England in the 90s

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Go on Dave lad :cheers

What settings do you play on?

Legend AI, Hard batting with a couple of settings (late/early timing) 1 or 2 points "easier". Bowling hardest. Physics default.[DOUBLEPOST=1581683859][/DOUBLEPOST]The Gus Logie dismissal was the first time I've ever had an LBW given out when they've hit it. I didn't even mean to appeal but it went into the slow-mo for edge catch but the circle didn't appear and I panicked and randomly appealed and it got given!!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Have you changed the AI sliders at all, I've got too far one way and cant work out which.

I changed the review challenge likelihood, for when I was playing "modern" cricket I hated them never getting a review wrong. But obviously that doesn't affect this series and I don't think I changed anything else. What are you experiencing?

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I changed the review challenge likelihood, for when I was playing "modern" cricket I hated them never getting a review wrong. But obviously that doesn't affect this series and I don't think I changed anything else. What are you experiencing?

The AI make no errors when batting. I've bowled 85 overs. Had 1 catch. One drop and 3 run outs. I'm thinking I've knacked the striker timing or the wicket chance sliders

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The AI make no errors when batting. I've bowled 85 overs. Had 1 catch. One drop and 3 run outs. I'm thinking I've knacked the striker timing or the wicket chance sliders

what's the pitch/weather conditions?

I've had some devilishly flat pitches. hardest thing for me now is figuring out the pitches that are vaguely realistic for the country, but are actually worth playing on!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Said this before I’d pay money for a old school score overlay. Haha!

Or maybe I should hide the modern overlay!

Honestly, I know it’s impossible, but I’d pay as much for a proper retro DLC - stadiums, kits, equipment, sponsors, and overlay - as I would for the whole game. If had licensed retro players, I’d pay double.

That’s not a joke!

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Honestly, I know it’s impossible, but I’d pay as much for a proper retro DLC - stadiums, kits, equipment, sponsors, and overlay - as I would for the whole game. If had licensed retro players, I’d pay double.

That’s not a joke!

Given the option between a modern day game, And a game covering say 85-95. It's a no contest

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Still playing, behind on write ups.

collapsed again in 2nd inns of 3rd test, set a small target and they knocked it off losing only Greenidge for a 9 wicket win. Haynes got an unbeaten 50.

4th test I bat first and disappointed to make only 265. Typical "England 90s" inns of lots of starts, no big scores. Bailey top scores with 86 batting at number 3 (Stewart pushed up to open with Gooch out for the series, Lamb captaining.

Don't think it's enough, seems a good batting pitch. But then Small rips through their top order taking 5 of the first 6 wickets, leaving them in real trouble. Dujon scores an unbeaten 60-odd with some support from the tail, but they're out for 160. I've got a nice lead of 105.

2 down for 120-odd close of day 2, a big lead beckoning if I bat well on day 3. Chance to square the series.

Will post some video shortly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread