ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
My theory is that if Goofy weren't standing where he was then Hart would've made a diving save but because he was there it distracted him.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
My theory is that if Goofy weren't standing where he was then Hart would've made a diving save but because he was there it distracted him.

Since when does that keeper qualify for offside to be called? Keepers are often unsighted, in freekicks for example the opposing team does it on purpose by putting someone in the wall. It's allowed...

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Gouffran is offside and is interfering with play = No goal :thumbs

Abhas

Retired Administrator
There have been many instances where players have been in offside positions, yet the goals stood.
I vividly remember Defoe, standing offside, and jumped over the ball to prevent contact, and the goal stood. That was definitely more interfering than what Gouffran did.

Highlander999

ICC President
I've about calmed down to comment on this now. This is pretty much the exact same situation as his Arsenal wonder strike and that was fine. Mike Jones had no control of the game yesterday, a totally shocking display from him with terrible decisions against both sides. He should hang his head in shame but again this goes back to same old question about using technology and how at such a level you can have officials making such mistakes. On the goal, his assistant did not call it offside as none of the players interfered, yet, Mike Jones said that Gouffran was blocking Hart's view, when he spoke to Pardew. The only players blocking Hart's view and interfering with play were his own defenders which was why he didn't dive as he saw it late - BECAUSE OF THEM!

The fact that Mike Jones was meant to be officiating games this weekend and has now vanished from the list speaks volumes...

War

Chairman of Selectors
^^

Ye after looking at it a few times, would have to agree with this position. Hart fooled the ref with his complaining ha..

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
This is pretty much the exact same situation as his Arsenal wonder strike and that was fine.

I disagree.

The goal against Arsenal was different because as highlighted the player who is off side on this occasion isn't interfering with play because he is to the left hand side of the goalkeeper and the ball goes to right hand side.

wIoSi7j.png

Abhas

Retired Administrator
You're trying to suggest, if Joe Hart would have dived, he would have made the save?
He would have had his arm blown off.

Highlander999

ICC President
But the reason given by Mike Jones is that Gouffran was blocking Hart's view. It has nothing to do with what side of the goal the ball went in, Hart didn't move because his defenders were blocking his view.

Are you suggesting then, that if the defenders had not been lined up and Hart had a clear line of Tiote, he wouldn't have dived as Gouffran was vaguely near him?

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Well if the referee has said that then he is an idiot because Gouffran isn't blocking Hart's view. BUT I do still think that he is interfering with play.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I did one last to last season, where towards the end, we could have been pushing for the 4th spot, but didn't happen unfortunately.
Here is an EPL prediction sheet for the top 7 clubs, who are most likely going to challenge for the top 6 spots.
On the basis of my predictions, I see City winning the league, with Arsenal 2nd, and Chelsea and Liverpool fighting for the 3rd and 4th spot.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alhrrl42nNs7dEI1NUVLM3R1VGdUd1RwYk1IYVhiWmc&usp=sharing

PS: You may feel there is a little bias for Liverpool, and a little against Man Utd, but I can assure you, I simply put in the predictions, and made the table later. Also, I didn't put in much thought for Man Utd and Spurs, because I got bored.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Freedman OUT!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Credit where it's due, John Terry had a good game today.

Users who are viewing this thread