Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Leicester city has finally done it. A memorable year for every football fan. My respect to Claudio Ranieri.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Manchester United has Zlatan now. Correction, Zlatan has Manchester United now.

aXwx3wv_460s.jpg

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Manchester United has Zlatan now. Correction, Zlatan has Manchester United now.

aXwx3wv_460s.jpg
This man don't have the fear of life after death when god will ask the questions about sins.

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Zlatan Ibrahimovic likes making an instant impact...

Serie A debut: GOAL
La Liga debut: GOAL
Ligue 1 debut: GOAL
Champions League debut: GOAL
Premier League debut: GOAL

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Sam Allardyce sacked as England manager after 67 days

• 1 game
• 1 win
• 1 clean sheet
• 100% win record

Greatest ever England manager.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
^Wrong thread Salman.
But feeling bad for him.
What about EPL currently Pep & Klopp are ruling it.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Pep not so much ruling it now, what difference a few weeks make eh? :rolleyes

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pep not so much ruling it now, what difference a few weeks make eh? :rolleyes
He's overrated. Always wins with teams who can afford to sign whoever they want. And not a great human either, going by the way he treats senior players.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
He's overrated. Always wins with teams who can afford to sign whoever they want. And not a great human either, going by the way he treats senior players.
Yeah, that's what it means to manage at top clubs? It's what you do with those resources that count, 21 trophies in 7 years, 6 league titles in 7 years and semis of the CL every year... As far as the attack on his man management skills go, he has only mistreated 1 "senior player" and that was Ibra who isn't exactly an angel himself.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
As far as the attack on his man management skills go, he has only mistreated 1 "senior player" and that was Ibra who isn't exactly an angel himself.
Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deco, Hart, Toure? And only him could waste a player like Ibra in his prime.
It's what you do with those resources that count, 21 trophies in 7 years, 6 league titles in 7 years and semis of the CL every year
It would've been a failure if he hadn't won everything every season with the teams he posessed. In Germany he was always going to win the league every year, yet he failed to win the CL with a monstruous squad. Played Lahm as defensive mid, Alaba as centre back. And Gotze went from being one of the best young players in the world at Dortmund to a bench warmer.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deco, Hart, Toure? And only him could waste a player like Ibra in his prime.

I'll go one by one and address the Ibra situation in greater detail.

Ronaldinho: Was without a doubt my favorite player growing up and was instrumental in Barca winning the CL in 2006 but what transpired in the 2 following campaigns was interesting to say the least, he was always known as a bit of a party animal but it never was a real issue because he would deliver on the pitch, well this had changed by the end of the 07-08 season when Frank Rijkaard was sacked after Barca went 2 campaigns without winning anything, finished 3rd in the league 10 points behind 2nd place Villarreal in the 07-08 season. Ronaldinho during this time many a time came to training hungover and would actually sleep at the club headquarters... A disruptive player who's disruptions were no longer worth putting up with because he was no longer "that good".

Deco: When Barca won the CL in 2006, Xavi and Iniesta were on the bench but by 2008 they had broke into the starting XI and were threatening to eclipse Deco, who like Ronaldinho was on the downward spiral and surely you can't blame Pep for backing Xavi and Iniesta over Deco given what these 2 went onto accomplish under Pep lol?

Eto'o: The only 1 of the trio that Pep also wanted to sell after he took over as manager but ended up keeping after he proved his worth in preseason, played regularly at striker in the 1 year he was there under Pep in a treble winning season, eventually sold in a money + player deal for Ibra. I've obviously painted a positive picture here and there was definitely problems between the 2 but none of it really mattered in the end because despite it all it was a successful campaign for both player and coach.

Ibra: Pep wanted him, Ibra wanted Barca, it felt like a match made in heaven... but problems started arising when Messi, who by then had become the best player in the world wanted to be played through the middle, a position he never gave up until the arrival of Suarez after he knew Barca had become too reliant on him and it was weighing down their bid to the win the CL again (for e.g. Villa was deployed at LW whenever Messi was played). Pep obviously budged to Messi's request however he tried this 4-5-1 of sorts with the both of them central but it didn't prove to be a success and I'm sure we're both aware of everything that followed.

Hart: As much as it pained me to see him leave he simply wasn't going to fit Pep's system, Pep gave him the option of staying and learning to play with the ball at his feet but considering his England's place was already under threat this wasn't a risk he could take and thus had to go elsewhere for 1st team football, sad even typing this. :(

Toure: A City legend who's legacy has been tarnished by many nonsensical feuds his agent has decided to have in public with the club going back to the infamous "Cakegate". Toure has spent the better part of the last 2 seasons just strolling about the pitch when we don't have the ball, making us essentially defend a man down and not exactly setting the world alight even with the ball. Pep with his intense pressing game was never going to put up with his sort of discipline, he too was given the option to leave or simply get with the program (run more, take part in the counter-pressing), he's instead picked a 3rd option of collecting his £220k a week cheque and getting his agent involved in yet another public feud with the club.

You seem to confuse mistreatment with simply doing what's best for the team, mistreatment is what Mourinho is doing to Schweinsteiger by making him train with the reserves ffs.

It would've been a failure if he hadn't won everything every season with the teams he posessed. In Germany he was always going to win the league every year, yet he failed to win the CL with a monstruous squad. Played Lahm as defensive mid, Alaba as centre back. And Gotze went from being one of the best young players in the world at Dortmund to a bench warmer.
So Carlo Ancelotti is a failure? His record with league titles is quite average given the team's he's managed and I guess Jose Mourinho is a failure too considering he could never deliver the CL for Real with the most expensive team ever assembled?

Lahm as DM and Alaba as CB, the latter only ever happened in a back 3 where you need pace at LCB and RCB to deal with 1v1s with wingers, but his idea in bringing Lahm to the middle was that he was far too intelligent a player and passer to just be used as a RB in the Dani Alves mold.

As far as Gotze is concerned he just never settled in at Bayern and was never able to consistently beat any of the others in his position to a starting place in a squad you yourself called monstrous, and it's a trend with players leaving Dortmund sadly (other than Lewandowski that is), Sahin went to Real, benched, went on loan to Liverpool and eventually came back to Dortmund, same with Kagawa at United and now Mkhitaryan again at United though it's still very early in the season.

P.S. Sorry for the long post, just love football too much. ;)

Last edited:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'll go one by one and address the Ibra situation in greater detail.

Ronaldinho: Was without a doubt my favorite player growing up and was instrumental in Barca winning the CL in 2006 but what transpired in the 2 following campaigns was interesting to say the least, he was always known as a bit of a party animal but it never was a real issue because he would deliver on the pitch, well this had changed by the end of the 07-08 season when Frank Rijkaard was sacked after Barca went 2 campaigns without winning anything, finished 3rd in the league 10 points behind 2nd place Villarreal in the 07-08 season. Ronaldinho during this time many a time came to training hungover and would actually sleep at the club headquarters... A disruptive player who's disruptions were no longer worth putting up with because he was no longer "that good".

Deco: When Barca won the CL in 2006, Xavi and Iniesta were on the bench but by 2008 they had broke into the starting XI and were threatening to eclipse Deco, who like Ronaldinho was on the downward spiral and surely you can't blame Pep for backing Xavi and Iniesta over Deco given what these 2 went onto accomplish under Pep lol?

Eto'o: The only 1 of the trio that Pep also wanted to sell after he took over as manager but ended up keeping after he proved his worth in preseason, played regularly at striker in the 1 year he was there under Pep in a treble winning season, eventually sold in a money + player deal for Ibra. I've obviously painted a positive picture here and there was definitely problems between the 2 but none of it really mattered in the end because despite it all it was a successful campaign for both player and coach.

Ibra: Pep wanted him, Ibra wanted Barca, it felt like a match made in heaven... but problems started arising when Messi, who by then had become the best player in the world wanted to be played through the middle, a position he never gave up until the arrival of Suarez after he knew Barca had become too reliant on him and it was weighing down their bid to the win the CL again (for e.g. Villa was deployed at LW whenever Messi was played). Pep obviously budged to Messi's request however he tried this 4-5-1 of sorts with the both of them central but it didn't prove to be a success and I'm sure we're both aware of everything that followed.

Hart: As much as it pained me to see him leave he simply wasn't going to fit Pep's system, Pep gave him the option of staying and learning to play with the ball at his feet but considering his England's place was already under threat this wasn't a risk he could take and thus had to go elsewhere for 1st team football, sad even typing this. :(

Toure: A City legend who's legacy has been tarnished by many nonsensical feuds his agent has decided to have in public with the club going back to the infamous "Cakegate". Toure has spent the better part of the last 2 seasons just strolling about the pitch when we don't have the ball, making us essentially defend a man down and not exactly setting the world alight even with the ball. Pep with his intense pressing game was never going to put up with his sort of discipline, he too was given the option to leave or simply get with the program (run more, take part in the counter-pressing), he's instead picked a 3rd option of collecting his £220k a week cheque and getting his agent involved in yet another public feud with the club.

You seem to confuse mistreatment with simply doing what's best for the team, mistreatment is what Mourinho is doing to Schweinsteiger by making him train with the reserves ffs.

So Carlo Ancelotti is a failure? His record with league titles is quite average given the team's he's managed and I guess Jose Mourinho is a failure too considering he could never deliver the CL for Real with the most expensive team ever assembled?

Lahm as DM and Alaba as CB, the latter only ever happened in a back 3 where you need pace at LCB and RCB to deal with 1v1s with wingers, but his idea in bringing Lahm to the middle was that he was far too intelligent a player and passer to just be used as a RB in the Dani Alves mold.

As far as Gotze is concerned he just never settled in at Bayern and was never able to consistently beat any of the others in his position to a starting place in a squad you yourself called monstrous, and it's a trend with players leaving Dortmund sadly (other than Lewandowski that is), Sahin went to Real, benched, went on loan to Liverpool and eventually came back to Dortmund, same with Kagawa at United and now Mkhitaryan again at United though it's still very early in the season.

P.S. Sorry for the long post, just love football too much. ;)
In my opinion, he should've been more patient with Ronaldinho. He was too good a player, even if not at his peak. He did quite well for AC Milan.
With Deco, I'll concede his decision wasn't too bad.
Eto'o was sacrificed for Zlatan, who was then wasted to not upset Messi. Not very good management, I'd say.
Hart spent so many years at Man City, and was benched for Caballero and forced to move to a mediocre team (I'm a Juve fan :P) for not wanting to do something that is not the primary job of a GK.
I'll admit that I don't watch a lot of PL football, apart from big games, so I don't really know how Toure plays against "smaller" teams, but from his CL performances last season he didn't seem as lazy as you said to me. Perhaps for Guardiola he is.

Ancelotti's league failures with AC Milan were overshadowed by the Calciopoli scandal that affected Milan as well as Juve.
But he did win two CLs, and should've had a third. That Milan team had great players, but not as great as the ones at Guardiola's disposal. He narrowly missed out on La Liga in 2014, and no one would've stopped the Barça team of 2014/15.
If Bayern don't win the league it's a failure, because they're simply too good. To judge if the manager has done a good job you need to look at their CL performance. That's what I mean. Guardiola has been a failure at Bayern.
Heynckes' team was a perfect machine in Europe in his last two seasons. Guardiola's, not so much.
I might have been harsh in my initial assessment, but I don't think I'll ever change my opinion, unless Guardiola takes over a "Europa League team" like Valencia, AC Milan or Schalke 04 and takes them to success.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
In my opinion, he should've been more patient with Ronaldinho. He was too good a player, even if not at his peak. He did quite well for AC Milan.
Like I said with Ronaldinho it wasn't just his dip in form, he was a disruptive influence in the dressing room.
Eto'o was sacrificed for Zlatan, who was then wasted to not upset Messi. Not very good management, I'd say.
I'm curious what you would have done instead honestly lol.
Hart spent so many years at Man City, and was benched for Caballero and forced to move to a mediocre team (I'm a Juve fan :P) for not wanting to do something that is not the primary job of a GK.
It wasn't that Hart didn't want to do it, he was rather incapable of doing it, in Pep's system half the GK's job is playing out from the back and being comfortable on the ball, the other half being sweeping and shot stopping. I will however concede that Hart moving to a team of Torino's stature was unfortunate, though it was a combination of Hart joining up with the squad late into pre-season and Pep wanting to get a couple of weeks with Hart in training before coming to a conclusion that led to that, by the time all that had transpired most of the top team's had nailed down their starting GKs, all that not only affected where Hart ended up but also us seeing as Bravo hasn't exactly settled in too well.
I'll admit that I don't watch a lot of PL football, apart from big games, so I don't really know how Toure plays against "smaller" teams, but from his CL performances last season he didn't seem as lazy as you said to me. Perhaps for Guardiola he is.
I don't know what you saw him do in the CL but he was lazy irrespective of opponent and importance of the moment.
Ancelotti's league failures with AC Milan were overshadowed by the Calciopoli scandal that affected Milan as well as Juve.
But he did win two CLs, and should've had a third. That Milan team had great players, but not as great as the ones at Guardiola's disposal. He narrowly missed out on La Liga in 2014, and no one would've stopped the Barça team of 2014/15.
You seem to give a pass to Ancelotti for not stopping Barca in 14/15 but expect Pep to stop them in the CL... and I would say the same for the La Decima winning Real team in the CL, they were just unstoppable.
If Bayern don't win the league it's a failure, because they're simply too good. To judge if the manager has done a good job you need to look at their CL performance. That's what I mean. Guardiola has been a failure at Bayern.
Heynckes' team was a perfect machine in Europe in his last two seasons. Guardiola's, not so much.
If I recall correctly Heynckes lost the league and Pokal to Dortmund (and the CL final to Chelsea) the season before he delivered the treble in his final season... All I say is if Guardiola was such a failure at Bayern why were they so keen on keeping him? Because if you recall correctly it was his decision to leave, the club wanted an extension.
I might have been harsh in my initial assessment, but I don't think I'll ever change my opinion, unless Guardiola takes over a "Europa League team" like Valencia, AC Milan or Schalke 04 and takes them to success.
I know you've already written off anything Pep achieves with us because of our resources but given our (lack of) history in Europe, it would be a hell of an achievement to deliver us the CL. Milan is quite interesting on your list of teams though because going back to the time when Pep was having his sabbatical in New York, they were one of the team's courting him before he eventually decided on Bayern, but I'm sure Serie A will be his next stop after he's done with us so look out. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread