England In India - October 2011/12

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I believe Haari and Highlander have answered this post sufficiently for me.

However I never said the umpiring just affected England, merely that there were some terrible LBW calls. If you'd like to carry on disputing my factually accurate post, feel free.

Train departing platform 6, Train departing platform 6. Quick, you'll miss it, and I would hate to order you a Taxi. All sorts of expensive.

To be fair, you can't count Haari. He isn't an English fan. He's Indian and lives in India. He's the only one who is oblivious to it. However, the rest of what you said is right.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
He isn't an English fan.

However, this isn't at all right I'm afraid. What is it with you in me just supporting the England 'cricket team'??? No one around here seems to have a problem with it. No one but you. Never knew you had the right to decide my interests and favorites.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well it looks like you are standing right beside me.

Indeed I am. I made the fatal error of trying to argue with an idiot, at which point you dragged me down to your level and beat me on experience. Can't buy experience, unless you're a Pakistani bookie.

Got my coat. Just wish this Taxi would turn up. Otherwise I'm gonna have to walk, and walking to nowhere could take a very long time, or no time at all. Depends where we start I suppose.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
You know what is great about the stupid posters that this forum seems to attract every now and then. You never realise how stupid you make yourself look and frankly your comebacks would make a 4 year old blush. All of us were jumping around during the 20/20? There has been more activity now bringing up your stupidty then there was during the match!

Well again we have already seen comeback in the series and we also know who blushed throughout the series. We have seen enough stupidity of yours throughout the tour, now don;t brag it to the extremeness.

BTW Don't forget your coat it's cold out there.

----------

Indeed I am. I made the fatal error of trying to argue with an idiot, at which point you dragged me down to your level and beat me on experience. Can't buy experience, unless you're a Pakistani bookie.

Got my coat. Just wish this Taxi would turn up. Otherwise I'm gonna have to walk, and walking to nowhere could take a very long time, or no time at all. Depends where we start I suppose.

That's exactly what I was gonna tell you but then your friend came and look what is happening now.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
We're gonna need more shovels!!! More shovels, spades, whatever you bleedin' well call them. Ask your neighbours, ask at your local DIY stores. B'n'Q, Halfords, hell even Tescos probably have them.

Bring as many as you can though, because I believe the taxi won't pick us up. Apparently, we're gonna dig our way out.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
However, this isn't at all right I'm afraid. What is it with you in me just supporting the England 'cricket team'??? No one around here seems to have a problem with it. No one but you. Never knew you had the right to decide my interests and favorites.

There is a lot wrong with it, actually...

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Your attitude there really is awful, which is what is wrong. Just piss off already, for I don't want to press on this stupid debate further!

----

Just caught up with the highlights show, and Finn really was brilliant as he'd been throughout the course of this tour! Also loved the aggressive nature of captaincy from Swann regarding the field placements - liked it more when he was constantly appreciated on that by my favorite Indian cricketer/commentator in Sourav Ganguly.

You need to take wickets to win cricket matches, Alastair Cook!

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
There we go all over, England won and remain number one in the world. :D

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Why would you even consider dropping one off your two best ODI batsmen who're literally making 65% of the team's runs? Does either of Davies/Kieswetter possess the consistency coupled with a good S/R as Cook does?

----------

45% of the team's runs I meant, sorry.

Owzat

International Coach
England did what they hadn't previously in this match, and I don't mean get Dhoni out. Different format, different demands.

re drop Cook or Trott - neither. I'd perhaps open with both, drop the idea of pinch-hitting keepers who, for England, provide cameo runs with limited length and I think having two stalwarts who could go on would be better - so long as they don't grind on at one pace.

Users who are viewing this thread