For me, it should be:
Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Root
Stokes
Pope
Buttler
Woakes/Curran/Parkinson (only if spin friendly track)
Archer
Broad
Leach

Aye but i'd pe tempted to take Woakes out all together and just go Curran or the extra spin if required

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Decent enough start last night. By that I mean the arse didnt fall out of the innings when Root failed, speaking of which, that dismissal was awful and his confidence looks totally shot...

Good to see 50s from Burns, Denley and Stokes. Hopefully him and Pope can kick on tonight and take us somewhere close to 400.

D

Dutch

Yeah a good knock considering their awful start a couple of years ago!

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Decent enough start last night. By that I mean the arse didnt fall out of the innings when Root failed, speaking of which, that dismissal was awful and his confidence looks totally shot...

Root is not a leader. If anything, captaincy is just putting extra pressure on him and as we have seen in the past, he doesn't perform under pressure. Let him focus only on his batting and make someone like Burns the captain.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Root is not a leader. If anything, captaincy is just putting extra pressure on him and as we have seen in the past, he doesn't perform under pressure. Let him focus only on his batting and make someone like Burns the captain.

Agree with that entirely. My only worry is they would burden Stokes with it if it was taken from Root

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Agree with that entirely. My only worry is they would burden Stokes with it if it was taken from Root

I agree that it would put too much burden on Stokes. I am also not entirely sold on the idea of Stokes captaining an international team. However, maybe and just maybe he seems like one of those character who might thrive with that added responsibility.

D

Dutch

If you look at what England managed last time they were in NZ then this is very decent indeed. At least at the top of the order there is a bit less Teflon Batsmanship.

Users who are viewing this thread