Expert Cop Mafia - Mafia (ContrarianUmp) wins!

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't know how this ended up Rudolph being town. I got the result for ContUmp as town, Rudolph (if you say he is cop) gets result as town then how did he went on to win this? @RUDOLPH Your result costed us the game. :facepalm I'll take the full blame for lynching Rudolph but poor game from him in not posting on his defence and also the wrong result. If he had posted the result properly then I could've changed my thoughts. And also if Rudolph was a cop then he should be the insane cop. The investigation costed us. I apologize for my stupidity.... :facepalm

Btw what is the actual setup? I want to learn more from this. Completely missed with what could've been an easy win for us.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Btw what is the actual setup? I want to learn more from this. Completely missed with what could've been an easy win for us.
zwarrior - Sane
Rudolph - Insane
Sodium - Naive
Asprin - Paranoid

How were you so sure you were a sane cop? Also I think you were the one who confused asprin too and he himself I think was lazy to work out any equations tbh. This isn't Ump winning rather you 3 being very poor. Zwarrior gets the MVP here.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
The ability to assume responsibility for your actions is an admirable quality in a man. You lynched me before I posted my result... :noway You messed up! Own it :thumbs
Yes, ofcourse. I apologized for my stupidity. But you could've posted more on your defence.

Last edited:

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Guys, followed the game, had a clear eye on Ump being the Mafia. Poorly played cops. Z was outstanding thus got killed night 1. ;)

Congrats Ump!

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
How were you so sure you were a sane cop?
I went straight forward. zwarrior got correct result that I'm a cop. asprin was assumed to be paranoid cop from the time the game began. and Rudolph and Ump both investigating each other seemed too much. ContUmp posting his fake investigation result which was quite convincing to my asssumption costed me my analysis. My bad :facepalm

A good lesson for me though: Not to post the analysis which will give the mafia an idea of what result he should post.
This triggered me the most when I knew I'm a cop and ContUmp getting two opposites results.
Investigated Pres Evil - returned Mafia
Please give me a couple hours to post thoughys, just have to get through tea and kids to bed

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
When the results of the investigations were posted. I had my play pretty much set, because of the pairings, pretty much anything else was makeing it obvious, this was slightly less obvious.

Day 1 I knew:
Mafia - Ump
Aspirin - Paranoid
Rudolph - Insane

The tossup was sodium and Zwarrior as sane or Naive. I figured everyone had posted substantially legitimate results, especially with the calculations and what people said pretty much cemented it.

Hence, Asprin was useful to hang around, he was never going to return anything useful. If I had eliminated sodium it would have left me no play day 2.

Zwarrior - you were gone even before you posted the analysis, but it was even easier after :)

I shouldnt have won this. Technically today I had only one play that actually could have worked with what we knew. I didn't even need it in the end. But I pretty much knew I had to return PresEvil as Mafia as what was known it was the only thing that *could* have been legitimate.

It stumped me when Evil went after Rudi, that didn't work, when he posted it I saw it 'live' and posted my 'result' really quick to make it look independent of his post, but it was the result I had to play anyway.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Congrats Ump. Tbh I am really disappointed with the result. (Not because mafia won) because townies didn't apply themselves. I knew ump was mafia. Didn't have solid proof, so didnt risk voting him. But didn't wanted to post that he is mafia and didn't wanted him to focus on me. Although I knew I would die, I thought let me atleast try. So, didn't vote for Ump. Bad play by us townies. We gift wrapped the result and gave it to Ump. But Ump too played really well. It was good effort from you. All the best for mafia championship.

Thanks Gaurav for making this setup. This is by far my favourite setup. It was an amazing experience.

Last edited:

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Investigated asprin / Townie

This is your first day's investigation result

See below for my analysis:
  • Asprin - Result as Mafia in 1st investigation. - (PresidentEvil) - Result as Mafia (zwarrior)
  • PresidentEvil - Result as Town (Zwarrior)- Result as Town(ContUmp)
  • zwarrior - Result as Town (PresidentEvil) - Death
  • ContUmp - Result as Town (Rudolph) - Result as Mafia (PresidentEvil)
  • Rudolph - Result as Town(ContUmp) - ?

As a result Rudolph is the Mafia. Any questions? Lynch him and game over. Thank me later. :)

But here, you said you investigated zwarrior and it is town in first day's investigation.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
This is your first day's investigation result

But here, you said you investigated zwarrior and it is town in first day's investigation.
It should be asprin. Brainfade.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm Sorry guys. I was very easily convinced. I gifted this game to Ump.

User is correct. I was lazy. I didn't analyze stuff myself and simply followed Z's and Evil's theories.

Hats off to Ump for simply voting and giving an excuse to post his analysis later. I had caught that earlier (with the piggy riding comment) and done the right thing upfront but somehow allowed myself to be dictated later on.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Excellent setup. Not revealing the results was the way to go. Perhaps thats why even User was neutral when we were contemplating it.

It feels so stupid now :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
Hats off to Ump for simply voting and giving an excuse to post his analysis later. I had caught that earlier (with the piggy riding comment) and done the right thing upfront but somehow allowed myself to be dictated later on.

Zwarrior majorly stuffed me up there. I had planned out what everyone knew and was totally about to post pretty much what he did. Once he did that he took away my 'thing' which stuffed me. I genuinely pretty much had to piggy ride as he covered all bases.

Playing the odds, I never thought I'd get a lynch today, I was hoping for 2-2 and was so close to saying the numbers say we should go for no lynch. All I wanted to do is setup a valid play for day 3, the only option there was the Presevil as mafia, kill him through night and then I had a slim chance of it being an option that I was town. Any other combination didn't work.

That didn't matter when I was handed the ability to generate a lynch today tho...

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Zwarrior majorly stuffed me up there. I had planned out what everyone knew and was totally about to post pretty much what he did. Once he did that he took away my 'thing' which stuffed me. I genuinely pretty much had to piggy ride as he covered all bases.

Playing the odds, I never thought I'd get a lynch today, I was hoping for 2-2 and was so close to saying the numbers say we should go for no lynch. All I wanted to do is setup a valid play for day 3, the only option there was the Presevil as mafia, kill him through night and then I had a slim chance of it being an option that I was town. Any other combination didn't work.

That didn't matter when I was handed the ability to generate a lynch today tho...
I took away the 'thing' because sodium lynched me out of nowhere and rudolph supported him.

Users who are viewing this thread