ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I now look like a bit of a fool for not including Leicester in the poll...

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
David Luiz on the brink of sensational switch to PSG with Chelsea star set to become world's most expensive defender in mega deal close to ?50million | Mail Online

David Luiz is one of our best and most valuable players, wanted by Bayern, Barca and PSG. If I was in charge I won?t even sell him for that amount, that is how much I rate him. He is perfect in the pivot with Matic and I still consider him a better defender than Cahill, he just needs to be handed more responsibility, like say making him vice captain if Lamps doesn?t come back. His few lapses are always over blown, making him out to be some sort of calamity at the back. All our defenders made equal and for some, even more mistakes than Luiz but it?s normally overlooked. He is miles ahead of all our central midfielders except maybe Matic. Everybody seems to have forgotten how much he is missed in the team whenever he is injured. Luiz is a rare breed of player that is excellent in 2 positions.

Remember the hate this post got? lmao. We're missing a technically competent CB, a technically competent DM and leaders. Luiz was exactly those.

No amount of money can replace a quality player.

Oh, and his brain farts are no more than those of Ramos, Hummels, Koscielny, Stones and Pique. Ball-playing CBs are always prone to errors. Always.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
All I know is you must have some like replica David Luiz haircut which is affecting your brain somehow.

Don't think I've ever read a post like above, so full of absolute crap.

Today go the barbers and go get a skin head please, and come back when your ready

Yep, but it's quite clear he is being brought to play CB. Still, that money for a DM makes no sense either. Javi Martinez for ?40 m was seen as an eye-watering fee for a DM, and he is twice the player Luiz will ever be.

Sick of all these overrated Luiz and Hummels type defenders.

----------

So you're saying if Luiz is worth more than ?50 m, but Mati? is better than him, then Mati? must be worth more than Gareth Bale? Ha.

Since when do the teams pursuing players have anything to do with the quality of the players in question:facepalm.

Luiz is horrible. Horrible signing for so much in the first place.

Let's face it. ALMIGHTY TWEAKING MALDINI IN HIS PRIME WOULDN'T HAVE SOLD FOR ?50 M!!!!!

----------

Davoo you deserve a ban for your posts in this thread.

YEP YEP YEP.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
^ I think Lee and thedon don't see this place anymore.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Leicester win their next game and Spurs and Arsenal drop points, then Leicester would walk away with the title for me.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Leicester win their next game and Spurs and Arsenal drop points, then Leicester would walk away with the title for me.
Still wouldn't say it's already in the bank for Leicester. Man Utd and Chealsea in the last 3 rounds ain't gonna be easy.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Still wouldn't say it's already in the bank for Leicester. Man Utd and Chealsea in the last 3 rounds ain't gonna be easy.
they drop six points that's the worst scenario right?
They win their next game and Spurs and Arsenal lose they'll have like a 8/9 point cushion. Anything could happen yes, but their recents results have been 1-0s and that's how champions do it. I personally think Arsenal are too inconsistent, the pressure is getting to Spurs and Leicester just relying on defending well as a unit in the game and if they see any gaps they go for the attack. I think it's Leicester's title clear cut winners for me.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
they drop six points that's the worst scenario right?
They win their next game and Spurs and Arsenal lose they'll have like a 8/9 point cushion. Anything could happen yes, but their recents results have been 1-0s and that's how champions do it. I personally think Arsenal are too inconsistent, the pressure is getting to Spurs and Leicester just relying on defending well as a unit in the game and if they see any gaps they go for the attack. I think it's Leicester's title clear cut winners for me.
Arsenal are out of it for me. They're the South Africa of football. Always among the favourites, but choke at the decisive moment. Spurs could still do it, but they'll need Kane to perform very well, and of course a couple of slip-ups from Leicester. As you said, they've been defending very well, and I hope they do it. If they do, Kantè should be named player of the season. The guy's been as much fundamental as Vardy and Mahrez, if not more.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Arsenal are out of it for me. They're the South Africa of football. Always among the favourites, but choke at the decisive moment. Spurs could still do it, but they'll need Kane to perform very well, and of course a couple of slip-ups from Leicester. As you said, they've been defending very well, and I hope they do it. If they do, Kantè should be named player of the season. The guy's been as much fundamental as Vardy and Mahrez, if not more.
Can't argue with that, so many people are lost in the Mahrez and Vardy party they don't realise how crucial Kantè has been for Leicester I wouldn't mind having him at Liverpool.

I have already bet 10M on LCFC! At 17, If I win I'll get 170M! Won't mind you guys a 5M each. ;)

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I wouldn't mind having him at Liverpool.
I don't think he'd want to take a backwards step in his career :p. On a more serious note, I think if Leicester want to be more than a flash in the pan, they shouldn't sell any of their big players.

Users who are viewing this thread