English Football Thread 2013/14

Who will win the Premiership?

• Total voters

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The Europa league spot argument is bang on. Need City to win so there isn't just one place available in the league.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Although Man Utd would love to challenge for the 4th spot, they run a risk of spoiling their next season if they end up in Europa League.
On current form, I don't see them going past 5th, and most likely they should end up 6th. They would be praying for City to lose.
Teams in EL get stuck in EL, because they can't progress in the league.
Oofcourse, I'm being overly critical of EL, but the truth is, it's not competition you would love to be in.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I think we can agree that the top 3 are set but I don't see Liverpool lasting the pace and I'm pretty sure we'll manage to screw up our tilt at fourth as well.
Spurs are flaky so I still think Utd can get 4th. Van Persie, Rooney and Mata looks like a very decent strikeforce to me (with Januzaj in the mix as well).
If they can get them all fit...

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Key will be getting Mata back to speed and keeping Rooney and van Persie out of the treatment room. If they can do that, they could even mount an assault on 3rd. If they can't, it'd be Liverpool or Everton for sure.

I don't see Tottenham keeping their form up, I expect them to finish behind Liverpool, Everton and Man Utd. Any higher than that and they're very, very lucky.

Everton look to be fading a bit but I hope it's just a minor blip, and same with Liverpool. I still see both of them as having much better squads than Man Utd and I think either could go the distance and get the CL spot. Liverpool have Suarez, Everton have their solid defence. They will be key for the rest of the season.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Apparently, Sir Alex reckons we can still win the League.

I think it's time to stop drinking so much red wine....

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Did anyone else see the Oviedo injury? I wasn't watching the game live but I've seen a replay of it and it looks really nasty. He was playing really well and had forced his way into the team, very unfortunate.

Lee1981

International Coach
Taking my boy to Chelsea game today.

It's his first time watching the first team live today, shame he didn't get a chance to see Mata in blue.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Anyone else in the UK think that BT Sport's coverage of the PL is abysmal? Apart from the fact that they've actually brought in some decent commentators now, really couldn't bear Michael Owen. Also looks like Andy Gray is making a return too...hmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread