Exploring ICC05...

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was meddling with some files in ICCO5, and stumbled accross this in the folder under the name AAus, an ACL file. I opened it with notepad, and got...

YWAusComps    Xbkdps\auscomps.bmp Domestic Tables RWTitleBar common.acl %static | L n2 uig\menu\grdHData.bmp f `tabControl    KpfcCompWnd |  nXbfcTitle ? ' ?D Pura Cup 
 < FX%logo   S f uig\logs\logPura.bmp plgWnd  ? pl%static   n? uig\common\lbrule.bmp f c KlgTable   n? 2 ?  X X X X X X X( XF XF Xe  P WO W1 D L1 LO Pts % For Against O duig\menu\grdHTit.bmp c f I  M   Luig\common\lbpress.bmp uig\common\lbhot.bmp %lgPromotion  g n uig\menu\dashgrn.bmp c %lgRelegation  ? n uig\menu\dashred.bmp c %lgWinner ??   uig\menu\icoWin.bmp f bstatic   n Final F/< pfinal  n F/< bstatic  Pn Winner F/< pwinner  rn F/< .bLgRules ??P  Rules   uig\common\button.bmp F        < *uig\common\boxblue.bmp   F/m KpointsSystem 0 F?? 2? 2 ? 2 8Win outright: 6pts Lose outright & win 1st innings: 2pts 8Lose outright & tie 1st innings: 1pt No result & win 1st innings: 2pts 8No result & tie 1st innings: 1pt Tied result: 3pts O  < ; podCompWnd |  nXbodTitle ? ' ?D Mercantile Mutual Cup 
 < FX%logo   f f uig\logs\logMMCup.bmp plgWnd  ? pl%static   n? uig\common\lbrule.bmp f c KlgTable   n? 2 * ( X( X( X( X( X( XA Xe  P W L T NR Pts NetRR O duig\menu\grdHTit.bmp c f I  M   Luig\common\lbpress.bmp uig\common\lbhot.bmp %lgPromotion  g n uig\menu\dashgrn.bmp c %lgRelegation  ? n uig\menu\dashred.bmp c %lgWinner ??   uig\menu\icoWin.bmp f bstatic   n Final F/< pfinal  n F/< bstatic  Pn Winner F/< pwinner  rn F/< .bLgRules ??P  Rules   uig\common\button.bmp F        < *uig\common\boxBlue.bmp   F/m KpointsSystem ( F?? 2# 2 F 2 8Win: 4pts No result: 1pt 8Tie: 1pt Lose: 0pts O  < ; bstatic 6H A bonus point is awarded for achieving a run rate 1.25 times that of the opposition < r VfcComp  p l  Pura Cup >tabStuff common.acl VodComp  p l  MM Cup >tabStuff common.acl RWMenuControl common.acl \fcComp odComp 

Interesting...

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe somehow we could mess around with the files and make Australian cricket captain. :hpraise for someone who does:hpraise

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I've only found this so far. Still messing about though.
If anyone has ICC05, I'd reccomend you open all those files in Notepad and see if you find anything out of the ordinary.

Hmm, looks like I have found what looks like the list of names used for Youth players. All of them are in a bunch though, and not in a first name-last name order, so I'm not sure yet how to add any...

EDIT: AHA!! I found the list of first names too :p Time to experiment and add a few, though seeing if they get implemented will take someone skipping a whole season of the game straight to the youth thing. Any volunteers?

EDIT EDIT: First names only for England. Makes sense seeing how random players for other countries just have a Letter then a first name. I found the list for that too!
All lists have a number right before the names. This I think (After some counting) is the number of names in the list. I guess what has to be changed is the number on top and then the list of names. Any takers to test this, if I send over the files? Just need someone to skip an entire season with any team and see what the names are like.

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If the sav. cap file works with ICC06 then I can give it a whirl. Dont think it works but. Damn, someone has to have ICC05.

Oi Zorax, what file specifically are you mucking around with - Ill see if its in '06 as well (highly likely).

hindleyite

School Cricketer
Yeah I think they've used exactly the same name files (save for a few updates) since ICC1. Thus, they are interchangeable between versions.

Interesting find, Zorax. I wonder if they initially planned to work in Aussie comps?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Dunnow about that. Although I agree, I have no clue how to edit stuff, so there is no way now that we would be able to play Aus Domestic...

afridi118

International Coach
usa near washington dc baltimore maryland
i think you can play aussie domestic i dont no how but some one in cricketweb made a download for world domestic. like he had abt 2 teams from each nation edited the names like lahor 11 melbourne 11 border etc and alot players were playing in right teams but tht was for icc 2002 i can give u the data files if any one wants. he i think got some help from the editor. if possible we can email childish things for an editor but should not be good for online. and if some one wants to use it online he/she can use certain features.

wardog

Club Cricketer
I remember messing around with the .lst name files a few years back, never saw much point in playing around with them, other than if you want to add your own surname into the game.

On deciding to have a poke around with my hex editor in AClub.acl I managed to change the past series tab so that "Last Home Series" became "Last Nome Series", but not much success after that.

Users who are viewing this thread