with new ideas, and I don't have any time to do this nowadays.

I have never edited ability or potential in my own games and I have never heard of anyone getting good results from it. I just like using the Editor and Scout to view ability/potential as a very rough guide to which players I should sign for my team. (In other words, I recommend viewing these numbers, but not changing them). Unfortunately, the game's developers don't even want these attributes to be viewable, so even that was removed from the Editor and Scout after 2019.

Last edited:

mearl94

School Cricketer
I haven’t bought a CC game for a couple of years, but thinking of buying the new version.

I would absolutely love an editor that can create recurring tournaments.

It would be amazing to resurrect the old Champions League tournament again using an editor. Is this possible?

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I haven’t bought a CC game for a couple of years, but thinking of buying the new version.

I would absolutely love an editor that can create recurring tournaments.

It would be amazing to resurrect the old Champions League tournament again using an editor. Is this possible?
It is very possible in theory, but it would mean properly reviving the Fixture Editor:

I put quite a lot of effort into this last year and basically nobody noticed, so I don't think there is much interest currently. It would need someone with at least minimal programming skills to invest some time to get it running again.

paulskln

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
would it be easy to edit a save to be an all women game. Like is it possible to edit stats for everyone etc ? i realise names can be changed in the game.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
would it be easy to edit a save to be an all women game. Like is it possible to edit stats for everyone etc ? i realise names can be changed in the game.
Unfortunately, we're a long way off being able to do this. We just don't know enough about the internal workings of the game... so this is something that you would need to request from the game's developers.

The closest we could get with the current editor would be to map every male player directly to a female player. (In other words, try to think of which male player is most like each female player you want and switch their names). In theory, we could also edit most of their historical stats. But this would be an absolutely massive effort.

paulskln

School Cricketer
Unfortunately, we're a long way off being able to do this. We just don't know enough about the internal workings of the game... so this is something that you would need to request from the game's developers.

The closest we could get with the current editor would be to map every male player directly to a female player. (In other words, try to think of which male player is most like each female player you want and switch their names). In theory, we could also edit most of their historical stats. But this would be an absolutely massive effort.
Thank you , your reply is what i thought it might be... I will just edit the names in the game to be close to the females .... Love your editor though , amazing work

muzzys

School Cricketer
When is the editor for Cricket Captain 2022 getting released?

Users who are viewing this thread