Europa League Thread

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't know, I think Newcastle have one of the toughest groups going. They have probably got as good a home/away schedule as they could have hoped for though, so they stand a decent chance. Palermo and Frankfurt away will not be easy, especially if Newcastle leak goals as they are prone to doing.

Blackburn probably have the nicest group, but their two away games are against the trickier opponents, but are in a good position to take maximum points from their two home games.

My team Spurs have got a pretty tricky group for a side that doesn't have much European experience and is pretty young on top of that. Away trips to Besiktas and Leverkusen are both going to be tough games and could make or break our qualification. If we make it through though, the confidence the young chaps could gain from it will mean I will have a realistic belief we could win it from there.

sachin

International Coach
Well i think Blackburns group is very tricky...But Newcatsle have got a terrible deal out of this draw.Palermo are looking excellent.I wouldn't be surprised if the Spuds qaulified,and i think it would be good for their season,we don't want the Derby matches to lack anything because they are playing so poorly.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
sachin said:
Well i think Blackburns group is very tricky...

Really.... Away to Wisla Krakow is one of the easier away games in the entire competition, fair enough it is away and won't be easy, but is certainly one of the easier games going. Home to Basle and Nancy are two games they should definately be looking at maximum points from. And if they pick up at least a point in either of their away games, which they could more than feasibly do, then they are almost certain to go through.

Newcastle, Spurs have definately got it tougher, I'd say Groups, B, D, F and H are all trickier than Blackburns. Out of all the British sides, I would say Rangers have probably got the easier group.

sachin

International Coach
Well,i'm not saying Blackburn won't go through just saying that there's a good chance that they will stuff up.I'd personally like to see Newcastle go on a good run this season...good for their confidence.

D

Deleted member 13648

sachin said:
I'd personally like to see Newcastle go on a good run this season...good for their confidence.
Nothing like a win other Fenerbahce to get that going :D

Sureshot

Executive member
Good performance from the Toon 2nd XI last night. Luque scored too!

Krul did well on debut too. Well done boys, great win.

D

Deleted member 13648

We're cruising this game, 2-0 up but I wouldn't expect anything less

2-1 sorry :p

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Newcastle were not good for the first hour, there defence looked shaky (in other words Bramble played) and the midfeild didn't create enough chance,towards the end they started playing well but they shouldn't have sat back in the early stages

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Sevilla won against Espanyol with 3-1 on penalties. Match ended after extra time with 2-2. It was a great match to see. Too bad Espanyol went with 10 men eventually, because before that red card both sides were equally matched.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Sevilla won against Espanyol with 3-1 on penalties. Match ended after extra time with 2-2. It was a great match to see. Too bad Espanyol went with 10 men eventually, because before that red card both sides were equally matched.

Espanyol fought hard even with a guy sent off. Sevilla should have sealed the game before Jonatas scored that brilliant equaliser. Kanoute and Puerta both missed simple chances.

Palop has been awesome this season and won the penalty shootout for Sevilla in the end. Back to back trophies is a fantastic achievement for Juande Ramos. They will be playing in the Champions League for sure next season and are just two points off the leaders in La Liga.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Carn Everton!!

Here's how i'd line up for tonight;

Wessels in goal
Baines and Jags as wing backs, Joey and Rodger in centre defence, Tater and Fadz as wingers, Gravesen pushing on from centre mid with Nev playing the holding role as captain. AJ and the Yak up front!

Pretty strong bench too, Turner, Valente, Osman, Pienaar, Anichebe

We better friggin' win.

Users who are viewing this thread