England in New Zealand

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The England fans will have to wake up even earlier than last year in Australia to see them play, this time they are in New Zealand.

Schedule

2nd February: 1 day game vs Canterbury at Christchurch
3rd February: 1 day game vs Canterbury at Christchurch
5th February: 1st Twenty20 International at Auckland
7th February: 2nd Twenty20 International at Christchurch
9th February: 1st ODI at Wellington
12th February: 2nd ODI at Hamilton
15th February: 3rd ODI at Auckland
20th February: 4th ODI at Napier
23rd February: 5th ODI at Christchurch
25th February: 2 day game vs Otago at Dunedin
28th February: 3 day game vs Otago at Dunedin
5th March: 1st Test at Hamilton
13th March: 2nd Test at Wellington
22nd March: 3rd Test at Napier

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The last time we played in New Zealand was when Ben Hollioake died. That was in 2001/2!

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I drank loads of Marston's Pedigree in an attempt to win tickets. Unfortunately I drank so much I forgot to send in the ring pulls from the cans ;)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I tried to steal them from the whole England team. And Succeeded. :)

I fancy us to win this. New Zealand looked no better than Bangladesh against Safrica in the Tests a couple of weeks ago.

irottev

School Cricketer
Seems a bit silly having the warm up games against Canterbury still,. I might actually go watch those as well as the first Twenty/20 down here and the ODI. It's a shame we don't get a test down here, but then again, we'll get beaten probably so oh well, big deal.

England favorites for test series, us favorites for ODIs. Then again, a lot can happen in that space of time.

Should be good anyway. Last time we played England, I remember watching Cairns set the record for most test sixes. He's been passed by Lara and Gilly now of course.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Should be good anyway. Last time we played England, I remember watching Cairns set the record for most test sixes. He's been passed by Lara and Gilly now of course.

I was at that game too. Chch in March 2006. Sitting in the VB stand with the Barmy Army singing songs questioning Cairnsy's sexual orientation.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Didn't Astle hit an amazing 200 last time but didn't get man of the match? Thats about all I remember of it. we should win the tests but how we go in Sri Lanka might affect us, positively or negatively.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Aye. Thorpey hit the fastest ever test 200 in that game. His recorded lasted all of one innings.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
They still lost by 99 runs. Astle was batting 11 cos he was injured and him and Cairns were slogging the ball out the park. Graham Thorpe hit a double-ton in that game too.

kookaburra69

International Coach
They still lost by 99 runs. Astle was batting 11 cos he was injured and him and Cairns were slogging the ball out the park. Graham Thorpe hit a double-ton in that game too.

Astle wasnt batting 11,Cairns was the one who was injured.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Astle wasnt batting 11,Cairns was the one who was injured.

I wondered about that as I posted it but did so anyway :p
My main memories of that match were winning a bet that I could touch the stumps without getting beaten up and thrown up the ground and the night out that followed (Oh and Cairns too :p).

Users who are viewing this thread