England in West Indies

jonah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
There you go rocklara, a terrific win for your guys. Congrats. Were you there?
Unbelievable stuff from Smith at the end, to pull it round from nearly 2 runs a ball needed with 8 or so overs left to win with 2 overs to spare is a great effort. I have to agree with the_gas though in that some of the English bowling wasn't great at the end (apart from Freddie who bowled a lovely over at the death even though he could hardly run:eek: ), but take nothing away from the Windies batsmen, a great win. I knew we'd lose though as soon as Tresco got his century;)...
Sets the series up nicely now with 2 left to play (weather permitting:rolleyes: :) ).

madmattg

International Cricketer
Originally posted by jonah
There you go rocklara, a terrific win for your guys. Congrats. Were you there?
Unbelievable stuff from Smith at the end, to pull it round from nearly 2 runs a ball needed with 8 or so overs left to win with 2 overs to spare is a great effort. I have to agree with the_gas though in that some of the English bowling wasn't great at the end (apart from Freddie who bowled a lovely over at the death even though he could hardly run:eek: ), but take nothing away from the Windies batsmen, a great win. I knew we'd lose though as soon as Tresco got his century;)...
Sets the series up nicely now with 2 left to play (weather permitting:rolleyes: :) ).

Well worded and thoughtful.

Only comment how could you expecta loss from a man scoring a century it wasnt absurdly slow?

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
why england have clarke playing instead of butcher, who can also bowl a bit to, is beyond me. Pick your best team ENGLAND! Grrrrr

jonah

International Coach
Originally posted by madmattg

Only comment how could you expecta loss from a man scoring a century it wasnt absurdly slow?

I think on every occasion bar one if Tres has scored a century in an ODI England have ended up losing it. It was a terrific innings though, good to see him back in the runs :) .

The-gas, I totally agree again. I can't for the life of me understand why Butcher isn't in the ODI team (or Thorpe for that matter). In fact, absurdly, he's never won an ODI cap! Unbelievable when, as you say, he can bowl a bit too and when on song can score in Tests as quick as many do in ODI's. I am a bit biased though as I am a Surrey fan and he is one of my favourite players:) . I suppose they think they're building for the next World Cup, but yes, surely you've got to pick your best team, whatever the ages. A fewer 'older' players can help bring the youngsters on quicker, IMO.

Last edited:

rocklara

International Coach
yea jonah i was there mate. thanks man....but hts out to colingwood....i have always seen catches like this in slow motion on tv or on replays, but never like this in real time man!!!!

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Originally posted by jonah
I think on every occasion bar one if Tres has scored a century in an ODI England have ended up losing it. It was a terrific innings though, good to see him back in the runs :) .

The-gas, I totally agree again. I can't for the life of me understand why Butcher isn't in the ODI team (or Thorpe for that matter). In fact, absurdly, he's never won an ODI cap! Unbelievable when, as you say, he can bowl a bit too and when on song can score in Tests as quick as many do in ODI's. I am a bit biased though as I am a Surrey fan and he is one of my favourite players:) . I suppose they think they're building for the next World Cup, but yes, surely you've got to pick your best team, whatever the ages. A fewer 'older' players can help bring the youngsters on quicker, IMO.

yes jonah, at least one of either thorpe and butcher should be in the team. Butcher is a great striker of the ball, or thorpe could nurdle the singles throughout the innings. With these teams, indies have a stronger batting line up, so if we continue to bowl length deliverys when we need to keep the runs down we have no chance. Also, why did Blackwell bowl that final over, surely trescothick would have been a better option? He aint a great bowler but he keeps it straight and generally full, much harder to sweep or hit for 6. :mad:

italiansammy

School Cricketer
Vaughn having a good innings, but was run out in 67...Good innings by Strauss as well, and England looking for a big total now...

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
dont make me laugh, not good enough england. Pick your best team england. PICK!?!?!?!?!?

Rangeela

International Coach
6th ODI

Toss: West Indies

England 280/8 (50 ov) (Vaughan 67, Strauss 67) (Gayle 2/39)
West Indies 282/6 (47.1 ov) (Chanderpaul 63, Lara 57) (Batty 2/40)

Result: West Indies won by 4 wickets

Man of the Match: S.Chanderpaul

Series: West Indies leads the 7-ODI series 2-1 (1 game remaining)

italiansammy

School Cricketer
Well done to West Indies--- Playing like a very good team... Bravo batted bravely at the later end, and he deserves much applause... If he had fallen, the game might have been Englands. Hopefully west Indies will win the series for their good effort and hardwork. :)

Gough was extremely expensive today, so not a very good day for him..

rocklara

International Coach
well jonah....it all boils down to a must win for u guys. all the best to yall guys...take care mates....it was still a great score posted which was overhauled. good luck

Users who are viewing this thread