Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kieron Pollard???

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I understand this is very early, a long way away from the tour, but today the schedule for it has been finalised so I thought it was right.

Schedule

25th-27th January 2009: TBC vs England, tour match at TBC
29th-31st January 2009: TBC vs England, tour match at TBC
4th-8th February 2009: West Indies vs England, 1st Test at Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica
13th-17th February 2009: West Indies vs England, 2nd Test at Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

21st-22nd February 2009: TBC vs England, tour match at TBC
26th February-2nd March 2009: West Indies vs England, 3rd Test at Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados
6th-10th March 2009: West Indies vs England, 4th Test at Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad

14th March 2009: TBC vs England, tour match at TBC
15th March 2009: West Indies vs England, only Twenty20 International at Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad
20th March 2009: West Indies vs England, 1st ODI at Providence Stadium, Providence, Guyana
22nd March 2009: West Indies vs England, 2nd ODI at Providence Stadium, Providence, Guyana
27th March 2009: West Indies vs England, 3rd ODI at Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados
29th March 2009: West Indies vs England, 4th ODI at Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados
3rd April 2009: West Indies vs England, 5th ODI at Beausejour Cricket Ground, Gros Islet, St Lucia

Interestingly, the first Test will be the earliest to be played in the West Indies since 1998.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The best tour for lazy England fans like me, get in from school, watch the cricket, go bed at 11 :D Not sure the barmy army like it because it's so expensive but oh well, they hsould get proper jobs anyway :p

Will be interesting to see how we do against the Saffas because i think that will indicate how we do here and just on the final run through to the ashes.

madmusician

Club Cricketer
Goodness, it really won't seem like 5 years since the last tour: history makers. We should win easily though and this will build momentum ahead of the Ashes summer.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Goodness, it really won't seem like 5 years since the last tour: history makers. We should win easily though and this will build momentum ahead of the Ashes summer.

don't be so sure about your chances, WI are a much improved side and will be better by the time England show up in the Caribbean.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
don't be so sure about your chances, WI are a much improved side and will be better by the time England show up in the Caribbean.

This is going to be an easy win,
Last time you were in england the results were like this

1st Test at Lord's, London - May 17-21, 2007
Match drawn
England 553/5d and 284/8d; West Indies 437 and 89/0

2nd Test at Headingley, Leeds - May 25-28, 2007
England won by an innings and 283 runs
England 570/7d; West Indies 146 and 141 (f/o)

3rd Test at Old Trafford, Manchester - Jun 7-11, 2007
England won by 60 runs
England 370 and 313; West Indies 229 and 394

4th Test at Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street - Jun 15-19, 2007
England won by 7 wickets
West Indies 287 and 222; England 400 and 111/3

and then 3-0 to England last time we went West Indies. Honestly I dont think you have improved since last time we played you, You still lack a quality bowling attack with a spinner and only one of your players ever really performs.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors

and then 3-0 to England last time we went West Indies. Honestly I dont think you have improved since last time we played you, You still lack a quality bowling attack with a spinner and only one of your players ever really performs.

with a different coach, and team atmosphere. and lets not forget that Ganga captained the test squad after Sarwan went down. And there wasn't anyone that stepped it up other than Chanders, this time around there might be other guys who are healthy and in form.
Just trust me this is a different WI team, they will no be walked over like in England.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Well for me I can only see this as an England Victory

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Well for me I can only see this as an England Victory

obviously Englands chances will be better than that of the West Indies but it will not be a "easy victory" like you and madmusician said. they will be given a run for their money.

lancashire666

International Coach
it wont be easy but england will be faveorites, and rightly so, but we all know what happens when we expect england to do something

WestIndian

vBookie Team

I take it that you are referring to the series where Fidel Edwards did not play in the 1st and 2nd test, and took 9 wickets in the 3 other innings that he bowled and Sammy took 7 wickets 66 runs in 21.3 overs.
And Sidebottom and Panesar were the wicket takes for England??
Ok well yes it will be an easy victory for them, a walk over on us.
Oh by de way tell Ryan to bring with him the conditions that helps him to swing the ball and ask Monty to carry the turning pitches for him. Don't forget now, you hear??

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
I take it that you are referring to the series where Fidel Edwards did not play in the 1st and 2nd test, and took 9 wickets in the 3 other innings and Sammy took 7 wickets 66 runs in 21.3 overs.
And Sidebottom and Panesar were the wicket takes!!
Ok well yes it will be an easy victory for them, a walk over on us.
Oh by de way tell Ryan to bring with him the conditions that helps him to swing the ball and ask Monty to carry the turning pitches for him. Don't forget now, you hear??

Jesus christ you need to calm down, it's not my fault you can't play cricket.

lancashire666

International Coach
thats right Holdenator, shake his cage a little more why dont you lol

oh, and Edwards really did make a massive difference, but one player doesnt make a good bowling attack

WestIndian

vBookie Team
it wont be easy but england will be faveorites, and rightly so, but we all know what happens when we expect england to do something

Nah man lancas......, like holdenator said that will be like taking candy from babies, I mean this is West Indies eh, you guys will be expected to walk all over us like de Aussies are expected too do and bust our balls doing it, I can't wait to feel that pain, de javu. Congrats in advance.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks mate, its really appreciated, may aswell just give up playing cricket. Especially if the fans dont believe and are already giving us the series :happy

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Jesus christ you need to calm down, it's not my fault you can't play cricket.

Nah doh dig my boy, you right, I mean I hope by then half of our guys will be broken like NZ guys are presently, missing teeth, busted up fingers and shoulders, you know, whip a dead horse nah, like Anderson said after knocking Flynn, in layman's terms: even if you half dead and you on de filed ride you dead. So Eng go win 4 - 0, and leave half of West Indies dead. :D:happy:hpraise

Users who are viewing this thread