Review England v Australia - Review, kind of.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello,

Just to give everyone a little idea how games pan out I'm going to play a full test match against the Aussies.

Karachi is where the match is being held, and England lost the toss and have been forced to bowl.

Difficulty - Hard
Camera's -
Bowling - Broadcast
Batting - Action Cam

HUD -
Bowling - Full
Batting - Minimal

Australia

S. Watson
S. Katich
R. Ponting
M. Hussey
M. Clarke
M. North
B. Haddin
M. Johnson
N. Hauritz
B. Hilfenhaus
D. Bollinger

England

A. Strauss
A. Cook
K. Pietersen
P. Collingwood
J. Trott
A. Rashid
M. Prior
A. Flintoff
S. Broad
G. Swann
J. Anderson

I'll post up the big moments so people can see what can go on in the game!

Quick note, I'm absolutely crap at this game at the minute, so if I end up 2ao, don't blame me :p

What's happened so far?

5.1 - Flintoff to Watson, 93MPH, leg-stump line. Watson tries to flick it off his legs and only achieves spooning it straight to backward short leg.

S. Watson C. G. Swann b. A. Flintoff 9 (28)

11/1

5.3 - Flintoff to Ponting, 88MPH, middle-stump. Ponting, 4* after his first ball raced for 4, tries to hit over the top and only achieves hitting it straight to Strauss standing at mid-off.

R. Ponting C. Strauss b. Andrew Flintoff 4 (2)

15/2

7.5 - WHAT A WICKET! Flintoff in his penultimate ball of his spell swings one into S. Katich, who tries to defend at a ball which was swinging and travelling fast. Inside edge onto the leg stump! Australia are really on the rocks here!

S. Katich b. A. Flintoff 7 (13)

22/3

Last edited:

P Squared

International Coach
England vs Australia in Karachi?? People dont go to Pakistan to play Pakistan so how can it become a miscellanous venue. Ah but its a game...

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Tbh mate alot of people are doing this in the Impressions Thread.

I'm doing it in a thread of my own ;) I like to be different.

5 over update

Australia not troubled by the opening bowlers Anderson and Flintoff.

11/0 (S. Watson 9*, S. Katich 2*)

J. Anderson 3.0, 0, 4, 0, 1.33
A. Flintoff 2.0, 0, 7, 0, 3.50

Simbazz added 4 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

5.1 - Flintoff to Watson, 93MPH, leg-stump line. Watson tries to flick it off his legs and only achieves spooning it straight to backward short leg.

11/1

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
5.3 - Flintoff to Ponting, 88MPH, middle-stump. Ponting, 4* after his first ball raced for 4, tries to hit over the top and only achieves hitting it straight to Strauss standing at mid-off.

15/2

Simbazz added 0 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Simbazz > alot of people

Thanks Mark :)

P

pcfan123

Hey Simon,

can you tell us what difficult and which camera modes you are playign this match with.

D

Dutch

Well it has merit on its own if it isn't just a summing up of scores etcetera as in the impressions thread but has an element of review in it and opinion of likes/dislikes etcera. It's early days so it can still develop into more than just an impressions thread, which we already have.;)

I can see that we are going to need to get things organised now than more and mroe people are getting the game.:)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
7.5 - WHAT A WICKET! Flintoff in his penultimate ball of his spell swings one into S. Katich, who tries to defend at a ball which was swinging and travelling fast. Inside edge onto the leg stump! Australia are really on the rocks here!

S. Katich b. A. Flintoff 7 (13)

22/3

This is turning into a good match for the opening bowlers, Flintoff has really rattled the Aussies here and they're not doing well under the pressure!

Can Mr. Cricket and Clarke settle the ship?

P

pcfan123

I hope Hussey and Clarke settle it down or this is going to be a blowout

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Mark, added your question to the first post :)

Enjoying this.

Simbazz added 18 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

10th Over update!

ce41e859.jpg

94569565.jpg

At the 10th over we've seen Australia crumble to 36/3. Flintoff has been the powerhouse behind the England attack. Swann took the 10th wicket and bowled poorly, Strauss won't be happy about that experiment.

Review comments

I think this game is brilliant. I'll start by saying that.

I read somewhere earlier this week that you could "work towards wickets," and its damn true. Nothing like getting a guy with the old "two out, one in," trick, and now and again you really get that feeling that you're setting this batsmen up.

The bowling is much more fluid in the broadcast camera I've found, this is purely my opinion others will love it, but nonetheless its much more fluid that AC09 I feel.

AI batting? Paced perfectly I've found. We've seen some high scores, we've seen low, but we've always seen the batsmen get to those scores in what would be considered a reasonable amount of overs.

Last edited:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
12.5 - Broad steams in and Hussey tries to drive to only find Kevin Pietersen in the slips.

M. Hussy c. P'tersen b. Broad 16 (34)

49/4

See, this is what I love about the game so far. I had AC09 on the Xbox 360, and you never got these wickets. You never made the batsman edge into the air, least not for the slips to have a chance.

Australia are struggling here, and I'm hoping this is just immense bowling by me, and not a sign of it being too easy once again.

Simbazz added 3 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

13.1 -Uh oh, Flintoff comes back into the attack after a few overs breather, and strikes first ball. The pitch is slow, and lacks bounce. Flintoff pounds the ball in short to find it only carrying through at what you'd describe as a normal height, Clarke swings at the ball expecting it to be slightly higher, edge through to Captain fantastic at 2nd slip.

M. Clarke c. Strauss b. Flintoff 6 (10)

49/5

I'm starting to get concerned now, we've seen 5 wickets fall in under 15 overs. Is this due to the pitch, or what?

I'm still massively enjoying this, but just a bit concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread