English Domestic Cricket 2007

Animator!

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It was going to be one of his last games, he was going to play for the rest of the season. Suspected dislocated shoulder is what he has, apparently.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
The ECB has announced new formats for the Friends Provident and Twenty20 Cup for 2008.

For the FP, teams will now play in 4 groups of 5 teams (The 18 1st class plus Scotland and Ireland). Each team will play the others in the group home and away, unlike the current format where you play only once but against more teams. The top 2 teams from each group will then go forward to Quarter finals.

For Twenty20, the group stages have been tidied up a bit, the 3 regional groups remain but teams will now play 5 home and 5 away games.

Teams will now play much more "regional" cricket, I'm not sure if this a good thing, while it is good to watch a local derby and it is of course cheaper and easier to attend away matches, the teams will now play a less varied opposition unless they progress past the group stages of course!

Also interesting is no announcement has been made concerning the Pro40, the competition that is expected to suffer most after the Scofield report.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe the ecb read this thread - god help us!

All 3 CCh Div1 matches have finished with a day to spare. It's looking fairly tight at the top now with Lancs moving into top spot and Durham throwing themselves into the mix. At the other end of the table glorious Kent (:p) keep their record as the only side never to have played in division 2 since the championship was spit, while Warks join Worcs in division 2 next season.

Sureshot

Executive member
Disappointing defeat, looks like Rana has played his last game for Sussex too. Maybe we have the easiest last day fixture, though? I might try getting down to Hove on Thursday/Friday/Saturday.

----------

Can someone tell me who was in the com box for the Worcs vs Gloucs game, he was on with Paul Allot for the 2nd stint of the Worcs innings.

Ta.

Last edited:

dikon

Club Cricketer
Disappointing defeat, looks like Rana has played his last game for Sussex too. Maybe we have the easiest last day fixture, though? I might try getting down to Hove on Thursday/Friday/Saturday.

----------

Can someone tell me who was in the com box for the Worcs vs Gloucs game, he was on with Paul Allot for the 2nd stint of the Worcs innings.

Ta.
Not sure who was on at that time as i wasn't watching but Usman Afzaal and David Fulton were both commentating all the rest were regulars i think.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Played at Sydney didn't he? The last English spinner to win a Test in Australia. :D

Sky will probably be showing one of next week's crucial CC games live won't they? They usually do. They had Sussex last year and Notts the year before for their final (championship winning) games.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Fantastic. Seeing as how Lancs are in the driving seat, it's only fair that our game at the Oval should be televised. Although i'm rather wary of that seeing as how we never do as well on telly as we do off it.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Fantastic. Seeing as how Lancs are in the driving seat, it's only fair that our game at the Oval should be televised. Although i'm rather wary of that seeing as how we never do as well on telly as we do off it.

Seems that whenever Sky show a Lancashire game it's either a boring draw, or you get some freak occurrence like the August hailstorm in Stratford a few years ago.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
At least if they do show us it'll be down south. That way we don't have to listen to the insufferable Northern stereotypes by Colville and co. There's only so many times you can pretend to laugh at "It aint half grim up north" or "This is a scorcher for Manchester".

Users who are viewing this thread