England tour to South Africa December 2015/February 2016

bigred

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is he even eligible? Isn't there a qualifying period.

South Africans would be divided on KP tbh. I would love KP walking in at 5 for SA personally.

Isn't it a two year period after your last international match. I think that's what Boyd Rankin had to go through, and his last match was the same as KPs.

stefan

International Coach
Isn't it a two year period after your last international match. I think that's what Boyd Rankin had to go through, and his last match was the same as KPs.
Either it was changed or its different for players who are part of GB. Reading KP would need to wait 4 years between international appearance to play.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Cook
Elgar
Amla
de Villiers
KP
Rilee Rossouw
De Kock
Rabada
Abbott
Steyn
Tahir

What a team!

bigred

Club Captain
I'd imagine this will be the tomorrow for the game vs South Africa A

1. Roy
2. Hales
3. Vince
4. Morgan
5. Buttler
6. Billings
7. Ali
8. Rashid
9. Jordan
10. Willey
11. Topley

Root and Stokes will come in for Vince and Billings for the 1st t20i.

The only question Bayliss and Morgan need to ask themselves is whether they are happy with two bunnies at 10 and 11. If they are, they can pick Topley and Finn (when fit) and then drop either Willey or Jordan.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Hales off to a flier.

It's a 4 year qualification period for KP to play for SA if they wanted him.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
That last over was so poor from Topley. Not one, but two massive full tosses when a length delivery was hard to score off of. Then to top it all off, missing the ball when we could have had a super over.

Obviously, Jordan is a bit too inconsistent at the moment, but when he gets it right, he is very good.

stefan

International Coach
Pretty dreadfull display from both sides on a very poor pitch for t20 cricket, only topped by hd ackerman's dreadfull interview at the post press conference. Most pertinent question to ask morgan is about the fielding and its ignored.

Don't think england will come close to the world t20 if they don't fix their fielding.

bigred

Club Captain
That last over was so poor from Topley. Not one, but two massive full tosses when a length delivery was hard to score off of. Then to top it all off, missing the ball when we could have had a super over.

Obviously, Jordan is a bit too inconsistent at the moment, but when he gets it right, he is very good.

Apart from the two full tosses, I felt that Topley bowled well. In fact, he's bowled well all tour.

As you said, Jordan was excellent. It might just be that t20s are his game. Stokes was also excellent.

England bowled very well on the whole, but two Topley fielding mistakes cost us.

bigred

Club Captain
Pretty dreadfull display from both sides on a very poor pitch for t20 cricket, only topped by hd ackerman's dreadfull interview at the post press conference. Most pertinent question to ask morgan is about the fielding and its ignored.

Don't think england will come close to the world t20 if they don't fix their fielding.

The fielding isn't a problem. Today there were two errors- both by Topley. The high ball is sometimes hard to pick up under lights, and the dropped throw for the run out can happen to anyone standing behind the stumps. Generally England's ground fielding is very good.

stefan

International Coach
The fielding isn't a problem. Today there were two errors- both by Topley. The high ball is sometimes hard to pick up under lights, and the dropped throw for the run out can happen to anyone standing behind the stumps. Generally England's ground fielding is very good.

You have dropped multiple chances throughout the test,odi and now t20 series. There was also the poor throw from root in the same over, had it been over the stumps abbot would have been in trouble as well. Also multiple instances of especially stokes getting upset at some poor efforts in the field.

bigred

Club Captain
You have dropped multiple chances throughout the test,odi and now t20 series. There was also the poor throw from root in the same over, had it been over the stumps abbot would have been in trouble as well. Also multiple instances of especially stokes getting upset at some poor efforts in the field.

Honestly, England work as hard if not harder than anyone on their fielding. They've not had their best few weeks, but they are a team of very good fielders.

bigred

Club Captain
To be honest, errors like the one on the last ball from Topley don't bother me. I don't consider it a mistake.

I'm more upset when people choose to bowl length rather than Yorkers and then get smashed for 6. Or when batters try and ramp rather than playing straight and then getting bowled.

stefan

International Coach
To be honest, errors like the one on the last ball from Topley don't bother me. I don't consider it a mistake.

I'm more upset when people choose to bowl length rather than Yorkers and then get smashed for 6. Or when batters try and ramp rather than playing straight and then getting bowled.

Personally I get more upset with poor fielding then anything else in the game. Feel fielding is something everyone can be atleast decent at while bowling and fielding isn't the same.

bigred

Club Captain
Personally I get more upset with poor fielding then anything else in the game. Feel fielding is something everyone can be atleast decent at while bowling and fielding isn't the same.

Yeah but the difference is, Topley did everything right there. He got himself behind the ball, put his hands in the right place, but the ball just popped out. He didn't mean it- it just happens sometimes. Happened to me plenty of times.

What is infuriating is when batsmen, bowlers and even captains make poor choices that are well within their control. Two examples from today. Ben Stokes strange shot choice when getting stumped today. Sending in Willey at 10. Might've been a good idea to send him in one down to continue the momentum.

Users who are viewing this thread