England in Sri Lanka March-April 2011/12

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Well that proved to be an anti-climax.

Congratulations to Sri Lanka. Hope we can sort it out for the Second Test.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
ApJL6TOCMAAxmKL.jpg

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Some times I love to be wrong :D England you are as pathetic as India when it comes to playing away. You have to realize that playing Australia away and winning in Australia will not give you 100% away marks :p

Well done Sri Lanka and go kill the English team in next match and yet again help another team to get a No 1 title :D

----------

He's an Indian fan. It doesn't count.

:lol Sorry to jinx you all but it was not intended :p I was really convinced that England would this beacaue Trott is what we call in hindi "Chipku" meaning he is a person if he gets in sticks like a glue. Prior is the best wicket keeping batsman in current lot and thought he would do well plus Broad, Swann were doing so well so far but forgot it was the Home conditions :p

Well you literally lost 6 wickets for 50 runs chasing 122 runs :p

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
18 England wickets fall to spin, fully expect Sri Lanka to drop one of the two seamers for the second test, they dont need two!

Why not just drop both? And pull a Zimbabwe?

England lost that test match in Pakistan (when we were chasing about 130) because Pakistan basically only bowled their spinners. England are so abject at playing spin, why even put a seamer in the side?

ETA: http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-england-2012/engine/match/531629.html

That Test Match. Gul only bowled 3 overs in the second innings.

Last edited:

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Dropped catches made the difference..........

----------

Some times I love to be wrong England you are as pathetic as India when it comes to playing away. You have to realize that playing Australia away and winning in Australia will not give you 100% away marks
Atleast they are not allowing the home side to pile up 500-600 like India. :facepalm :facepalm

SL would have been out for less that 250 had Panesar not dropped a brace of chances from Jaya.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
England you are as pathetic as India when it comes to playing away.

I'm getting tired of this, so I'm going to say one last time that:

- England might have lost 4 on the trot, but haven't yet been innings-defeated yet. India on the contrary lost 8 on the trot and were innings-defeated 5 times.

- England are pathetic in playing spin bowling, and are nowhere near to being a pathetic away side as a whole - as India are. Wins in Australia (Yes! The same Australia that trounced India 4-0!), NZL and a 1-1 series draw in RSA support my argument.

P.S: England are as pathetic a side in playing spin bowling in the subcontinent as India are as an away side. Thank you.

Dipak

ICC Board Member

- England might have lost 4 on the trot, but haven't yet been innings-defeated yet. India on the contrary lost 8 on the trot and were innings-defeated 5 times.

- England are pathetic in playing spin bowling, and are nowhere near to being a pathetic away side as a whole - as India are. Wins in Australia (Yes! The same Australia that trounced India 4-0!), NZL and a 1-1 series draw in RSA support my argument.

P.S: England are as pathetic a side in playing spin bowling in the subcontinent as India are as an away side. Thank you.
That's exactly what I said above. Have England allowed the opp. to pile up 400-600 runs like India. Just look at all the margins, no innings losses no 100+ run losses.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Defeat is a defeat :rolleyes You guys always have an excuse to your defeat right?

India losing by innings defeat is yet called a DEFEAT and England losing 4 on trot is also called a DEFEAT right?

Whether you give 500 runs or 600 runs does not matter its again DEFEAT right?

Sri Lankan pitches wont give you 500 to 600 runs so that comparison is also not valid :facepalm

----------

You lost 5-0 in odi's you call ODI's crap, you are now defeated 4-0 in SC and now you say atleast its not innings defeat? :lol

Remember whether you murder once or twice you will be given the same punishment ;) and it will be called a crime

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Who the fearsome tweak cares Doshi?

We lost and weren't good enough. I hate it when others take pleasure in people's defeats when nobodies been making grandiose or delusional claims.:cheers

----------

I didn't mean that smiley at the end but he can stay for now.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Defeat is a defeat :rolleyes You guys always have an excuse to your defeat right?

India losing by innings defeat is yet called a DEFEAT and England losing 4 on trot is also called a DEFEAT right?

Whether you give 500 runs or 600 runs does not matter its again DEFEAT right?

Sri Lankan pitches wont give you 500 to 600 runs so that comparison is also not valid :facepalm

----------

You lost 5-0 in odi's you call ODI's crap, you are now defeated 4-0 in SC and now you say atleast its not innings defeat? :lol

Remember whether you murder once or twice you will be given the same punishment ;) and it will be called a crime

Just take it that England are better than India.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I'd definitely always play the ODIs first. We were even playing Ajmal all right the the final one in UAE.

I always think this would make for better series', although if I was the home team I'd be holding back the test spinners in these games to retain an edge.

both teams threw away wickets didn't they? it wasn't confined to england. I think some credit needs to be given to sri lanka, jayawardene played an outstanding innings and that in end proved the difference between the two sides batting efforts in the 1st innings.

england were never going to chase above 300, I know some people thought they might but I think that was just hopeful optimism, I'm not really sure what anyone was basing it on. their recent record, their past record, their players batting form all suggested it was a bridge too far. even the pitch might not have been quite as bad as the players made it look but it was no feather bed.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India

And I am getting tired of seeing your ???? posts like this. Why are you comparing England's performence with India's perfomence? Yes, India did play ???? in last few months but you should focus more or worry more about England's performance rather then comparing it with India's performance and taking pride in what England has done compared to India.

Anyways, Well played Sri Lanka. Awesome performance from Herath.

Users who are viewing this thread