International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bangladesh 171/1.... 220 all out... Bangladesh basically threw away a fantastic start. Imagine if they made it to even 250-300, there would be a lot more pressure on England. Still, I see it being an even contest. England still have very good batsmen, Root and Moeen is capable of playing spin and JB and Stokes are good players. Not to mention Wilkes and Ansari can bat too. I feel disappointed in Bangladesh . They worked hard to get to 171 with only 1 wicket gone, instead they lose 9 more players with only 49 added to the board. I feel getting to 350- 400 would have made a large difference.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Usually one brings two, but here one brought all ten.
(From Cricinfo)

Last edited:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
To you guys who hate us - I'm sorry you feel that way. It must be really hard for you to hold unwarranted hate for a weaker team than your own. We've worked really hard to get where we are today, so give yourselves some peace by appreciating it. :)
They're just jealous they can't easily whitewash you anymore.

B

Bigby Wolf

Great performance by Bangladesh.
It was always diificult to chase a target in excess of 250 for England in 4th Innings that too on a turning track.
Mehdi Hasan looks like an exciting prospect.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Can't believe we won that from the first innings collapse. So stoked rn! :D

I just dozed of and went for a Sunday afternoon siesta when England went to 100/0 at tea. Cannot forgive myself for missing out on what seems to have been a lot of fun. Well done Bangladesh! You have now truly arrived on the test scene. I remember Bangladesh`s first test match against India in 2000 and for them to have come all the way is a welcome relief. Cricket cannot afford to lose out on any more sides. Looking forward to Bangladesh touring India for the test later this season.

As England have found out, its going to be along tour to the subcontinent. The cities in the Indian subcontinent could be crowded and so can the stadia at times, but out there on the pitch it can get really lonely very fast on those raging turners. Yet, as an Indian fan I believe that with England having a tough initiation to this Asian your, India might not hold any mysteries to them. They have 5 tests in India and thus enough opportunities to turn it around. England do have the side to do it.

If ever there was time for an Asian Test Championship, it is now! Sadly, it wont happen but I have the right to dream. ;)

Last edited:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What a spectacular and historical collapse. I had said it before the last world cup, that times are changing for BD .. they seem to have gathered a few impact players that are necessary for making a permanent mark on the international stage and they are finally really starting to do so.

Congrats to the team ! Hope they continue like this and win more. Test cricket needs more competitive teams desperately

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Always glad to see England lose, no grudges against them but I just hate their cricket team. I was hoping the Bangla wash but due to inexperience they lost the first game by bit. The guy Mehdi, he'll surely be one of top spinners in coming years - Don't recall exactly but I guess he's picked over twenty in this series.

Congrats @ImNeer @Simon and entire Bangladesh, still a long way to go.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Well Played Bangladesh. I haven't seen much of the Tests, but our issue seems to be that we can't compete with the spin bowlers we have. At least in previous years we had Swann and Panesar for Tests like this. Ali is a decent Test bowler and is almost our best by default. Ansari, Batty and Rashid are all various forms of rank average.

Number 4 is becoming an issue too. Doesn't seem to be too many options in the squad either.

Not too worried about India though, I don't think their spinners are as far ahead of Bangladesh's as everyone likes to make out. Our issue will be whether our batsmen can find some runs and whether Ali and Stokes can carry our bowling really.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Great performance by Bangladesh. I feel very happy they beat England, because this win can give them the confidence to beat other teams as well. I hope the ICC let Bangladesh play more Test cricket, as this is the beginning. Mehdi Hasan has bowled really well, and I think the selectors will give him a chance in the next ODI series they play. Really, Bangladesh should've won this series, but couldn't.
Also, it quite odd to see that both New Zealand and England collapsed in Asia in the space of two days. NZ 66/2- 79 all out. England 100/0 - 164 all out. Touring teams are having a tough time in Asia.:D

I would not right off England even though they drew the series while many people thought they were going to win. England still has good players and the Indian pitches are a little easier to bat on. India needs to still watch out for England.
Again, congrats to Bangladesh, and I hope they win like this in the future.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
I do think that India poses a bigger challenge for England.
1) The current Indian test team have guys who can bat long, especially in these conditions. Bangladeshi batsmen are mostly only good for cameos, perhaps Tamim apart. India has Vijay, Rahul, Pujara, Kohli and Rahane who can all score 200s.
2) Indian seam attack is better than Bangladesh's. Shami especially can reverse swing it quite well, Yadav too. Bhuvi if conditions are good for conventional swing.

In terms of spin bowling, I agree I don't think Ashwin and Jadeja are significantly better than Mehedi, Shakib, Taijul etc in these conditions.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I agree I don't think Ashwin and Jadeja are significantly better than Mehedi,
Bro, He has just started his career.. Don't forget Ajantha Mendis was also a sensation when he started but where is he now? Wait Until the batsmen figure it out... (Copied straight from Cricinfo)

EDIT: Still, Bangladesh played really well and Mehedi is a promising bowler

ESPNCricinfo said:
Rudra Varma: "With all due respect to Mehedi, even Mendis was a sensation in his early days. Wait till batsmen figure out this kid. If he is equally good even after few series, then he can be called a sensation" That is indeed his challenge

Last edited:

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Being a die hard cricket fan, I watch almost all the games that are telecasted on TV irrespective of teams playing in that series. When Bangladesh needed 33 runs off the final days play in the 1st test, we could've seen that team winning it but lack of wickets in hand ended Bangladesh as losing side.

Coming back and playing the game forgetting to the past is what the Bangladesh team has done. Shakib has improved in bowling way lot more than he was couple of years ago. Mehedi, a youngster who has done it (won the match). Bangladesh has very bright future in tests. If England can't survive against Bangladesh's spin attack, then they can't survive against Indian spin attack too. Ashwin is at the peak of his career performance and same with Jadeja. England batsmen and bowlers will be facing a tough challenge this time in India.

Congrats to Bangladesh Cricket team and their fans. You deserved that win though you guys even deserved the series win for your performance against a top class test team. :)

Users who are viewing this thread