Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm majoring in it, although I don't really want to be an Accountant. It's more of a back-up if Finance/Stats (my other two majors) don't work.

Good grounding for any job in finance I guess. Give us a shout once you can audit our accounts...

badvintage

International Cricketer
I have dpne Diploma in Financial Accounting and completed my Bacherlors degree with Advanced Accounting. Go ahead if you have any question.

Just wanted to ask how is it?

I have picked my grade 12 courses and this is how it looks;
Economics
Sports and Entertainment Marketing
Accounting
Calculus and Vectors
Advanced Functions
English

Manly

Thor
Just wanted to ask how is it?

I have picked my grade 12 courses and this is how it looks;
Economics
Sports and Entertainment Marketing
Accounting
Calculus and Vectors
Advanced Functions
English

Sports Marketing looks quality. Is it any good?

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jesus, a month left till our infamous XIIth boards and I see a heck lot of people in stress and depression. It's very possible that one of them just loses it and kills him or herself. There's close to nil intellectual and personal development. I don't know when people would snap out of the 'we want a higher standard (read: syllabus) of education, even though it's all crammed. We can't compromise' and start caring about students. It just isn't worth it. All that effort; in the end you only gain a retarded percentage on your report card, nothing else. You lose two/four years of solid personality development; one of the reasons many Indian members here and on facebook etc act like morons.

cerande

Club Captain
Jesus, a month left till our infamous XIIth boards and I see a heck lot of people in stress and depression. It's very possible that one of them just loses it and kills him or herself. There's close to nil intellectual and personal development. I don't know when people would snap out of the 'we want a higher standard (read: syllabus) of education, even though it's all crammed. We can't compromise' and start caring about students. It just isn't worth it. All that effort; in the end you only gain a retarded percentage on your report card, nothing else. You lose two/four years of solid personality development; one of the reasons many Indian members here and on facebook etc act like morons.

Its unfortunate really.Also,don't get me started on those engineering entrances.Any exam that comprises 1,500,000 students is going to be "competitive" all right.
Whats worse is the fact that people waste their precious years preparing for these exams and if you do get into those premier institutions,the cramming continues.We are memorising things here,not learning them.

Btw,your board is CBSE?I gave the 12 CBSE exams last year and those days were the most dreaded days of my life.I pulled allnighters on each of Phy,Chem and Maths exams.

Any ways,Varun,best of Luck,buddy.You might need it!:thumbs.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Yeah, thanks. It's not about me though. I'm probably going to score 90+ in the boards as well as clear IIT MAINS. I'm more concerned about lakhs of people who don't and plunge into depression.

Varun

ICC Board Member

Good lord I have to put up with this now! :lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread