English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters

davidba90

School Cricketer
Does anyone know if The Cricket Paper is running this year? Thought they would have published an issue by now, or at least advertised when it is coming out.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That guy deserved an IPL contract
Would rather have him play some county to be honest. Selfish reason perhaps but I think he can push Rahane harder for a spot and I've followed his career for quite a while. Let's just say that the challenges he overcame were extraordinary.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Cracker to start the Blast. Nottinghamshire cruising 76/0 after 6, chasing 153. Then some wickets and good bowling (Moeen 2 for 15) from Worcestershire dragged it back. 6 needed off the last over but Worcestershire hang on. Ends in a tie (no super over for some reason).

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Cracker to start the Blast. Nottinghamshire cruising 76/0 after 6, chasing 153. Then some wickets and good bowling (Moeen 2 for 15) from Worcestershire dragged it back. 6 needed off the last over but Worcestershire hang on. Ends in a tie (no super over for some reason).
I like not having a super over. Super overs should be the sole preserve of knockout games imo

Also, young Darren Stevens had a cracking game. Could have a bright future in the game if he keeps getting opportunities.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I like not having a super over. Super overs should be the sole preserve of knockout games imo

Also, young Darren Stevens had a cracking game. Could have a bright future in the game if he keeps getting opportunities.
I'm really surprised he's not played as much in the last couple of years. He's got all the right qualities, hopefully he can have a longer and fruitful career. Could solve England's number 7 problem too.

Aislabie

Ireland
Will Jacks has just absolutely flayed a fifteen-ball fifty. Absolutely oozing quality (including one hit onto the roof of the Lord's grandstand) and absolutely no slogging either.

Meanwhile Jason Roy at the other end hasn't really been giving him the strike much. Baffling.

One other thing that I don't understand is why Mark Butcher said in the build-up to this match that Surrey were lacking seam bowling. They have SCurran, TCurran, Clark, JOverton and Dunn. They'll be alright

Aislabie

Ireland
Jason Roy is a massive knob. Taking most of the strike while scoring at less than a third of the rate Jacks was, and then crowning that by running him out.

Users who are viewing this thread