EURO 2016 qualifiers thread

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's gonna be long a boring with all the crap teams around i.e your San Marino's & Gibraltar - but it will obviously be interesting to see how the EURO giants & some mid-level EURO teams develop, thus it deserves a thread.

Fixtures: http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/Draws/02/06/14/61/2061461_DOWNLOAD.pdf[DOUBLEPOST=1410144196][/DOUBLEPOST]MATCHDAY 1 7 - 9 September 2014

7 September 18:00 Sunday Group D Georgia Republic of Ireland
7 September 20:45 Sunday Group D Germany Scotland
7 September 20:45 Sunday Group D Gibraltar Poland
7 September 18:00 Sunday Group F Hungary Northern Ireland
7 September 20:45 Sunday Group F Faroe Islands Finland
7 September 20:45 Sunday Group F Greece Romania
7 September 18:00 Sunday Group I Denmark Armenia
7 September 20:45 Sunday Group I Portugal Albania
8 September 20:45 Monday Group C Luxembourg Belarus
8 September 20:45 Monday Group C Spain FYR Macedonia
8 September 20:45 Monday Group C Ukraine Slovakia
8 September 20:45 Monday Group E Estonia Slovenia
8 September 20:45 Monday Group E San Marino Lithuania
8 September 20:45 Monday Group E Switzerland England
8 September 18:00 Monday Group G Russia Liechtenstein
8 September 20:45 Monday Group G Austria Sweden
8 September 20:45 Monday Group G Montenegro Moldova
9 September 18:00 Tuesday Group A Kazakhstan Latvia
9 September 20:45 Tuesday Group A Czech Republic Netherlands
9 September 20:45 Tuesday Group A Iceland Turkey
9 September 20:45 Tuesday Group B Andorra Wales
9 September 20:45 Tuesday Group B Bosnia-Herzegovina Cyprus
9 September 20:45 Tuesday Group B Israel Belgium
9 September 18:00 Tuesday Group H Azerbaijan Bulgaria
9 September 20:45 Tuesday Group H Croatia Malta
9 September 20:45 Tuesday Group H Norway Italy

Gab Marcotti says stop complaining about Euro 2016 format changes - ESPN FC

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Some interesting observations i the 1st two days of match day 1:

- Portugal are really poor without Ronaldo.

- Platini got to be fool if he seriously tries this crap with Ribery :facepalm - Franck Ribery cannot refuse France call, says UEFA president Michel Platini - ESPN FC

- Been sleeping on Serbia for a minute, with guys like Kolorav, Matic, Ivanovic, Subotic, Nastasic, Markovic, Kuzmanovic, Tadic, Ljajic, they certainly got the basic of strong team.

- Scotland were impressive for Germany, seem to have their best squad since the late 90s..

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Did anyone see McGeady's second goal for Ireland? Quality.

Elsewhere Gareth Bale beats Andorra 2-1 :D

War

Chairman of Selectors
I'm still on the fence regarding this EUROs expansion, but when you see the surface for the Andorra game & the Gibraltar has a football team & has to play their games in Portugal, you got to wonder what in god's name Platini is doing.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Another howler from Saint Iker, the calls for De Gea to be new Spain # 1 will obviously grow louder now. Del Bosque tactics at the end, placing Cazorla at right-back didn't help also..

War

Chairman of Selectors
Ha Germany loose now. Lots of injuries at the moment though, so no issue for them really.

War

Chairman of Selectors
BBC Sport - Norway 2-1 Bulgaria

Norway's Martin Odegaard became the youngest player to appear in a European Championship qualifier in his side's victory over Bulgaria in Oslo.

The Stromsgodset midfielder, who is 15 years and 300 days old, came on in the 64th minute with the score at 1-1.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Scotland has looked impressive last few qualifiers. With Fletcher/Naismith up front and Fletcher/Adams/Morrison/Anya/Maloney/Brown in mid-field - Scotland have their best team since the 1990s. That Hampden park friendly next month is going to be hot! @StinkyBoHoon @barmyarmy

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I watched last night's game - better than England played versus Estonia. I was checking out the squad and only 3 players actually play club football in Scotland.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
fletcher returning has been both surprise and a blessing, when snodgrass comes back from injury that's beginning to have the makings of a pretty good midfield for our level. the rep of ireland look to be the main threat to us making 3rd place, I'm still worried we'll making a meal gilbraltar.

I'm actually tentatively positive about our future. with Ryan Gauld learning his trade in portugal, which has been the league that has produced an overwhelming number of the best talents in european football, and dundee united turning themselves into a real youth focused club and producing a host of potentially good players I think we should see a much better scotland team in the years to come.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Difference is when teams play Scotland they aren't parking the bus.

PS: Gascoigne says hi...

We probably need to get the ENG/SCOT rivalry heating up on this forum leading up to the game, i recall the last time the teams met in Glasgow 99, EURO 2000 qualifiers was real tense game. So i'm not talking to SBH & Barmy army until the friendly is over :D

Users who are viewing this thread