England tour of Sri Lanka 2021

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Its gone pure Global Pandemic in here btw. Rain delay in the cricket has brought about:

Being 6
Home schooling
Sticklebricks
Algebra
PS1
Cricket Captain
Ian Bell
Piet Mondrain

As possible topics of discussion, probably purely because no one can go outside...

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This year could define Root's legacy as an English test captain and test his ability to convert his scores into big ones, given the English Test team will play India in India and at home again, followed by the Ashes. He could be one of the key players for the English team coming onto the Indian tour with that big knock.

This England team's got a lot of young players with good potential, but their consistency will be tested on those overseas trips to India and Australia.

D

Dutch

Great to see Roooooooooot back in the runs. Being out of the spotlight and not under constant pressure seems to have lifted his game.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Great to see Roooooooooot back in the runs. Being out of the spotlight and not under constant pressure seems to have lifted his game.
If I may speak for myself, I had completely forgotten how excellent Root is against spin. There's a lot of talk about how great players of fast bowling seem to have more time than everyone else, but the same is true of Root against spin. He seems to have time to wait for the ball to pitch and assess how much it will spin before he commits himself to a shot of any kind. It's really impressive stuff and speaks of a really good understanding of his own game

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I guess Sri Lanka need 350 more runs. I'd say giving England a target of 200-250 in two sessions would be ideal.
But they’re the type of team that can lose by an innings in the first session tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread