English Football Thread 2013/14

Who will win the Premiership?

• Total voters

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
As War said, the statistics show he was one of, if not the best England players a few years back. As for the few good games, it was more like a good season overall.

Very entertaining game against Hull today and a great comeback from 2-0 down away from home. Five points off the lead again. :)

He had a good season at Aston Villa, his first season at Utd was decent but he wasn't living up to the price and he wasn't as good as Valencia.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
have to say the referees have been very kind to man city of late.

The petrodollars seem to have an effect..

They do deserve some luck though, they got burned versus Aston Villa long ago.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
So the scumbag owner gives mackay the boot...he's just asking for trouble isn't he?, or he seems to liken the idea of the fans' retaliation. First the jersey, then the logo and finally the man who got them to the premier league. A LOT to pay for selling out; worse when their owner has in view is only a vicious approach to capitalism.

Glad for Mackay, he is out of the mess he didn't deserve. Cardiff's fans don't deserve it either; hard to even bet on the radical changes that followed after the takeover, But you can argue they let the culture of the club slip out of their grasp.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/wales/25526438

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
1505565_402529679879984_407379302_n.jpg

Feel sorry for Mckay, he did such a good job at Cardiff. I'm sure we'll see him back in football management very soon.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mackay will most likely find a job soon, most probably at Norwich. He's got a good reputation over there.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Man United were lucky today. We deserved a point at the very least. :(

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Huddlestone was amazing against Fulham. If he starts to put in consistent performances like that then he's got to be a candidate for Brazil.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
OMFG why always you? Maybe that is why I said 3 to City. But come on you got to admit this game should have been a draw or a win to Liverpool.

Because I'm objective eternal. ;)

Skrtel trying to take Kompany's shirt off at every corner does not equate to 1 extra goal on this if game you're playing with me, it would be a sending off and your side playing a large part of the game with 10 men.

Credit where credit is due, Liverpool played quite well, especially given our home record and most definitely deserved a draw, but anything else is pushing it.

Highlander999

ICC President
Here is hoping the mighty Toon can cause another upset today. Already got the scalps of Man U, Chelski, Spurs and drew with Liverpool with 10 men so here is hoping....

Also, if we win today and Liverpool and Everton lose we will be sitting on the same points as Liverpool in 4th. Maybe then people will start to take us seriously in challenging for CL. To date I have loved the arrogance of the media and "Big Club" fans who seem to think they are the only ones who can challenge for Champions League qualification. Hopefully either ourselves or Everton can give them a nasty surprise this season!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Utd were crap in the first half, then on comes... guess who... yep, Welbeck and everything turns around.

Time some people here gave the guy a break I think...

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Utd were crap in the first half, then on comes... guess who... yep, Welbeck and everything turns around.

After a few good appearances..? That isn't even a proper purple patch yet let alone a sign of quality. Especially for strikers, it's so common to see a striker go on a short run where they are good, then they return to being complete crap!

----------

Here is hoping the mighty Toon can cause another upset today. Already got the scalps of Man U, Chelski, Spurs and drew with Liverpool with 10 men so here is hoping....

Also, if we win today and Liverpool and Everton lose we will be sitting on the same points as Liverpool in 4th. Maybe then people will start to take us seriously in challenging for CL. To date I have loved the arrogance of the media and "Big Club" fans who seem to think they are the only ones who can challenge for Champions League qualification. Hopefully either ourselves or Everton can give them a nasty surprise this season!

That didn't go too well for you, completely agree about the media though. For some reason Liverpool are seen as more likely to reach the CL when Everton have finished ahead of them for the past few seasons and have been more consistent.

In my opinion though it'd be hard for you guys to finish ahead of Everton, they are so consistent and won't fade any time soon. Liverpool on the other hand could be passed if they mess up a bit, but you guys will need top form for that.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

He didn't have to do much. The deflections which put him through were very fortunate, all he had to do was round the keeper and score.

From what I saw yesterday, granted United were without Rooney and van Persie, I can't see them finishing in the top 4.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
^Oh my gosh, I was going down the page and see English Football thread, thread and the name next to it I though was Skrtel but it turned out to be Skater..:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread