Story England in Sri Lanka 2018: First ODI, Teams and Pitch Report

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Fudge me......so i would have to make my own custom players of the whole two squad to put in the stats myself??????? Fudge me.......

It's simple. Just play every single match that has happened since the game came out and make sure you get the exact same scores and figures as the real players! Jeeze how lazy can you get... :D

D

Dutch

It's simple. Just play every single match that has happened since the game came out and make sure you get the exact same scores and figures as the real players! Jeeze how lazy can you get... :D
Ha ha....you do Sri Lanka...I will do England

D

Dutch

First ODI, Dambulla, Sri Lanka v England (day/night game)

Teams Announced

Well after all the chat and all the guessing both teams have announced their playing XI.

England give Olly Stone his first international cap and come into the game with both Ali and Rashid and have the option of Joe Root on a dusty pitch expected to spin heavily. The inclusion of Stone shows England's intent to blood new talent and it will be interesting to see how Stone copes with the pressure of the international stage. England's batting line-up has both depth and explosive power, although they will need to take time to adjust to the conditions and especially the slowness of the pitch and the heat.

Chandimal comes into the one day team in replacement for Angelo Mathews. Dickwella keeps the gloves to give Chandimal a free hand. The scandals of Mathews exclusion rumble on and Sri Lanka will just be glad to be on the pitch. The shadow of fixing and corruption has shown itself again and Sri Lanka will hope to have something positive to talk about especially after their thumping by Bangladesh at the Asia Cup.

Both teams come into the game with different expectations and pressures although Sri Lanka will be feeling it more. England will be looking towards the home World Cup and see both this series and the Caribbean tour as an opportunity to find the right team.

Join us later for the toss and a full pitch report................

20181003201531_1.jpg View attachment 213182

D

Dutch

Sri Lanka Win The Toss And Elect To Bat

No surprises as the team winning the toss would bat, what with the lights and dew coming into play as the evening settles in. Sri Lanka will feel positive about batting first although England will be aware of the fact that it will be harder to keep the ball dry in the second innings. They will fancy their chances as long as they can be accurate. Join us for regular updates as we get underway shortly.

D

Dutch

Full credit to @Spoobir for the wonderful stumps and pitch ads and boundary ropes and England ODI kit......not sure who made the Sri Lankan ODI kit.......thank you, thank you, thank you!

20181003215957_1.jpg

20181003220042_1.jpg

20181003220100_1.jpg

20181003220104_1.jpg

20181003220014_1.jpg

Spoobir

D

Dutch

We are underway.......

(I think I have done something wrong as the boundary rope is still CA! :p)

20181003221109_1.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1538597585][/DOUBLEPOST]
Looks like you still have the default boundary ropes to me? And that isn't my England kit either :lol
Yeah just figured that out...sigh....it can't be this hard!!!!

back to the drawing board.....

Your stumps and logo though????

D

Dutch

Did you actually create txpk file with the creator and save it to the txpk folder inside AshesMods?
Yes but it gave an error reading and then said it had created it so I think something is going on there!

Spoobir

We are underway.......

(I think I have done something wrong as the boundary rope is still CA! :p)

View attachment 213192[DOUBLEPOST=1538597585][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah just figured that out...sigh....it can't be this hard!!!!

back to the drawing board.....

Your stumps and logo though????

The stumps have worked. That isn't the pitchad I made, it must be a custom SVG made for the stadium like the aboards around the ground.

D

Dutch

The stumps have worked. That isn't the pitchad I made it must be a custom SVG made for the stadium like the aboards around the ground.
Okay I am going to have another crack at it! Will the ODI kit automatically assign to the default England team?

D

Dutch

Love the grass and ball colour as well...really gorgeous! Get ready for a photo megafest!

Users who are viewing this thread