Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I want five day tests but would still eat dick....where does that put me?
tenor.gif

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Mixing my sports metaphors: It ain't over till it's over.

I think we'll see him bowling for England at home in the summer, but he won't tour again.

Last edited:

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
First time in 9 years that England haven't lost a wicket before lunch on the first day.
Really?

On a side note, it feels like England team is finally getting the xi. Now, few chunks in the armour still remain.

Openers (:tick:, :tick:):Sibley and Burns are the front-runners with Crawley being the third option. Perhaps they need a fourth option since Crawley does not look good enough right now.

Middle-order (:x:, ?, :tick:, :tick:): No. 4 does not give me enough confidence. He needs to be rested and his mind needs to become more clear. How can someone who was mean to achieve greatness is achieving just fifties and then getting out? Stokes at 5 is fine but he needs to take more responsibility. Ollie Pope at 6 is perfect and if he can improve his keeping then an extra all-rounder/bowler could play. No. 3 is not good. Joe Denly has played well but we need the big innings from him. With Hain and Northeast around, it's high time he gives those hundreds otherwise he has to go. He is 33 and won't play more than 2-3 years.

Keeper (:x:): Jos Buttler is just not the player England need. And no Bairstow please! Ben Foakes should play. Or if they need a second option, I think Ollie Robinson of Kent is good.

Bowlers (:tick:, :tick:, :tick:, :tick:): No problem here but injury management should be done with care for the likes of Jofra and Wood.

Since I have not really seen Hain and Northeast batting (except highlights), only some of you guys can tell which are the better players! Or if there is someone else I'm missing on then you can add for sure.

One thing no one mentions is replacement for Root! I know this sounds crazy but still, he is not delivering much. Maybe Northeast or Gary Ballance could be the second options?

Users who are viewing this thread