England

khalek

Panel of Selectors
I think Morgan is a big loss. He won so many tight games for England last year. The game against Bangladesh and couple of times against Australia. I don't really think Ravi Bopara is anywhere near as good as Morgan under pressure. In fact he's quite rubbish.

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Scheduling the Ashes so close to the Cup was quite senseless. The other option could have been to split up the tour into two halves- First before the Cup play Tests A month after the Cup, play ODIs.

What, play the odi's in may when the English season has begun and the England players will be playing a bit of county cricket and will be preparing for the series against sri lanka.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Something that has been common with England regarding playing the associates :

Canada - Warmup match 1
Main man - Rizwan Cheema
Rizwan Cheema 93(70)

Holland - WC match 1
Main man - Ryan ten Doeschate
Ryan ten Doeschate 119(110)

Ireland - WC match 3
Main man - Kevin O'Brein
Kevin O'Brein - 113(63)

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
On all 3 occasions when they were coasting they let the game out of their hands. I think they get a little complacent when they're on top. Also Strauss' captaincy has not been good, he looked clueless when O'Brien was hitting 'em all over. Also fielding has been quite poor.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
The big glaring problem has been in the field. I say "glaring" because usually England is a top-class fielding unit, but that has been completely missing in this campaign. I mean, they're fielding at India levels. Even we don't drop that many catches.

They were brilliant in the Ashes. After that, it seems they've just not bothered to show up. Maybe the commentators are right about them being burnt out from being on the road too long.

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
They were brilliant in the Ashes. After that, it seems they've just not bothered to show up. Maybe the commentators are right about them being burnt out from being on the road too long.

Australia have been playing for that long too, they don't seem to be affected by it.

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Australia have been playing for that long too, they don't seem to be affected by it.

No England were on tour in Australia and only had 3 days in England before leaving for the world cup. He didn't mean playing for a long period of time he meant England have been away from home since November, apart from 3 days between Australia and the world cup.

Sureshot

Executive member
No, but I don't think the options are all that great. Colly isn't enough of a bowler (neither is Yardy tbf), but I don't think Tredwell brings enough with the bat.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Bopara?

Had a look to see what his bowling record is and he's been criminally under looked in comparison to Yardy. 124 wickets at 26 at domestic level isn't to be sniffed at.

Sureshot

Executive member
Imo Bopara is a part of the batting anyway, he should be batting where he is. He's more than good enough, as we saw today.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Anyone else think that this whole KP opening thing isn't working? He just doesn't seem comfortable to me, not as fluid as you would see him at 4 or 5. I think that Bell, even Bopara, would be better options.

What do you English fans think?

Strauss
Bopara
Trott
KP
Bell

Oh and I would defo drop Yardy for Collingwood. During the England-India game I always had hope in the back of my mind because you guys only really bat till 5. Prior is absolutely terrible in the subcontinent (Apparently Andy Flower thinks he's great though :p) so from 4 down onwards, teams are always going to have the chance of bowling you out. Collingwood may not be in the best of form but he has years of experience behind him and is a calming influence on the side.
Colly's and Bopara's bowling are so similar to yardy anyways... with the keeper up I don't think that the batsman would even know the difference.

Sureshot

Executive member
Bopara to open? No.

I think KP is doing okay up there. Yes he failed today, but he was unlucky against India and played well vs Ireland.

I see opening as the future for KP in the England side. A fresh challenge will do him well.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I distinctly remember Bopara opening and doing quite well. Was it for England? Maybe it was in the IPL or something...

Users who are viewing this thread