ENDHIRAN/ROBOT The Movie

RPHKR

National Board President
In This Thread we can discuss about the Superstar Rajnikanth's Endhiran:D

RPHKR added 4 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Excellent Movie And very technical Direction,Story and Screenplay.
Have you saw the Movie? Watch Now in Theatres near you:D

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Rather than creating a separate thread for this movie you should have used this thread to discuss about the movie.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Actually you are allowed to make threads for specific movies should you so wish.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
4 more hours to go before I watch this film in theatres. Just now got up, slept at 3pm last night and got up at 8pm. Couldnt sleep properly due to excitement. Rajnikanth is the reason! He should be sued, for giving me insomnia.:laugh

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Its only a film.

Some actors here in India are just so celebrated that their films are not just films. If you see the reaction from the fans for this film in Chennai, you will faint. What Sachin Tendulkar is to cricket, Rajnikanth is to cinema. He is god! People have carried milk pots on their heads, and have bathed life size posters of Rajnikanth with milk in front of the theatres screening the film. Its stupid, but they just love their star so much (I love him a lot, even though I wont resort to stuff like bathing him in milk, etc because he is not God to me)

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
I saw the movie.
Absolutely mind blowing film for action lovers and this movie produced one of the best super villain out there.Story was ok,middle portion of the 2nd half is a bit boring and the song 'Arima' at that stage was completely unnecessary.
Robotic action sequences from V2.0 made me speech less.Aiswarya was stunning and Rajni as V2.0 was fantastic.

My rating 4.5/5 as an action fim lover.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Some actors here in India are just so celebrated that their films are not just films. If you see the reaction from the fans for this film in Chennai, you will faint. What Sachin Tendulkar is to cricket, Rajnikanth is to cinema. He is god! People have carried milk pots on their heads, and have bathed life size posters of Rajnikanth with milk in front of the theatres screening the film. Its stupid, but they just love their star so much (I love him a lot, even though I wont resort to stuff like bathing him in milk, etc because he is not God to me)

Ridiculous.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Did not need a separate thread for this :facepalm

Whether you wish or not wish this was not needed :sarcasm

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Endhiran - My Review

Where do I start? What do I say? Where do I end? Never has writing a review been such a tough job in my life. A film that you have been waiting for so long, a film starring the best actors and some of the best technicians of Indian cinema will always be loaded with expectations that eventually wont be satisfied. Something or the other will be mocked at - the story, screenplay, technicality, etc. But what if the film exceeds expectations and wants you gasping for more? Endhiran - The 'Chitti' Robot is one such film. Anyone who went to the film expecting a masterful story or screenplay probably went expecting the wrong thing. This movie was project from Day one to be a sci-fi extravaganza and all the focus was on how the movie would incorporate the technology and make it look grand and jaw dropping onscreen. And the movie ACHIEVED IT! And how? Here is the review

Story: Simple. A scientist creates a robot for a good cause. But its just a machine that doesnt have the feelings associated with a human being. What if the feelings are programmed into the robot? The side effects of doing such work is what the movie is all about. A simple story that allows ample opportunity for the director to enjoy his ride with incorporating special effects and graphics. For Tamil cinema, its a new attempt as far as story is concerned.

Screenplay: The first half is just very racy with humor sprinkled in good amount. The fight scene in the train is just hair raising. Rajni's performance as Chitti the Robot with its humor is just spell binding. His romance with Aishwarya though stands out like a sore thumb. Was there a need for the romantic scenes to be shown? Rajni for his age seemed very uncomfortable doing those scenes, and I feel Shankar could have avoided those scenes. But the Kadhal Anukkal song was delightful to watch with the locations, Ash's beauty and Rajni's charm. The first half is very gripping and ends on a high.

The second half starts off on decent note where the Robot shows signs of emotions. Though there were some fillers at the initial part of the second half, most of them did not stand out like irritants. The moment the Robot is retrieved and goes into wrong hands, the movie gains momentum rapidly and the villian side of Rajni comes out in full flow and thats when all the fun starts. It all goes like a rocket from then on and at various points, the action is jaw dropping. It becomes a riot, and culminates in a typical Shankar style climax but at the end, you feel the sense of huge satisfaction that here is a movie that starts well and ends well.

Songs: Song visualisations are the most expected part of Shankar films. Almost all songs are picturised lavishly and superbly. One just wonders the amount of effort Shankar puts into every song. Songs that sounded OK while listening to them alone come alive with Shankar's visuals (e.g. Arima Arima). The best songs are ranked in order.

1. Irumbile Oru Irudhaya - Superb dancing by Aishwarya. She is just fantastic in this song. Completely dominated by her
2. Arima Arima - Lavish to the core. 100 Rajni's and Ash. A visual treat!
3. Kilimanjaro - Beautiful location, just awesome. A very colorful song with good steps and sexy looks from Ash. Rajni with his 'Baba' look is also pleasing.
4. Kadhal Anukkal - Again, the location is excellent. Rajni's charm and Ash's gorgeous looks carry the song through
5. Boom Boom Robo Da - A fun song. Not much to write about
6. Pudhiya Manidha - Used for titles, and introduction. Used in bits.

Background Music: Rahman has done a decent job with the BGM's though for his standards, people are bound to feel let down. The second half where all things break loose, the BGM is very noisy to the point where your ear drums face a serious threat. But the 2.0 BGM is very catchy although whether it suited the scene is a different matter. Expect more from Rahman.

Other Cast: Nothing really noteworthy to write about the other cast except Santhanam, Karunas and Danny Denzongpa. Santhanam and Karunas have lesser work to do than some of their other films but are apt for their roles. Danny Denzongpa was a decent cast, but I felt Prakash Raj could have done a better job in that role. Danny reminded me of Suman in various places (especially the way he walks off from Chitti at the conference).

Aishwarya Rai: A heroine who suited an action adventure Tamil film? She made it possible. She was given ample screen time and she just killed people with her looks and beauty. Especially in the 'Irumbile' song, her dancing was fantastic. Though a typical heroine role, the way her role was given importance in the movement of the story is appreciated. Chemistry with Chitti the Robot was awesome because thats where the real Rajni surfaces. Ash proves that "in this world, she is one of the most notable creations" (Rajni's punch in the film).

Rajnikanth: The man! Not being a typical Superstar film, one was a little worried because his different attempts are not as celebrated. But this time, he selects a perfect film where he tries something different and ends up hugely successful. No starry airs, no punch dialogues, no mass entry, but he gets into the role and ends up lifting the product along with himself. His acting as 'Chitti', especially in the second half is truly spectacular. Sir, we need more of your villiany roles please. There were some whistling moments when he mimics a sheep and when he laughs, but on the whole, he underplays himself and gives the film the right amount of input to project itself. Here's wishing he now slips into more character oriented roles and skips the romancing around parts very soon. He clearly is not comfortable anymore doing that. A film where he is the hero and where he has no heroine would be as well received.

Shankar: Dream project, matching up to Hollywood standards. But this guy SIMPLY ROCKED THE SHOW! His imagination just ran wilder and wilder and left us gasping. He interspersed all of it with enough drama, comedy, romance, emotions (near the end), and made it a film that would be liked by all classes. He kept the technical jargon but satisfies the rural audience with the extravagant action and special effects. For the elites, they have the technical explanations to all the madness that goes on and most if it is believable. With more money, Shankar can work bigger wonders. I wonder what would have happened had he done this film with Kamal Haasan who is not bound by the image that a Rajnikanth is trapped with. But Shankar provides ultimate magic with Rajnikanth too who reciprocates Shankar's faith in him and does what is asked of him. Shankar is a dream director for India, and hope he stays with us and makes even bigger films that expand our reputation beyond set boundaries.

Overall: As Rajnikanth said, "Its truly an experience" to watch this film. People came out so contended with the film and its been a long time since a highly hyped and highly anticipated Tamil film (or for that matter Indian film) satisfies the majority of the audience. Minor aberrations aside, this one deserves REPEATED VIEWINGS. Highly recommended for everyone!

Rating: 4.5/5

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
ho ho... That was a great review. You truly are a Big Rajni fan. Seem's like I need to see this movie now :)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
ho ho... That was a great review. You truly are a Big Rajni fan. Seem's like I need to see this movie now :)

But Shankar wins in the end bigger than Rajni. Rajni underplayed himself, and thats where he attracted me more. I wont mind him giving up his styles for a more restrained style of acting and he showed glimpses of that here. This movie is for all those who dont actually like his typical 'seeti bhajo' dialogues, styles, etc.

Not sure how the Hindi dubbing is. I guess you can watch any version and the impact should be almost same. Rajni doesnt dub in Hindi, if you want that, you got to catch the Tamil one. But, WATCH IT!

P

pcfan123

:laugh and I thought TMZ was bad

Users who are viewing this thread