English Football Thread 2016/17

Who will win the league this season?

• Total voters

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Bournemouth are probably (other then the other top teams) my least favourite team. What they did was great but I'm sure they got taken over and essentially became rich although I might be wrong

Bournemouth are by no means rich. Have always had a soft spot for them as they were the first team I went to watch live, plus I used to spend a lot of time there, as it had far more going on than Southampton back in my late teenage years. They've got a great young manager in Eddie Howe and I'd like to see them stay up but it's going to be tough for them.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Bournemouth are by no means rich. Have always had a soft spot for them as they were the first team I went to watch live, plus I used to spend a lot of time there, as it had far more going on than Southampton back in my late teenage years. They've got a great young manager in Eddie Howe and I'd like to see them stay up but it's going to be tough for them.

Oh well I heard somewhere that them and Watford were both financially backed which annoyed me on how people were praising how amazing their ascendance was when in reality they had a investor pushing them forward. Still gonna support Sunderland as my lower BPL team and that means I need as many people getting relagated so immediatly I want them to do badly...

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Oh well I heard somewhere that them and Watford were both financially backed which annoyed me on how people were praising how amazing their ascendance was when in reality they had a investor pushing them forward

Are there many teams that don't have this set up? Whether it's a chairman or a consortium, I would say that this is the standard template for the majority of clubs.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Are there many teams that don't have this set up? Whether it's a chairman or a consortium, I would say that this is the standard template for the majority of clubs.

Could very well be, still have a feeling that they are overpraised...

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
@IceAgeComing Having read somewhere that you follow Scottish football (first mistake), I was wondering whether you've watched any of Rangers' games. Would like to know how Zelalem is progressing and if he is setting the league on fire...

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why would I watch Rangers play football, they're shit

Patrick Thistle however...

are also shit, but in an endearing way

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
I'm hearing that if Chelsea loses to Liverpool, Mourinho will be sacked? But they lost again today and Arsenal also lost, Liverpool should just really not flop tomorrow now.

Excommunicado

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'm hearing that if Chelsea loses to Liverpool, Mourinho will be sacked? But they lost again today and Arsenal also lost, Liverpool should just really not flop tomorrow now.

Apparently he has 2 more games to prove his worth; nonetheless should be sacked, the guy has too much arrogance. The premier league needs to see a bunch of new managers replacing people like Arsene Wenger, LVG. Anyways if Mourinho gets sacked, we could see Carlo Ancelotti return?..

I'm a Manchester United fan, supported them since childhood though I'm surprised 5 people actually voted for them to win the league, on the poll, since all they have been receiving lately is criticism.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
José Mourinho sacked by Chelsea – live updates! | Football | The Guardian

Not a wise decision. He'll be leaving the club for second time as a Chelsea manager.:( Whoever comes in his place would need to organize our players and has to evoke the best from them. Now that's exactly something Jose has had tried out since we began to aim title defense. Title has gone already(I feel 4th spot slips too with this); now a wait to see what's left in the rest of the season.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
After long time i saw full Premier league match... Leicester rocking in 1st half, little bit of luck in there side... but, 2nd half is totally different, unnecessary aggression and red cards bring them backwards... after Arsenal's 1st goal, they are fully charged and play shot after shot on goal, but little luck and good finish are missing in them... Jamie Vardy helpless in 2nd half, Leicester totally on defense... but last minute magic goal of Welbeck gave 3 points to home side... I really enjoy the match, last 20-25 minutes are really exciting...

Users who are viewing this thread