User Title Purchaser
ENG....
Mumbai Indians
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sydney Sixers
Profile Flag
England
Kane Williamson is gone for 4 and Raval for 5 yet I still feel New Zealand will break the 400 mark

Yorkshireman

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I like Rory Burns, but he has to be the luckiest batsman in test cricket. I could be wrong, but I think he's been dropped in almost every innings he's played.
He’s got a knack of getting so lucky that it’s almost a talent. Anyway made up for Root and Burns, we really needed some of our players to make a big score. Pleased for em.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Would be nice if we could have just one game where everyone contributed with the bat mind.

Buzzing for Root and Burns. Hope Pope stays in with him tonight

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Would be nice if we could have just one game where everyone contributed with the bat mind.

Buzzing for Root and Burns. Hope Pope stays in with him tonight

Yeah, it would be great to see at least one of the new kids do well.

I read that this is the first time that England have played a Test match with three players aged 21 or less. Only once in the last 50 years have they had three players aged 22 or less.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If I may say, it's desperately frustrating to see Zak Crawley in the side. It's just exceedingly premature and a frenetic innings of only one does little to suggest that he's ready temperamentally or technically to be in a Test side.

It's also very concerning that in the space of one Test we've gone from a side that seems to be pretty much common sense (aside from the selection of Sam Curran, which I honestly still don't really get) to a team where only five players (1, 4, 5, 9 and 11) have Test hundreds, where the keeper is a part-timer and the only spinners in the team are part-timers.

But it's really good to see Burns continuing to make himself at home in Test cricket, dropped catches be damned.

Just to think how many Tests James Taylor would have played by now if it'd not been for circumstances beyond anyone's control

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Aye the team for this game doesn't really make much sense. Although I have to disagree on Curran. I feel he merits his place atm and offers something different. But to throw in Crawley at 6 stinks of panic, and not taking a back up keeper on tour is borderline criminal. I get why Bairstow was dropped, but surely Foakes merits a place in the tour group, if only for situations we find ourselves in now.

D

Dutch

If I may say, it's desperately frustrating to see Zak Crawley in the side. It's just exceedingly premature and a frenetic innings of only one does little to suggest that he's ready temperamentally or technically to be in a Test side.

It's also very concerning that in the space of one Test we've gone from a side that seems to be pretty much common sense (aside from the selection of Sam Curran, which I honestly still don't really get) to a team where only five players (1, 4, 5, 9 and 11) have Test hundreds, where the keeper is a part-timer and the only spinners in the team are part-timers.

But it's really good to see Burns continuing to make himself at home in Test cricket, dropped catches be damned.

Just to think how many Tests James Taylor would have played by now if it'd not been for circumstances beyond anyone's control
Oh James Taylor indeed! What a great shame that is for him and cricket generally!

Users who are viewing this thread