Expectations

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I was wondering what other member's expectations for Cricket 2005 were. I expect the video game to be improved from Cricket 2004, with good gameplay and good graphics. EA Sports will also present the video game very well, in my opinion. :)

Last edited:

Ritwik

co-founder
Well the screenshots look very promising, especially the lighting effects. But it would be premature to assume that the game would be a great step forward from Cricket 2004 in areas like gameplay, IMO

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I strongly agree with ritwik. We can say nothing about the gameplay now--all we have is a couple of screenies. In all honesty, I think EA will finally pull their socks up--they seem to have put more money into this game by using the more popular engine. Although many people feel that they have had their chance, I think many people in this forum are just talking up now but will end up buying the game. I know that I will definitely buy the game at some point, probably the day its released. This is probably EA's last chance to take a chunk of market share. The BLIC game is not going to be perfect either--I think we have just been impressed with the BLIC communication. That does not necessarily make the games better.

So basically, I think it will definitely be a step up from C2004 (like C2004 was a step up from C2002) and we shouldn't write them off now.

Ritwik

co-founder
You're right. It would be short-sighted to write off EA Sports, especially with as little information as is available about the game currently. What strikes me is the fact that Rubbergenius/Codemasters have gone very quiet suddenly, when EA have officially announced their new game.

Howzat

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
My expectations are very low, I will not get sucked in by EA because they release a few screens that look alright, they don't mention anything significant about whats new in the gameplay...i will probably get the game after i see some reviews etc mainly because i want to suuport the Cricket games.

EA will look on this site and be licking there lips because users on here are already saying it's going to be good, because the graphics are good etc

Last edited:

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
if ea get rid of all the bugs from 2004 and improve the overall game even a lill bit ill be happy

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
kmk1284 said:
if ea get rid of all the bugs from 2004 and improve the overall game even a lill bit ill be happy

Read this post here as to why this may well not be the case

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
EA and HB have never made good cricket games because they are not cricket fans. They are from America and Canada and cricket is not big there.

Codemasters and Swordfish made BLIC, both in England where in Cricket is big makes a better game. They were fans.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
A cricket game is hard to mzke because there is too much variations. examplea cover drive can be played many ways it could even get a inside edg and go somewhere else.cricket is the hardest game to make.

uzi2005

School Cricketer
Cricket 2005 from EA isn't going to be something without the help of real cricket loving people, and EA realises this grim reality. They had to get with some Cody developer to improve on their part, they have got the graphics, cody have got the REAL thing. No hawkeye i guess for EA's version. No manual appealing option for BLIC. These are things that even I can create with 3d software! like in a week or so. Why can't they?
Bunch of s**kers they are! :mad

Users who are viewing this thread