England tour of New Zealand 2023

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
After promising myself I wouldn’t do any work tonight, I’d just enjoy the cricket… I’m sat here with a glass of wine and a laptop on my er, lap, and thinking we’ve got this in the bag

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Bloody hell! Is this Bazball going down in flames?
Obviously not. Even if they fail this run chase, they've still won 10 Tests out of 12, coming off the back of 1 win out of 17 playing conventionally.

This method still works better for this team, and no method can work 100% of the time.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Obviously not. Even if they fail this run chase, they've still won 10 Tests out of 12, coming off the back of 1 win out of 17 playing conventionally.

This method still works better for this team, and no method can work 100% of the time.
I was half-joking. My fault for not making that clear. With a longish-tail, I can't believe there's no Plan B. They can still chase the runs without going to 100% all-out attacking. There's plenty of time left in the day.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
As someone in a Cricinfo comment said, Root now has to score his runs, plus Stokes' runs, plus Brook's runs. No pressure Joe. If there's anyone who can do it, he can.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Dozed off before lunch when it wasn't looking good, woke up and Root and Stokes were going well. Fell asleep again and they were both gone.

The masterstroke of all the Nighthawk talk is that it has made everyone forget that Broad is rubbish at batting.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
I'm going to have to sleep now. I need to be up in less than five hours, and if Foakes and Leach do this it'll take them at least two

Users who are viewing this thread