English Football Thread 2013/14

Who will win the Premiership?

• Total voters

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
We won a game of football.

Thank%2BGod%2Bfor%2Bthat...%2BI%2Bwas%2Blosing%2Bfaith%2Bin%2Bhumanity%2B_a58f5f22a7d2e7d92df371e9d2c48392.jpg

It's beginning to feel that way when Utd win as well...

----------

I think Man Utd are actually having a good season, just look at the injuries they have faced thus far.

You do realise that Man Utd are rarely found outside the top three, don't you? Where are we now - seventh? Eighth? We're a goddamn midtable team after being Champions last season!

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
^I understand the feel. :p But seriously, stop putting anger on Moyes, I mean just look at the injuries United had so far this season and compare that to last season. Or maybe Moyes is going to rough on the players. :spy

Highlander999

ICC President

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
^I understand the feel. :p But seriously, stop putting anger on Moyes, I mean just look at the injuries United had so far this season and compare that to last season. Or maybe Moyes is going to rough on the players. :spy

I just don't think Moyes has the dressing room, or ever did have it to start with. There is only one thing that has changed between us being Champions and a midtable team - that's the manager. A while back, Giggs said that the start to the season had nothing to do with the change of manager - come off it, Giggsy mate, seriously.

I think a 'transitional' period is acceptable, but not one that involves us becoming a midtable team. A big team like Utd cannot spend too much time in midtable - we need a lot of new players, but the top players are not going to want to play for Europa League spots...

War

Chairman of Selectors
The form of Negredo & Diego Costa across in La Liga is so lethal right now - Spain don't need to worry about the decline of Villa/Torres no more. They have the strike force now to easily win the world cup

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The form of Negredo & Diego Costa across in La Liga is so lethal right now - Spain don't need to worry about the decline of Villa/Torres no more. They have the strike force now to easily win the world cup

Again....

Hopefully someone else will win this time.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What a game that was, Sunderland fully deserve to go through.

De Gea :facepalm:lol

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Would be a disgrace for Man City to win it, the trophy is meant for smaller clubs like Sunderland so I hope they thrash City.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think the Europa League spot which goes to the winners of the League Cup goes to the 6th placed team in the Premier League rather than the runners up if the team who wins the cup is already qualified for Europe, so that could provide a lifeline to Man United. 6th place and a place in Europe!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
So we lost AGAIN

Yep. Becoming familiar territory now, eh? Still, we had the chances. Hernandez miss was terrible and Januzaj's sliced shot - we had chances to put the game to bed, and we hit the post as well.

Still, well done Sunderland and good luck in the final because you're gonna need it.

----------

Man Utd are better off not in Europe at all, more time to focus on the league.

Yep, rather than slogging around Europe playing teams no one's ever heard of. Then again, for Utd not to be in Europe at all would be very damaging.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
The benefits outweigh the negatives. Man Utd needs to focus on the league, and the Europa League harming their league form can't happen, that far outweighs the problem of not being in Europe at all.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Indeed. You only really need to look at Roma, Sporting Lisbon and Liverpool's seasons so far, as a result of being absent in Europe.

That said, I think next season's EL winners will qualify for the following season's Champions League (not sure), so teams might take it a tad more seriously I guess..

Either way, don't think Utd will finish outside top four now that they're getting Mata.

Users who are viewing this thread