• Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Raina, Uthappa, Rao are untested players, haven't had much experience at all. Even Munaf Patel, Sreesanth, Powar, VRV and RP Singh are very new to the international level.

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
cricket4life said:
I agree england is very strong team. but look at my indian team.
Would like to make a few points about "Our" team.

cricket4life said:
Sachin- He's god.
Has seen better days. Jury's debating on him.

cricket4life said:
Sehwag- out of form but when comes back can destroy any bowling attack.
On Flat tracks Yes, on seaming wickets Big Maybe.

cricket4life said:
Dravid- world class...no need to tell about him.
Mr. India for the last five years and hopefully the next two at least.

cricket4life said:
Yuvi- great fielder, can bowl and very mature batsman these days.
Good Strokemaker,that's it.

cricket4life said:
Dhoni- no need to say anything about him....he is just tooo good.
Great find for India.

cricket4life said:
Pathan- Ind's strike bowler and developing into an all-rounder.
True, Well Said.

cricket4life said:
Bhajji- world class spinner and can hit very big ones.
Performs in Patches, Questionable Action.

cricket4life said:
Sreesanth- good aggressive bowler.
Has tremendous Spirit, another great find.

cricket4life said:
so how do like my indian team.
:cheers
Arguably "The Best" ODI side in the world. Long road ahead in Tests.

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
s2sschan said:
Would like to make a few points about "Our" team.

On Flat tracks Yes, on seaming wickets Big Maybe.
Sehwag scored runs all around the world, England, Australia, WI, SA and NZ, where wickets are not "flat", atleast, most of them.

He's just struggled for the last year or so, mainly because India never toured a country apart from SL, and Pakistan for a long time now, and you need to keep playing on bouncy, greenish tracks to get back to rhythm.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I've always felt it is difficult for an Indian batsman if they enter any kind of rut of form. The fans and media jumps on you immediately and are almost hoping you fail again and are dropped.

They will adore you when you score some runs, but the chop and change mentality has in my opinion definately hurt them in test cricket in the last year. Far easier to go out and bat knowing you can play your natural game, instead of having to worry about whether playing your usual attacking shot gets you out and you could then be dropped, adds an element of doubt to what is normally some batsmans strongest areas.

cricket_lover said:
Sehwag scored runs all around the world, England, Australia, WI, SA and NZ, where wickets are not "flat", atleast, most of them.

To be honest mate the wickets are pretty flat in England, Australia, and Windies. They just have a lot of bounce and carry except the WI wickets which these days are reasonably slow and low. Nz fair enough often produce wickets with a bit of greenery, whilst SA have a reasonable mixture.

However for the most part it is those tracks which have a bit of bounce and carry that these days seem to be troubling Sehwag, he will have to work on that area of his game, as at the moment teams will target him with balls just outside off-stump nipping in and then bang a few in around his throat. Allow him to free his arms and he'll more often that not put it away, but he has looked vunerable when he is cramped up.

aziz_4_ever2003

School Cricketer
Sehwag:he is a very good player when he's inform but when he's out of form he's simply burden on the team like Pakistan's Afridi.
Sachin:Master blaster is not in good form these days in Tests but he is still a Master.
Dravid:simply India's best player in last 2,3 years
Yuvi:very good fielder,stroke maker and great timer of the cricket ball.
Pathan:good bowler with new ball and a handy batsman.
Sreesanth:a good young bowler.
Dhoni:he's simply best hitter in the indian team.
Bhajji:good bowler but not consistent.

India is the second best team in ODI's after Aussies

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
He took 2 wickets off the last 2 balls in the Odi so will be on a hattrick in his next Odi.

newzolt

Club Captain
puddleduck said:
He took 2 wickets off the last 2 balls in the Odi so will be on a hattrick in his next Odi.
Absolutely correct.

It was a nice series.I loved the interaction between different members,different viewpoints being put forward, good find for both teams.It's a good series to remember.Though I am free at the moment, I won't get such time in the near future.Overall it was a memorable experience for me at this site especially during this series.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Certainly used to be the case Andrew, when did they change the rules? Must have been reasonably recently...

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Adarsh said:
If he did indeed take 2 wickets of the last two balls, then he will be on a hattrick. I am quite sure about that.
A hat-trick has to take place within one match. It can cross overs and innings, but not matches.

puddleduck said:
Certainly used to be the case Andrew, when did they change the rules? Must have been reasonably recently...
It's never been the case.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
You are truly mistaken... hat-trick CAN span matches, as long as the match is international and same format, i.e. if 2 wkts were taken in a odi international, the third wicket will have to be taken in a odi - test wicket won't count as a hat-trick.

andrew_nixon said:
A hat-trick has to take place within one match. It can cross overs and innings, but not matches.

It's never been the case.

Users who are viewing this thread