English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Okay, so there's a player that everyone seems to be sleeping on at the moment.

Jordan Thompson carted Northants today; while it's true that most people have been doing that this season, it is notable because it pushes his career strike rate with the bat up to 180.2. He also hits a six every 7.8 balls he faces, and his batting average is up around 24; if any franchises are looking for a proper value for money all-rounder then this is the guy they need to pick up. And yes, I said all-rounder - he bowls at a fairly brisk pace, and although his economy is a bit high, a first-class bowling average of only 20.72 certainly suggests he's got the fundamentals pretty much sorted.

1624742432221.png
A player who I hope has an Irish grandparent and matching passport.

Jack7

Club Cricketer
I was disappointed to see Hampshire draw with Surrey. But it is what it is. Weather played a big factor.

Jack7

Club Cricketer
Has now been picked up by a Hundred team. Speaking of which, with players' stats in the Hundred actually count towards any career numbers?
Hopefully Cricinfo and Cricbuzz put a 100 column for stats. They should have put a T10 column for T10s, but seems they've been lazy.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
England have had to replace and entire squad. Kent did too. Derbyshire and Essex abandoned after a positive test.

But Freedom Day next week.
421.gif

Users who are viewing this thread