Mon Aug 11 (50 ovs)
09:30 GMT | 10:30 local
04:30 EST5th Match - England Lions v Sri Lanka A
County Ground, New Road, Worcester
Tue Aug 12 (50 ovs)
09:30 GMT | 10:30 local
04:30 EST6th Match - England Lions v New Zealand A
County Ground, New Road, Worcester

Interesting tri-series going on here also, along with the ongoing AUS/S Africa/India A series. Good to see cricket boards playing these sort of series.

With not every country having strong first-class structures to prepare its players for international cricket. More A-team tours could help level the playing field and give selection a better guide as to whether their fringe players could be ready for the highest level.

A team tours by major nations could also be used to judge to readiness of associate nations for potential test status. The team that becomes the 11th test nation can't just be given it on baseless reasons like how Bangladesh got it in 2000.

From an English perspective, some interesting players on the international fringes on display here. Keeping an eye of Willey & Ravi Patel..

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Indeed. Glad to see Henry and to an extent Sodhi bowl well in patches.

Matt Henry is the big gun in this team for mine, I rate him up their with Southee and Boult. Special talent that's for sure, would love to see him in the test team before long. Wagner has been decent I suppose, but he's fairly limited. Henry is the kind of bowler who could rip through a test XI by himself. Southee and Boult are world class but NZ's bowling attack overall is still a little bit off. Henry will push it over the edge IMO.

Reactions: War

War

Chairman of Selectors
Indeed. Glad to see Henry and to an extent Sodhi bowl well in patches.

Matt Henry is the big gun in this team for mine, I rate him up their with Southee and Boult. Special talent that's for sure, would love to see him in the test team before long. Wagner has been decent I suppose, but he's fairly limited. Henry is the kind of bowler who could rip through a test XI by himself. Southee and Boult are world class but NZ's bowling attack overall is still a little bit off. Henry will push it over the edge IMO.

Yes agreed 100%. Until Milne is ready for tests, Henry looks the perfect 3rd seamer behind Bolt/Southee to push it over the edge & closer to S Africa Steyn/Morkel/Philader or AUS Harris/Johnson/Siddle or Pattinson.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Personally I don't see Milne pushing any of those three out of the test team in the future

Users who are viewing this thread