England in the 90s

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
What happened to Angus? I always felt he was borderline world class. Very underrated does he perform for you?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What happened to Angus? I always felt he was borderline world class. Very underrated does he perform for you?

In my play through he is injured, he got a serious injury in the Ashes and won't play again now I think until 93.

He was world class, a proto-McGrath if not quite in the same class: tall, not super quick, very accurate. He struggled with injuries a lot unfortunately, but even when fit England being England we didn't always pick him.

He's picked up wickets in my play through, but unlike real life he's not been that economical. Gladstone Small has been my best seamer, but sadly I'm already past his last test appearance, which was during the 90/91 Ashes.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I mentioned in the General Discussion I had a another outfield catch.

Here it is - Jayasuriya tries to launch Beefy, doesn't get all of it and Sid makes the catch on the boundary. One for @Langeveldt to salivate over.

This might get me playing test cricket again.

I don't mind if ring and outfield catches are low, but the most important thing is they are there, they are possible, they are a thing.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This might get me playing test cricket again.

I don't mind if ring and outfield catches are low, but the most important thing is they are there, they are possible, they are a thing.

Well, I've had 2 outfield catches in 21.5 test matches... so they are there, but extremely rare. Ring catches - I've had 1 short cover (off a drive), 3 short mid-wicket (off sweeps) and a few backward square leg (off mistimed pulls/hooks from short deliveries).

I'd say one of the keys is getting fast and high position-rated fielders at deep/long mid-off/on which makes them more likely to cover the ground.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm actually still plugging away with this. Am 80-odd runs away from beating Sri Lanka and finishing a triumphant 1991.

Equally I'm 4 wickets away from a humiliating defeat to Sri Lanka and finishing 1991 on a dreadful anti-climax.

However work has really taken over and I'm currently working 12-14hr days so not really any play time.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I'm actually still plugging away with this. Am 80-odd runs away from beating Sri Lanka and finishing a triumphant 1991.

Equally I'm 4 wickets away from a humiliating defeat to Sri Lanka and finishing 1991 on a dreadful anti-climax.

However work has really taken over and I'm currently working 12-14hr days so not really any play time.

Well that sounds lifting

Users who are viewing this thread