Fabulous tournament

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This has been a fantastic tournament. It's had me close to a heart attack twice (England-Holland and England-India), the grounds have been packed, we've seen surprises (England-Holland and Ireland-Bangladesh), great catches (Coetzer, Afridi), great bowling (MMM) and great batting (Yuvraj, Gayle). Hosted very well by us I think too.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Definitely and quite glad the IPL wasn't here now too as it might have been overkill (can't get that song out my head btw).

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
It has been an excellent tournament. The standard of cricket has been superb, there have been very few boring, nothing matches. My only complaint is that there were a few too many warm up matches, but nothing too major. The rain's stayed away as well :D Not had 1 match abandoned yet have we?

So much more entertaining than the IPL. No gimmicks, just proper cricket played by the best players in the world. Superb.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It has been an excellent tournament. The standard of cricket has been superb, there have been very few boring, nothing matches. My only complaint is that there were a few too many warm up matches, but nothing too major. The rain's stayed away as well :D Not had 1 match abandoned yet have we?

So much more entertaining than the IPL. No gimmicks, just proper cricket played by the best players in the world. Superb.
2 rain affected I think. Great considering there's been 20 matches.

Although I am a bit sick of Lady GaGa and Tinchy Stryder now. :p

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah I would agree that this World Cup has been great, I've actually watched most of the games and haven't dosed off during the night. After watching this it makes the IPL look like rubbish.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer

You summed it up very well. Definitely has been a great tournament. I wasn't expecting non-england games to have lot of crowd but I was proved wrong. Good thing is that not too many minnows in the second round so it has made matches even more entertaining.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
meh.....WC or IPL, T20 is an overkill. Gimme some tests or atleast some ODIs. dont remember the last time i watched an ODI :eek::eek:

though its well presented, the enjoyment and excitement factor is not even 50% of what it was in 07 !!

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
It has indeed been a well presented tournament.

I have a few qualms, including the well-published one about the pre-seeding of the Super 8 stage. The other one is the distribution of games. Chris Gayle has already said that his team had to play a night game and a day game back-to-back. Also, England and India were the only teams in the tournament not to feature in a day-game whereas a team such as Sri Lanka will have played as many as 4 of them (their one D/N was against Australia early in the tournament). Hence, come semifinals/finals, they may not be as prepared playing under lights than, for example, England.

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
I would agree that this T20 WC was far better than the IPL and ICC 2007 ODI World Cup but honestly i felt much enjoyment in the previous T20 World Cup (South Africa).

DME786

School Cricketer
I would agree that this T20 WC was far better than the IPL and ICC 2007 ODI World Cup but honestly i felt much enjoyment in the previous T20 World Cup (South Africa).[/QUOTE]

It's understandable comming from an Indian as they have been knocked out. Without a doubt the Twenty20 World Cup has been wounderful, great warm up for the Ashes.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I would agree that this T20 WC was far better than the IPL and ICC 2007 ODI World Cup but honestly i felt much enjoyment in the previous T20 World Cup (South Africa).[/QUOTE]

It's understandable comming from an Indian as they have been knocked out. Without a doubt the Twenty20 World Cup has been wounderful, great warm up for the Ashes.

You know the reason, then why bother posting it?

This World Cup has been exciting enough for me. Of course I had more fun in the previous WC because India did well, but seeing it from a non-Indian perspective, this WC has been equally exciting.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
yes this WC has been great! i liked this one better then the last one. i watched 70% of the matches LIVE, 10% highlights, 5% just CI scorecard, and ignored rest. some very close, entertaining and class cricket all around. no more those bollywood stupidness or strategic time out or or.. kingfisher/DLF-ers annoying crap, just cricket.

few more matches left, looking forward to a some great show ...

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Yeh, it's been great when I've watched it, which is all of 5 matches. England-Holland because it was was the opener and India's 4 matches. I had had enough T20 cricket after the IPL and it seems I'm still going to have to wait until India play some test cricket again. Oh well, even ODI cricket is a step up at this point. Want a change. Boo hoo, India's out. I know none will believe it but I wasn't even as happy as I should've been when we won the T20WC so I'm not too sad that we're out of it now.

Users who are viewing this thread